Print Thread
Hop To
Page 697 of 1,842 1 2 695 696 697 698 699 1841 1842
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC
Great pictures,all.Looks like you people had a great weekend.Good!Muffy looked relaxed.
The news concerning Cole is very welcome and heartening.Thank you for the update,Berettaman.
Rooster,the Weatherby P-08 is made for them in Turkey.What many people do not realize is that Weatherby is now just a brand and has no manufacturing facilities.Kinda like Charles Daly,which is now defunct,was.The shotgun is well made and sturdy and got some good reviews.The Remington 870 would be a better choice in the price range.Many people do not realize just how doggone good the Mossberg Shotguns are and they are USA made to boot.I suggest you look at them in your shopping.

Stan in SC

Hey thanks Stan. That is good info.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well I'M BACK!!!!!

Thanks to Dave! Gotta go back to pg. 1365 and get caught up.

Laters!

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hey Muffster. glad you're back.

Camp is where you make it.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
And we are most glad that you have returned Muffy.You have been missed.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Well been busy spring and summer for me and the family.. Just finally getting settled in to our new house... Our new home is in Prior Lake on fish lake.. Moved from Lakeville...

So with that was wondering if anybody out there has or knows anybody that wants to sell a Artic Cat Z120.. Its for my daughter she is 6yrs old....

I will be in Thief River Falls first week of Aug, my wife has her 20th High School reunion..... If that helps at all, I know a lot of you guys are up that way...

Thanks Noduck....

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Rooster, I typed up a response to your question about the scattergun, but I dont see it. I dunno what happened, I must not have posted it.

Anyway, my #1, #2, and #3 priorities when buying a shotgun is gun fit. If it fits you (meaning length of stock is right and you are looking down the rib, etc) then you will hit with it. How important is gun fit? I know a gent who averaged 17 on the trap field and his career best was a 22. He got a new gun from his wife (a Beretta, imagine that!) and his average went to 23.5 and he never, not once, shot a round lower than 19 in 5 years of trap league. The only thing that changed was the gun.

#4 is balance in your hands. Balance to me translates more into confidence than anything else...if it feels good in your hands your confidence is high and things tend to die. If you dont like the feel, you will struggle. So, having said all that, if that gun fits and feels balanced, then buy it. Also, I echo what Stan has said wholeheartedly.

You arent going to get stung too bad on a $300 gun, if you dont like it, you can sell it within a day or two for $225.

I like that Mossbergs are made here, however, they fail my balance test. They just dont feel good to me in my hands for some reason. Good luck and lets hear how it works out for ya!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have been kicking around the idea of a kids Polaris ATV for awhile now too. However, I just walked the driveway check out to the mailbox, so might have to wait awhile.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well Dave here are the pics you requested.

The foil hats.

[Linked Image]

Black Bear even had one.

[Linked Image]

White Bear having a confrontation with Black Bear.

[Linked Image]

They fixed the radio antenna so well we even picked up a radio station from pretty far away. I'm sure it was the bear head on Daves head that helped.

[Linked Image]

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
we were tuning in to MN public radio to eavesdrop on their liberal preachings. But we put the foil on so they couldn't read out conservative thoughts.

Very sneaky.

grin

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Great to hear from you Muffy.

We're just about done with our window and siding project. All thats left is a little trim work around the doors. Started putting the blinds and shades back up this morning. What a PITA.

If I have any money left after I pay off the contractor I'm going to have seemless gutters installed.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Pics or it didn't happen. grin

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Is this thing on?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I killed a ton of chickens this weekend, had a run in with an eener look a like, dang near brought him home. couldn't stand the humidity though. 1400 miles in 3 days is too much when combined with 20 hours of butchering. least I'm home now. tomorrow will come way too early.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
We did some stuff today, but photobucket is fighting me bad tonight... we'll see if i can post pics or not.

Glad you made it home Ryan.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
We made a run to the cabin yesterday to look for the lost kodak, plays with matches misplaced his little kodak but we found it in the couch so we were all pretty happy about that.

On the way there we helped a turtle get across the road.

[Linked Image]

We have a big tree across the trail heading in to camp so we'll need the chainsaw next time we go out.

[Linked Image]

We also have a tree leaning over the cabin. No saw with yesterday so we strapped it to a couple other trees to help hold it until we can get out there with the saw.

[Linked Image]

Dragonflies buzzing around the cabin, I managed a fairly decent still shot of one.

[Linked Image]

Back at home we had this little 14' fishing boat ready to test out in a local river.

[Linked Image]

PWM not having much fun at all.... grin

[Linked Image]

Cought this goldeye on a spoon in the river.

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/scenery/IMG_0922a.jpg[/img]

Had a few good strikes from northerns but never got the hooks in tight enough to boat one on our little test run last night. We only had one rod with rigged with a ratty beat up spoon and we didn't make much of an effort fishing. Out main goal was to test the boat and motor last night.

The boat ran great though, we'll be using it more often in the river now, kind of fun.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
This must be a banner year for turtles. I've seen more snappers this year than I've seen in years. Quite a few of them were laying their eggs right on the shoulder of the road. Sighted plenty of painted turtles too.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Cool goldeneye. I don't think I've seen one before. Most of the snappers I've seen have been in several pieces on the side of the road. I did see a good sized one a lady by Target helped into the ditch. Not sure I'd have done that, he was a biggin. grin

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Neat pics! Used to catch gold eyes on the Red River. Great fun and strong fighters. Also used to tease snappers into biting a stick and see how far we could carry them before they let go. Mid June was when they laid eggs on our road. Who was drinking the beer?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Had a funny happen yesterday.In a multi level birdhouse in the backyard the wrens were raising a ruckus.We walked out there and young just-learned-to-fly wrens were leaving the house in groups.They were all over the yard.I remarked to my wife that they were all gone now and she replied that there seemed to be one still in the house which is at eye level.I am used to sticking my finger in the houses and petting the young birds and I walked over to do just that but for some reason decided to look in the nest first.The reason they were so noisy and leaving the bird house was that there was a two foot long snake inside one of the compartments which snake I came eye to eye with in looking inside.
I finally convinced the snake to vacate the bird house.Afterward I wondered what my reaction would have been had I stuck my finger in where he was and gotten bitten.

Stan in SC

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 07/12/11.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Ick, hate snakes!

Something clever here.

Page 697 of 1,842 1 2 695 696 697 698 699 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (1minute, 260madman, 1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 264magnum, 270cowboy, 58 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,428
Posts18,489,229
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.