[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

============================================================

GB1

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
just noticed i never uploaded most of last years, need to go do that. a few more older ones...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

============================================================

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
I like the one above with its' tongue hanging out.

Cameras certainly are proof positive of what may only pass through a certain spot once.

I run a camera here at home for just the pure value of seeing what is around. I don't hunt here except for an occasional late season antlerless season that we have.

I have neighbors who do hunt around here and we often share photos from game cameras. It is interesting to note how often there will be an unusual animal around - 12-18" straight spikes, or something like my previously mentioned unicorn looking deer, or the whacky looking antlers posted above that some or all of us get a single photo of, but often none of us get more than just a single photo. And these guys run cameras for months on end. Some of our individual sightings may be spaced months apart so its' not like the guy made a single pass that hit everyone's camera.

Good fun stuff, but kinda of the way that I look at it as a hunting tool (I don't, actually) is that if I have chosen to set up a camera (an extremely limited range and coverage device) to get a picture of a deer it is because I have chosen a spot for all of what are obvious reasons to us. Food sources, sign, what have you. I'd be hunting there with or without photographic evidence.

Th

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Making a rub.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1minute
Don't have a deer cam, but the wife gets good pictures.
I titled this one as "I can't see."

She is asking for a trial cam now, as she'd like to know what comes through behind our house at night. That's a pretty cheap way for me to get through next Christmas.

Make sure that it is a trail cam with a REAL good lens!

I'd hate to see any decrement from her wonderful picture quality!

John

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use cheap $50 wildgame units on public land.
I will post more later after I get them uploaded

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
M
M
A few from last year...

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]

This guy is on my wall now!

[img:center][img]http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz60/mrk8066/nontypicalset1051.jpg[/img][/img]

M
M
Here is a cool one of a coon trying to save his buddy that the coyote has got by the head!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is a small pond that in ten days I only took one day picture out of nearly 100.

Here are some pics from that set.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u52/doetail68/255.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u52/doetail68/254.jpg[/img]

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
These are people pictures from a ridge trail.

The wheelchair hunter was in and out fro weeks. He didn't let his handicap stop him from hunting.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This is me

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Coons love a trail-cam

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Duh, I wonder if the trail cam is working?

[Linked Image]

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have one a lot like that. Can't show it now, as the investigation is still n. Been having a lot of trouble with thieves and trespassers, had my trailer broken into, installed an alarm system. Next weekend I let the property about 4 PM, alarm company called around 4:20 or so. Found a smashed window when I returned, but the alarm scared them off. Always figured it was the kids across the road, and they watched me leave that day. Next day I discovered 5 of my 7 game cams were gone. They had been chained and locked to the trees, but a plastic housing doesn't defeat a pry bar. Very next day we found 4 of those 5, in the brush alongside my drive. Figured the crooks tossed them as they were running from the alarm, probably figured to come back and get them later? Thee were all Moultrie's, D-40's, I think, but maybe D-55's. Amazingly, one still had an SD card in it, and was powered up! Had a nice full frontal picture of the punk laying it down, with several other cameras under his other arm! Best game cam pic I've ever gotten, bar none. Boy should be in jail right now, the investigators were going to conference with the DA about charges yesterday before picking him up. Another funny thing, there were 400 pix of limbs blowing overhead as the camera lay on it' back for 2 days, but none of the kid pulling it off the tree, or coming to the point where he dumped it. He evidently turned it off and turned it back on, maybe playing with it?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Texas99
I have one a lot like that. Can't show it now, as the investigation is still n. Been having a lot of trouble with thieves and trespassers, had my trailer broken into, installed an alarm system. Next weekend I let the property about 4 PM, alarm company called around 4:20 or so. Found a smashed window when I returned, but the alarm scared them off. Always figured it was the kids across the road, and they watched me leave that day. Next day I discovered 5 of my 7 game cams were gone. They had been chained and locked to the trees, but a plastic housing doesn't defeat a pry bar. Very next day we found 4 of those 5, in the brush alongside my drive. Figured the crooks tossed them as they were running from the alarm, probably figured to come back and get them later? Thee were all Moultrie's, D-40's, I think, but maybe D-55's. Amazingly, one still had an SD card in it, and was powered up! Had a nice full frontal picture of the punk laying it down, with several other cameras under his other arm! Best game cam pic I've ever gotten, bar none. Boy should be in jail right now, the investigators were going to conference with the DA about charges yesterday before picking him up. Another funny thing, there were 400 pix of limbs blowing overhead as the camera lay on it' back for 2 days, but none of the kid pulling it off the tree, or coming to the point where he dumped it. He evidently turned it off and turned it back on, maybe playing with it?

Cant wait to see that one!

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Hope they nail the piss out of them.

Joseph

Joseph
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here's a few

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The whitetail in the middle pick is 2-1/2 years old. Me thinks he's gonna be a big-un.

"That God could and would, if He were sought."
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
So what's he looking like this year Blowtorch?

Whatever a 7x57 can do a 270 can do better.

True fair chase is you in the woods buttnaked with nothing but your finger nails and teeth.

If you'e fixin' to put a hole in something, make it a hole to remember.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll try to see if I can get some pics from this year. I don't own the place but was lucky enough to get invited by the Owner to hunt there last year. These are his "pet" deer so I'm sure no one has shot them. This is the worst drought we have ever had down here but I don't think it would affect these deer. There is plenty of well produced water on this place.

"That God could and would, if He were sought."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can't seem to top this one from a few years ago!! Probably never will...

[Linked Image]

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

434 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 163bc, 37 invisible), 2,105 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,132
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.