Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
rattler Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
i hate talking on a phone and after i killed my last cell i went a year and a half without a cell......however the wife has been beotching bout me disappearing a lil to much and being hard to get ahold of lately so she bought a Casio G'zone Commando thinking since it met military drop and submersion tests i may not be able to kill this one crazy

still aint talking on the phone much, texting my siblings a bit, bt the damn thing has turned into my lil laptop.....damn thing has more memory than my first laptop by a whole lot....internet, loaded all my music onto it, half dozen apps for various things from a conversion program to weather radar to a couple games and books to kill time.....

still hate the phone part but the damn thing is handy for a hell of alot more than just a phone....

Last edited by rattler; 07/05/11.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My flip phone died a grizzly death about 2 months ago after having had it for 6+ years. I got a Samsung Infuse and I really like it. I really rather talk on the old flip phone, but the screen on the infuse has better resolution than my first color monitor for a computer. I don't text much but have started using a lot of the other stuff.

Color radar is pretty handy to have, especially since everyone I've been on the local lakes and rivers I can get cell phone coverage here.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So what's your number?

We can talk about your problem. smile

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Have had a Blackberry for about a year now. It's my phone, my MP3 player, my laptop, my office at home and away, I am totally hooked, now and always.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I have a Blackberry it works for me.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Another thing I like about my new phone is the front facing camera. I can video conference with someone with a webcam or another phone with a front facing camera.

Otto is my co-pilot.
O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Typing this on my droid x. I never learned how to turn a computer on till I got this thing. I very seldomly use it as a phone. I now consider gun magazines as places to stuff bullets or boolits. I love it!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Two years now with a 3Gs iPhone. Don't know how I ever lived without it.

Sam......

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
blackberry curve, I hate it.

It's froze up more often than not.

I'm very good at taking the battery out of it to do a redneck reboot since often times I can't even power it down when it freezes up.

Casio G'zone Commando sounds way cooler than "curve"

yuck.

Now I have a phone complex lol!

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northern_dave
blackberry curve, I hate it.

It's froze up more often than not.

I'm very good at taking the battery out of it to do a redneck reboot since often times I can't even power it down when it freezes up.

Same phone I have. I don't even use it as a "smart phone" as the buttons and screen are too small and I've experienced similar freezes and failure to link to the bluetooth in the car (MD requirement this year). I can't have a phone in the office (and it wouldn't work anyway in my copper box) so it sits in my car off most of the time. It seems to work well at that and that's about all. wink

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use mine all the time.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Love my Iphone 4. Email and internet are right there. I even surf the campfire a fair bit when I don't feel like sitting down at my desktop PC.

Now with even more aplomb
E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
I have a Blackberry Bold 9700 and it is pretty decent. I use BB messenger quite a bit. It also keeps me up to date on the 'fire.

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I still have a cell phone, no gimicks or gizmo's, not even texting. Think I will keep it that way.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I have the Blackberry Bold. Works great.

[Linked Image]

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
my wife has that one and it seems to do fine for her.

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northern_dave
my wife has that one and it seems to do fine for her.

My problems with the Curve model got worse after the most recent IOS "upgrade" When I reboot it acts like it's a new SIM card. I don't know if it affected other models.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
My wife has the Curve.... POS. Course she has Verizon which makes it worse.

The trackpad on the Bold, alone, versus the trackball on the Curve is a world of difference.

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
i had a motorola pebel for 4 yrs and it was going bad, then i got caught in a suprise rainstorm and it was destroyed. Few months later i reluctently bought an HTC droid and loved having internet, games, music, and a phone in the palm of my hand. shopping see somthing i want, check the internet for a better price, find better price save $$ smile.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
No, I have a stupid phone, perfect match for me, by design.

One fine day I will place that thing on my shop anvil and pop it w/ a little 2lb. ball peener LOL. I hate cell phones and the way we have all been trained to think we cant survive without that electronic trash.
Were the days of post it notes really all that bad? Or how bout a kind message from the wife, "sweetheart Bill called about Your rifle, its ready" I miss those days.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

289 members (375sunrise, 338reddog, 219 Wasp, 30Gibbs, 10ring1, 29aholic, 33 invisible), 1,757 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,205
Posts18,524,224
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.