-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
isalm isn't a race... if the shooter was blonde it doesn't mean he is not a jihadist

Please don't feed the trolls!
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
If it turns out the way most of us suspect BrentD will you eat crow?Nothing is definite yet,but this reeks of the "Religion of Peace". Monashee

Support the BC Wildlife Federation
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
The shooter was dressed in a policeuniform. The same man was also seen in Oslo near the bombing.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Had many a crow. How about you? Did you fall for the Jihadist McVeigh? Bet you did. How did it taste?

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Police says it could be a local sort of terrorism . They have also found bombs at Ut�ya, but of course it is too early to be sure about anything.
So far 7 people died in the bombing in Oslo and 10 are shot dead at Ut�ya.

Last edited by Hjortejeger; 07/22/11.
IC B2

bcp Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2011/07/22/158863.html

A terror group, Ansar al-Jihad al-Alami, or the Helpers of the Global Jihad, issued a statement claiming responsibility for the attack, according to Will McCants, a terrorism analyst at C.N.A., a research institute that studies terrorism. The message said the attack was a response to Norwegian forces� presence in Afghanistan and to unspecified insults to the Prophet Muhammad.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by BrentD
Had many a crow. How about you? Did you fall for the Jihadist McVeigh? Bet you did. How did it taste?
Never had a thought about it!Always thought McVeigh was a nut with a gripe.How about the Arab/American Army major,I guess he was either misguided..or just having a bad day right! Monashee

Support the BC Wildlife Federation
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
your sympathies is much appreciated.
it is confirmed that the shooter(which also was connected to the bombing)was norwegian.

good to hear that 65br is unharmed.
i live in the north, so i'm around 800 miles away from oslo.

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Islamic terrorists are of course dangerous , but they are also known to be liars. So far 2 islamic terrorist groups have said they did it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Steffen, if you hear more, please do post it. Things like motives, connections etc.

Glad you are far away, but since it is your countrymen and children who have been ruthlessly murdered not that far off I am sure.

We are sooo very sorry for your nations suffering and losses. Norway has always been such a bright and shining star of freedom, tolerance, peace and neutrality yet able to fight like nobody's business when truly attacked. I have GREAT respect for your country and people. MARK

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B3

65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Latest is as above, my friend confirms authorities are saying its a local Norwegian, right wing extremists..Neo-Nazi is the latest, but whether he acted alone or with others....and any organization has yet to be announced or determined.

Regardless of the details, any terror attack which inc. what this has turned out to be is horrible. I share the sentiment, Norway has many fine people and its another incident that is a sad reminder of those intent on hurting others for their attention or agenda.

As to police and guns, most all local police if not all, do not carry them per my friend, but keep guns in their cars. Most residents have high regard for the police and guns are typically ...historically not needed on person by the Police.

Today's events are a big tragedy for this small populated country, and its esp. sad about children being targeted.

My heart and prayers go out to the families of the victims, and those wounded.

As I am typing the local media is saying the guy caught came from the west side, was seen at both sights, had a police uniform and as the children ran, he went to those trying to run and convinced he was ok, then opened fire. Sick individual.

Sad thing also is no death penalty, and the penal code is typical that he will get 10 or 20 years, not life....unless he is deemed mentally ill.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 65BR
Latest is as above, my friend confirms authorities are saying its a local Norwegian, right wing extremists..Neo-Nazi is the latest

I would not be surprised. The youth camp was organized by left wing political party.

Originally Posted by 65BR
Sad thing also is no death penalty, and the penal code is typical that he will get 10 or 20 years, not life....unless he is deemed mentally ill.

That's the big problem in Northern Europe. You could technically get a "life" sentence but in reality it's more like 5-10 years, 15 if we are lucky.

Last edited by Sami; 07/22/11.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The dude and Timothy McVeigh, both seem to go hand in hand....hope they kill the bastid.....

maddog

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Glad you are okay Steffen and you to 65br. A sad day indeed. Keep us posted on the fall out.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks Safariman, DD, and others, I am glad to have not been a victim, as several tourist had faces bandaged due to shrapnel and I have not heard who are the fallen victims.

This event has truly rocked the country. There are many buildings that look similar to the event we had in Oklahoma. Police have been investigating the guys apartment now and I am sure more info will follow.

Off to bed as its past midnight here and I will continue my vacation and not let any terrorist stop my plans. Its like my local friend says, "Life is not Warranteed to anyone" but the people here are resilient and peaceful and will continue moving on living life as best as possible and resume normal living w/o letting fear paralyze them.

Please keep the country, victims, and families in your prayers guys.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Is your family with you 65br?

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
isalm isn't a race... if the shooter was blonde it doesn't mean he is not a jihadist

no thats true. It DOES prove though that Brent is an azzhole.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lines in sand turned green someday, glowing...is inevitable.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Norways biggest newspaper says his name is Anders Behring Breivik, you can find at Facebook. he has been active on internet forums as a right wing nationalist.Also very critical to islam.
here is a picture of him http://politicons.net/breaking-name-of-utoya-shooter-released�-anders-behring-breivik�-photos/

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by 2ndwind

no thats true. It DOES prove though that Brent is an azzhole.

Brent has always been an azzhole Sam. grin

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1minute, 222ND, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 204guy, 1lessdog, 59 invisible), 2,525 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,794
Posts18,516,128
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.