Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 700 of 1,842 1 2 698 699 700 701 702 1841 1842
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
T, hope you're doing better. If it has to come out I'm pretty good with a filet knife. laugh

Well I've converted to Islam! My new name is I Ben Painten. grin Been painten the deck, the trim on the garage and porch. One coat done and one to go.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well Bill, I'll keep you in mind. grin

There will be no painting going on here, it's raining like crazy. a good all day soaker.

I did pick up a power washer at rumage sale I drove past today. Gas powered 6hp job. Thing looks brand new. Bill when you're done painting, I have a power washing project for ya. laugh

Camp is where you make it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Maybe I could get you to loan me the power washer. MY uncles's place could use a good cleaning.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Maybe Bill, he meant that you need to get power washed. Try and get all of that Wisconsin stank off'n ya. eek

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I need a power washer to strip my deck so I can refinish it, had a hot one here today too

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
thanks for the advice, funny thing is we were not trying to have anymore, but my brother and his wife were trying to have their first child, they ended up doing some fertility stuff, and they are having twins as well, at about the same time. So my parents will become grandparents times 4 all within a few weeks. Next christmas should be interesting.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone
Geeze Rooster....I woulda bought ya lunch if ya called. How was VF? I haven't been there in 20 years or more. When Jack gets big enough to ride the fun ones I'll take the kids. That kid LOOOOOOOVES roller coasters. My daughter wants nothing to do with them.

When we were in Sea World in Orlando this spring, there was a coaster that blasted you through the water...we got there early and nobody was in line. We kept going back on. I think we went 5 times before the line got long.

Tzone - I have not been there in awhile either but the rides keep getting bigger and better. Wild Thing is still awesome. They have a roller coaster now called Renegade that is so freakin fast that you think every turn is your last. They also have one called Steel Venom that was prolly my favorite. If you like the feeling of going from 0 - 90mph? in about 2 seconds that ride is for you. Its the kind that you sit below the track and your feet are dangling out in front of you. Then you go up about a 100 foot cork screw and back down through the "loading station" and backwards up another 100 foot cork screw. This goes on a few times and you are haulin major A$$. That was a rush!

Caleb was funny while we were waiting in line. Over and over he said "I don't know about this one Dad. Do you think you might be a little nuts?"

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Well I've converted to Islam! My new name is I Ben Painten. grin Been painten the deck, the trim on the garage and porch. One coat done and one to go.

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Maybe Bill, he meant that you need to get power washed. Try and get all of that Wisconsin stank off'n ya. eek

No way BM. That smell comes from beer, brats and cheese. We wear it like a badge of honor. grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wife loves coasters , me not so much blush
Went to cedar point a few years ago .

I did ride this. link has a vid of the ride :
http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/park/rides/coasters/millennium_force/

[Linked Image]

Got me a t-shirt with the pic of the first up and down the says Size matters ... on the front and It's the SIZE of the ride that Really MATTERS on the back.

Was a fun ride ,with a great view from the top. That dragster one they had with the 0-90 in a couple of heartbeats to straight up ? we took a pass on that one whistle

Last edited by M1894; 07/15/11.

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
IC B3

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Raining pretty hard today.. Will be interesting to see how much rain we get....

Getting a little nervous moved into a house and the gutters need to be cleaned.. Have not had time yet to clean them out.... Lots of overflow right now..... Yikes....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Got the call at work from my daughter-the basement flooded. 'Turns out the last time I mowed the lawn, I forgot to throw the flexible drain line for the sump pump back out in the yard away from the foundation. It wasn't too bad-lots of wet clothes, but little actual water on the floor. I went out back to check on the sump line and realized that my son had left my one and only hard gun case out on the patio table, wide open after shooting at the range yesterday. The foam rubber is totally soaked. Anybody know if this stuff will ever dry out, or should I just pitch the foam and re-line the case? 4:43 here and it's just about dark. We're fixin' to get another good blow here in the Cities.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
It'll dry out. I was working in the downpour, we got 4" in 2 hours in downtown St. Paul. That was nuts.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Wow none of that rain hit up up north here. It's going to be a scorcher up here for the next 4 days. Pam and I had a golf tournamant yesterday hith my work. Had a great time and won a couple really cool prizes. I won a really cool frabill fish landing net with the rubber net. I've actually been looking at those for quite a while now.

Oh, I almost forgot Carlos the brown 77 ford pickup went in for a laser alignment for the front end. Wow does that truck drive nice now!! Should have done that years ago.

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My daughter's got her State Championship fastpitch tournament this weekend in Lakeville, which is our home town for her team. They worked all afternoon/evening yesterday drying up the fields and had them ready to go, but we got rain again overnight, so the first round of pool play games were cancelled. We're back over there in an hour or so to try it again. These fields (Aronson Park) drain pretty well, but 4" of rain that we got yesterday is a lot of water to shed for even the best drained facilities. Kinda sucks-we had several college scouts coming to see her pitch. Oh well, hopefully they stay for the second game.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Took the little man to Cabela's today. Sold them one of my rifles and picked up a trail cam. A Primos Truth 35. It came recomended by White Bear, Northern_dave, and the Cabela's dude. If I get a chance to get it set up I hope I can post some back yard deer. I haven't seen any in a while.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Some excitement under our old 54 chevy car today. Gus the black lab trapped a woodchuck under the car and was trying to dig under the car to get the woodchuck.

We jacked the car up for him and things got more interesting. First eener the weeny dog tried to help but the chuck was bigger than him so it wasn't going too well. Then Gus mistook the eener's hind end for the woodchuck in the darkness under the old car.... Eener got chomped hard.

He's a little tore up but he's going to be ok.

We finally got the car up high enough so Gus could reach further under the car. With the hood open on the old chevy I spotted the big woodchuck climbing up between the fender and the engine under the hood. All was clear so I popped him with a ruger MKII. The chuck slid down the inside of the fender. Gus come around the corner and got hold of him from under the car and proceeded to kill the chuck, again, and again, and again...

Lol!!

Then he laid ther panting in the sun with his prize kill between his front legs. Our hero, Gus the woodchuck hunter.

grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
grin

I think a woodchuck was the first thing my dad "let" me shoot with my .22. It was in the shed.

Last edited by tzone; 07/17/11.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The right tool for the job. Those little guns gome in handy. Like a leatherman for killing.

Wood is Good.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Sounds like the dogs had a better time than I did. Took the wife shopping for new blinds for the living room on Saturday.

Going to be nasty hot and humid here most of the week.

Tom, I take it your feeling better?

Page 700 of 1,842 1 2 698 699 700 701 702 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

219 members (257 mag, 160user, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 21 invisible), 1,791 guests, and 984 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,347
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.