Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
That JPoint mount looks like it might work with the Burris FastFire. I have a FastFire, and have made mounts for it. The JPoint locating posts look a little bigger than what the Burris uses, but that could be fixed. Just checked dimensions - the FastFire is 4mm longer than the JPoint, and the same width. Close enough, hmmm???

GB1

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kcnboise
That JPoint mount looks like it might work with the Burris FastFire.

Nah, I tried that. I ordered the J-Point mount from Midway and ended up returning it. I suppose a guy could make it work, but it would have involved more floppin' around than I was interested in.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JOG
I was complaining earlier in this thread about the lack of a decent revolver mount for the Burris Fastfire. Allchin has a mount out now that looks good, but I can't confirm if it fits the Fastfire. I can't reach Allchin on the phone and no response to emails.

Originally Posted by Allchin
NEW S&W Mini STS Scope Mount (Also fits JP Optima 2000, Leopold, SIG, & Most Other Small Dot Scopes)

[Linked Image]

It doesn't fit the Burris sight.... the holes line up with the mount but the screws needed to mount the sight to the base are a slightly larger diameter.... Maybe the sight holes could be drilled and tapped to accept the larger screws but this is seeming like a round hole square peg situation....

I'll keep the base and explore a different red dot option.

Please don't feed the trolls!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Maybe make the mount holes smaller diameter on the Allchin. Sounds like there's a market.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I mounted a Burris Fast Fire on my Ruger SBH Hunter 45 Colt. It is accurate and very small. It sure beats the scope I had on it.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
IC B2

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
It doesn't fit the Burris sight...

Crap. Thanks for update.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Finally put a photo on the bucket. Been awhile, hope this works!:
[img:center][Linked Image][/img]

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It doesn't fit the Burris sight.... the holes line up with the mount but the screws needed to mount the sight to the base are a slightly larger diameter.... Maybe the sight holes could be drilled and tapped to accept the larger screws but this is seeming like a round hole square peg situation....

Allchin agreed to see if the STS mount can be made to work if I send them a FastFire for testing. Sooo, I'll send it in and see what happens.

Robert Frost
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JOG

Allchin agreed to see if the STS mount can be made to work if I send them a FastFire for testing. Sooo, I'll send it in and see what happens.

Jog, would you please send me a PM when you get the results?

I still have an Ultra Dot on my .45 Colt Mountain Gun.... downsizing to something easier to holster would make a great gun outstanding...

Having to carry my current set up in a large fanny pack takes away from the cool factor... wink

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Will do.

Of course, 5-minutes after the flopping around is done Burris will come out with a factory S&W mount...

Robert Frost
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Have you seen one of the new Leupold mini red dots yet...the Allchin mount lists it as one that will work....

The folks on red dot pistol forum like the more expensive Trijicon self adjusting red dots better.... but they are more expensive and Allchin doesn't list them as compatible...

Lots of discussion here:

http://www.warriortalk.com/forumdis...s&s=990a13af8fc6ca3cad322d72928277cb

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought the FastFire and then found out the S&W mount sucked. Live and learn. If I had to do it all over again I would go with a J-Point or the Leupold (which also has a nice S&W revolver mount). Since I don't want to flip the FastFire at a loss I'll see how this plays out.

Robert Frost
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It is unclear to me which mounts come with a base priced Leupold red dot and what takes the extra expense additional mount???

If base price includes a good S&W mounting system I may go in that direction.... information on which companies product works well with another one's is often sketchy at best.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It is unclear to me which mounts come with a base priced Leupold red dot and what takes the extra expense additional mount???

If base price includes a good S&W mounting system I may go in that direction.... information on which companies product works well with another one's is often sketchy at best.

The DeltaPoint is $399.99, and the DeltaPoint with mounting kit is $449.99. The mounting kit comes with a slew of mounts, one of which is for the new style S&W revolver (round/factory D&T). The S&W mount is shown in the photo at about 2 o'clock:

[Linked Image]

Robert Frost
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Thanks

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

641 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 1badf350, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 3,219 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,372
Posts18,469,313
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.