-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I love this line, because I hadn't heard anything but whispered rumors about it now.

The Acting Director said that ATF was kept in the dark about certain activities of other agencies, including DEA and FBI.

And you can definitely put the State department into that list.

It's gonna be such a BIG investigation.. of lots of agencies.. and lots of political appointees to those agencies..

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The U.S. should wash their hands of this whole thing and turn Ken Melson and Eric Holder over to the Mexicans to prosecute.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm not an ATF hater, like some of these guys, and I know how the Federal agencies play together...not. If the general public gets grips with disfunction of the Federal LEA's, especially the FBI, it's gonna be bad. They're scared at the top. I guaranty it.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
FlaRick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ltppowell
You're talking about Patrick Fitzgerald...Eric Holders right hand man.

You sure about that? Seems like Fitzgerald is an equal opportunity prick who will do anything to bring down a target and keep his name in the papers.

I'm better when I move.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
They're [bleep].
"As you know, obstructing or impeding a Congressional inquiry is also a criminal violation under 18 U.S.C. � 1505."

Yep.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Calhoun
I love this line, because I hadn't heard anything but whispered rumors about it now.

The Acting Director said that ATF was kept in the dark about certain activities of other agencies, including DEA and FBI.

And you can definitely put the State department into that list.

It's gonna be such a BIG investigation.. of lots of agencies.. and lots of political appointees to those agencies..
When this finally becomes too big for the MSM to ignore, aren't their viewers/readers going to wonder why it hadn't been headline news for a long time already?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
One problem that Melson just created was this:

Acting Director Melson's cooperation was extremely helpful to our investigation. He was candid in admitting mistakes that his agency made and described various ways he says that he tried to remedy the problems. According to Mr. Melson, it was not until after the public controversy that he personally reviewed hundreds of documents relating to the case, including wiretap applications and Reports of Investigation (ROIs). By his account, he was sick to his stomach when he obtained those documents and learned the full story. Mr. Melson said that he told the Office of the Deputy Attorney General (ODAG) at the end of March that the Department needed to reexamine how it was responding to the requests for information from Congress.

DOJ is going to play the card (somewhat logically) that if Melson didn't know the entire picture of guns being walked, then how were they to know?

Melson is still a lying piece of <bleep>, and it's good that he flipped. But he still needs to be one of the folks that gets indicted, if for nothing else than lying in this interview.

FlaRick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The media will do their best to hide or misrepresent this story for as long as they can. Look for more coverage of Casey Anthony type stories to distract the masses.

I'm better when I move.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I'm not an ATF hater, like some of these guys, and I know how the Federal agencies play together...not. If the general public gets grips with disfunction of the Federal LEA's, especially the FBI, it's gonna be bad. They're scared at the top. I guaranty it.

BATF, FBI, DEA, Homeland Security, ICE......all competing for $,,,a little top heavy are we? Eliminate a minimum of 2, pick any 2. We wont miss them at all.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
TRH,

Are you kidding?

Even when the MSM are forced to give it the coverage that it deserves they will continue to be apologists for the administration and try and convince us (as they are attempting now) that its America's 'lack' gun laws that got those agents (and likely others) killed.

If and only if the MSM thinks that THEY have been played by the Administration, will you see anything different. And I can't see a scenario where they might think they got played.

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calhoun
One problem that Melson just created was this:

DOJ is going to play the card (somewhat logically) that if Melson didn't know the entire picture of guns being walked, then how were they to know?

Melson is still a lying piece of <bleep>, and it's good that he flipped. But he still needs to be one of the folks that gets indicted, if for nothing else than lying in this interview.

Was this guy under oath when he was "interviewed"?

Carpe' Scrotum
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Steve

He had his own personal attorney (not a counsel from DOJ) and was speaking to Congressional investigators.....call me crazy, but I'm going to say he wasn't lying (which would be a federal crime).

Last edited by Schnitzengruben; 07/06/11.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Thanks for the post Calhoun... smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems to be the only thing anybody gets convicted of is lying. All the Senators and Reps. are guilty of it. grin miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steve

Yes, any interview with the House Oversight Committee would have been given while under oath.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There is absolutely ZERO chance that this case was not reviewed and approved by the Attorney Generals Office. Zero.

It is normal for the agencies involved not to cooperate.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I nominate Kenneth Starr, the Dems would love that.

Nominate ME, nominate ME! I'll get the bastoid! I'll pick SteveNO and Bob as my legal consul. You would see heads roll then. grin

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

FlaRick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Those boys are on vacation, Derby. Better look elsewhere for your legal team. grin

I'm better when I move.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FlaRick
You're talking about Patrick Fitzgerald...Eric Holders right hand man.

You sure about that? Seems like Fitzgerald is an equal opportunity prick who will do anything to bring down a target and keep his name in the papers.

maybe, but fitz knows who his daddy is.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Damn, the pigeons are coming home to roost!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (1OntarioJim, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 219DW, 1234, 54 invisible), 2,388 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,801
Posts18,496,303
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.