-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If your not man enough to handle big bores then you shouldn't be in the woods... leave your gay cross bows and 30-30's and 243's at home... thats for kids.. .man up, grow some hair on your balls.. get some dick elongation pills if you have to and then you can pretend to be like me.

Last edited by Polska; 06/09/11.

Jeszcze Polska nie zginela kiedy my zyjemy,co nam obca przemoc wziela szabla odbierzemy.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Polska
If your not man enough to handle big bores then you shouldn't be in the woods... leave your gay cross bows and 30-30's and 243's at home... thats for kids.. .man up, grow some hair on your balls.. get some dick elongation pills if you have to and then you can pretend to be like me.

Why am I not surprised at this response...........? crazy grin

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

As if anybody needed more proof of trollship from you. And yet, you deliver...

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by cmg

As if anybody needed more proof of trollship from you. And yet, you deliver...

Professional Troll-like delivery! Change your name to Fed-ex.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

I am 100% against waterboarding. Splatter their brains out the back of their heads.
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Tombo

Yes. He was. It happened last week as a matter of fact!

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Wow

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by whelennut
scenarshooter,
Do you mind sharing what bullet you use in your Swift?
Every time I shoot my Swift I get lots of expansion and I think that would limit penetration on a bear wouldn't it?
Minnesota recently changed the law to allow .22 centerfire on big game. That includes bear and presumably moose although they used to suggest a .280 Remington as a sensible minimum IIRC.
Our bears are a little bashful about coming out in the open unless it is after dark. A flat shooting bear rifle isn't really needed in the woods where we hunt them. We normally bait them and sit in a tree stand. I have heard of guys hunting an oats field and that is where the Swift might work out for me. If they have their head down eating nobody would even know they were there.
Whelennut

You shouldnt even ask until I "man up"....grin!

I've had good luck with 55gr Hornady Spire Points. And the same bullet that Mark killed that stud bear with, the 63gr Sierra.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
What did he weigh? smile wink

Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
[Linked Image]

Here's a Big Sky bruin taken via flight 63 Ugly. Bruin was 178 yds after he began to leave after I had called him in and quartering away. Bullet went in about where his love handle would be and exited where his adams apple would be.

20 3/16"

Dober

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If your not man enough to handle big bores then you shouldn't be in the woods...

uh dude, tis evident most here can handle "big bores" they're still responding to you ain't they

me however I'm bored with your inanity

cya

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tombo
I suspect it has more to do with being repeatedly kicked in the head as an adult...

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Suck bullets simply suck.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Oh, A troll. I see.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
having seen what a angry injured black bear can do to a hunter first hand,i wouldn't push my luck hunting them with a small caliber. i've taken a few with my bow,but i usually carry my glock,just in case.

270 with a 140grn bullet will put them down,but i had a 220lb female get up and run after a 50yd neck shot. second shot in the back of her head worked better.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

I'll bet this fat [bleep] can't do one pullup.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by srwshooter

270 with a 140grn bullet will put them down,but i had a 220lb female get up and run after a 50yd neck shot. second shot in the back of her head worked better.

Must not have been a very good neck shot if it got back up and ran.. Helps if you actually break the spine on those neck shots.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i took the neck shot only because the bear was standing in tall enough grass and heading into the corn field and thats all i had,it was shoot then or not at all. i had crop damage tags in september and was wanting to thin the bear out fast. normally i will not take any neck shot except when its angling back into the body. i've seen lots of deer walk away after being shot thru the neck,like you say if you don't get the spine they may not go down.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
bears in new york must wear bullet proof vests, now im not bear savy like the gentlemen in this post, but ive been around a few (wisconsin bears) which were 450-600lbs, i saw 2 shot with 260 rems, and the last one shot with a 300 RUM. the 260's were bang flops DRT kills and the 300rum was one we got to chase, that was my fault for letting a chicken [bleep] who listend to a moron like polska and thought his 7x57 was enough gun use my toy.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Those 300ROMs don't do well on black bears for midwest fellers. wink

lol...

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
that 300 rum works good for me, but im not recoil shy, ill NEVER let another guy get scared out of using a gun he's comfortable with. Blackies aint hard to kill.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
FWIW, my black bear rifle is a McMillan stocked, M70SA chambered for 358 Win. To my mind it's the perfect round for such hunting.

NRA Benefactor member
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (1941USMC, 219 Wasp, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 1minute, 257robertsimp, 55 invisible), 2,436 guests, and 1,353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,897
Posts18,518,402
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.