-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 699 of 1,842 1 2 697 698 699 700 701 1841 1842
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was just thinking that I can't tell which one likes being in the boat more, PWM or Eener.

Hi Ingwe. grin

Tom, I ordered the Canon Rebel T3i Body. And I got a Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS lens. I was going to get the same lens Pam has but the guy talked me into this one. If I don't like it, I'm definately going to let him know.

Last edited by Muffy; 07/13/11.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I guess there's a mountain lion in warroad MN (south end of lake of the woods)

I don't know too many details but I will soon, I'll post what I find out this morning possibly.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
mountain lion rug would look really nice at the cabin!!!!!

grin

Last edited by runswithscissors; 07/13/11.

Hold my mountain dew & watch this.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Boy speak heap big truth.

grin

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
i think boy should get a full mount for the cabin!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Mountain lion bagged with a pellet rifle just to be sporting about it doncha know.
Great river pictures,Dave.The Chattahoochee river runs smack thru the middle of my home town in Georgia and as a youngun I spent LOTS of time on the river.Love riding on a river.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well.... I just got out of a 6 hour stint in the ER. I woke up this morning with a gut ache and it got worse and worse. I tried to go to work, but turned around a few miles down the road because it was so distracting I could hardly drive, let along work around heavy equipment all day.

By 9am I was wishing I was dead. For real, I wouldn't have argued if someone wanted to shoot me. Betsy got home from her business trip a short time later and broght me to walk in. They ran some tests and said it looks like gall bladder stones or gall baldder infection and that I should go to the ER imeaditaly, which sucked because it was about 20 more miles away.

I had a boat load of tests run and an ultra-sound (it's a girl). At 5pm they brought me the news that they can't find anything wrong with my other than my white blood count is high, so there is an infection somewhere. So...Tomorrow, I get to head back up and do it all over again. smile So I got that goin' for me.

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by tzone
So I got that goin' for me.

Which is nice....

grin

sorry dude, had to close that quote.

Hey man, I feel for ya, pains in the guts is not nice. I really hope you get that figured out tomorrow.

Hold my mountain dew & watch this.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
be careful with ultrasounds, went in with my wife to find out how far along she was, (we were not planning to have anymore children) the ultrasound said we are having twins..... SURPRISE

edit to add, after the initial shock (it lasted about a week) I am getting used to the idea and think this is gonna be a great addition to our family, and if the twins are half as good as our 7 month old daughter, I will have it made. smile

Last edited by bubbajay; 07/13/11.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by runswithscissors
Originally Posted by tzone
So I got that goin' for me.

Which is nice....

grin

sorry dude, had to close that quote.

Hey man, I feel for ya, pains in the guts is not nice. I really hope you get that figured out tomorrow.

crap, sorry tom, I posted that thinking I was logged in.

You probably figured out on your own though that a 14 year old boy can't quote Bill Murray off the cuff like that.

grin

Get to the bottom of this though, seriously. Best wishes.

Something clever here.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
gotta love caddyshack!

sorry to hear about the gut tom, if its any consolation I got so hot today working I puked twice, almost passed out and peed orange juice when I got home.

and I found out I have to give up my weekend with little man and drive to montana. and back.

good news is Kendra might meet me and stay with me in the hotel on the "lay over" before I return home. and yes I get it.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
he said....

"lay over"

huh, huh, huhhh..

grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You 2 are bad. But anyway it will be nice for you to spend some time with Kendra.

Tom I hope they figure out soon what is wrong. Hope it is not too serious.

I finally went to the clinic today and got meds for my sinus infection (which I get at least twice a year). I also got cough syrup with codeine in it. Also the drainage ducts in my eyes are blocked so I got drops for that. Old age, boy I'm just falling appart. smile

Well I'm going to pop in a movie and go to bed early.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bubbajay
...if the twins are half as good as our 7 month old daughter, I will have it made. smile

DUDE! A 7 month old little girl with 2 on the way. My congratulations... and my deepest sympathies! wink

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
bubbajay....I went through the EXACT same thing a little over 3 years ago. The boys are just awesome. I can give you all kinds of advice about twins.

#1 It is imperative that your wife breast feeds. And I aint talking about how much healthier that is....It is sooooo much easier to just elbow her in the ribs when they wake up at night hungry. wink

#2 Make it known early and often that you do not want any gifts that are different styles, sizes, or colors. If you wanna buy my twins a gift, they better be duplicates or clones. I cant tell you how many times I have heard, "I WANT THE GREEN ONE!!!!". Seriously, this is an issue that is easily solved. Grandparents are the worst.

#3 When I am doing something with one, I feel guilty about not doing something with the other. Dont have an answer for this one yet..... confused

#4 Feed them at the same time. Yes, that means waking one up to eat. Experience has taught us this the hard way.

#5 During the times that twins try your patience (like when they were caught throwing eggs (9) all over the kitchen), remember, very few people are blessed with the opportunity to raise twins.

#6 With 3 kids you have to abandon the man-to-man defense and go to a zone. Really, you kinda do. You will develop that with your wife as time goes on.

#7 Your wife is gonna get twice as stressed. Take the kids out looking for deer to give her some time to decompress.

#8 Enjoy them!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Tom, Did they mention that you prolly shouldnt have eaten the 12-pack of Slim Jims, a half a jar of pickles, a stick of butter, what was left of last week's Spam, jalapeno chip dip, the undercooked chicken and washed it down with a quart of Soy Milk? sick Just sayin'.

Seriously good luck with that. Geez, a lot of health issues here lately. Thank goodness nothing too serious so far!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
No but I probably should have told them that, eh?

It really wasn't my "gut" it is my gall bladder. Which I can thank my mom's side of the family for those problems, my mom and both my aunts and my uncle have had theirs removed.

I was pretty scared to tell the truth. The pain was nothing like I've ever had before, kida hard to describe. It was like a twisting or a pressure that went from the bottom of my ribs to my chest, on into my back.

I'm staying home from work today on the Doc's request, which is fine because I still don't feel that great.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
BubbaJay....Congrats x2 on the new additions.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Take care of that gall bladder Tom. That does not sound like fun.

Well its already thursday of my week long vacation. Why can't the work week go this fast??? We left bright and early tuesday morning and took the kids to Valley Fair in Shakopee, MN. Fun was had by all and I finally found someone who will go on every ride I want to. My youngest boy Caleb is finally tall enough and was fearless (for the most part) and we went on all the baddest rides more than once. His face on some of them was priceless! The next morning we got up and went to that big dumb mall in Mpls. Thank God nobody wanted to stay there long! It was good to get home yesterday. I could not live in the cities. No way. No how.

Dave - I heard about the cougar in warroad. My nephew said the border patrol was spotlighting the bike path last night. My guess is its a young male that mama kicked to the curb and he's just wandering around right now.

Last edited by Rooster7; 07/14/11.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Geeze Rooster....I woulda bought ya lunch if ya called. How was VF? I haven't been there in 20 years or more. When Jack gets big enough to ride the fun ones I'll take the kids. That kid LOOOOOOOVES roller coasters. My daughter wants nothing to do with them.

When we were in Sea World in Orlando this spring, there was a coaster that blasted you through the water...we got there early and nobody was in line. We kept going back on. I think we went 5 times before the line got long.

Page 699 of 1,842 1 2 697 698 699 700 701 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 16penny, 1234, 57 invisible), 2,271 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,391
Posts18,488,706
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.