Print Thread
Hop To
Page 704 of 1,842 1 2 702 703 704 705 706 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Wow, sounds like great plans all the way around, be safe everybody. Have fun!

Something clever here.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
if anyone wants to hunt my trophy area put in for a PP now with the state of SD. the area to put in for is unit 27L and to apply for a PP is only 5 bucks.
today is the deadline, sorry for the last minute notice but I didn't know any non res tags were available.

good to hear Joey is doin better, had a heck of a day at work today, I'm ready for a day off.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Can you do it online. How many do you think it'll take. I'll put in, but I can't go this year.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yes you can, through the SD game fish and parks. its relatively easy, you set up an account, don't even need your hunter safety number.
under west river deer opt for a preference point. its 5 bucks.
AND if you apply for the area, they only charge your card if you get drawn, no refund to deal with

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
oh, and fall turkey you can shoot (at the same time) 2 birds, either sex for $85 and you can use a rifle. wink double dip Tom smile

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hi everybody, Mrs. ND checking in.

Thought I'd post a bit of somewhat exciting news. If all of you remember, we took our annual BWCA with a new camera. I think Dave posted some of the pictures from that trip.

Well I thought that one picture would be fun to enter in our local County fair, so I did. It's been over 20 yrs since I've participated in a County fair, and back then it was always chickens, ducks, rabbits, sheep, etc. Nothing quite like photography.

Judging was Monday night, and thanks to Weezie for making sure the picture made it to the fair on time. I had this thing called "work" that kinda got in my way that day. grin Tuesday we went to the fair to see how I did, and to take PWM there before the big surgery on Wednesday.

Not to keep anyone in anymore suspense below is a picture of the ribbon I received:

[Linked Image]

I was simply shocked and surprised since I was only expecting a "participation" ribbon. Now I have a whole year to take more pictures and maybe enter in each group next year, not just in the animal group. I have to say it was so fun entering something in the fair again, brought me right back to when I was a kid. (Actual I acted like a kid when I saw the big ribbon...just ask Weezie) smile

"I'm not crying!!"
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A very hearty CONGRATULATIONS,Pam.That is a great picture.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Very, very cool Pam. Congratulations! It is a beautiful picture and it looks like quite a few others agree.

Nice work.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Indeed, good job mama.

I gotta tell you guys, day 3 after your kids tonsils have been removed is around the time things seem a little rougher for the kid.

God he has me squirming with that nervous desperation that only a parent can have for a child in discomfort.

Poor little guy, I just want to see him back to normal.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Congrats Pam. Great photo. Maybe you can get one of a moma Loon with her babies on her back next year.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Made it to "Deer Fest Wisconsin" at Oshkosh over the weekend. Preety good event lots of vendors and TV personalities. Saw Lee and Tiffany, Michel Waddel, TBone, Nicole Jones and Pat Reeves, Tiffany, and the guys from Inside Outdoor. Did I mention I saw Tiffany? grin

My 3 year old niece had her picture taken with Tiffany and it's supposed to be posted on their web site.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Okay, I (twitch, twitch) am back from (twitch, twitch) camping with the family (twitch, twitch). Nah, just kidding, it was great. The weather threatened us all weekend, but turned out great. Lotsa swimming, boating, a little fishing, eating and bike riding for the kids.

Yesterday was a momentous day for our 7 year old daughter, Lauren. The day started out with 2 training wheels on her bike and about an hour later there was just one. 15 minutes after that they were both gone and we had us a bike rider on our hands! Stopping was the next thing to learn and she picked that up very quickly. Starting...not so fast to get that mastered and a skinned knee was the proof. By mid afternoon, the starting was under control and she is now a bike riding fool! smile

After we got home, the bike had to be taken out almost before we stopped rolling and away she went....only to be pulled over by a policeman.....she was caught.....wearing her pink bike helmet which means she gets a free treat at the Dairy Queen!

Way to go Pam! That is one stunning picture! Hmmm, the state fair is coming up....?

Last edited by Berettaman; 07/25/11.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I love teaching kids to ride bike. The look on their faces when they realize that their "doing it" is priceless.

I didn't get a chance to teach our oldest son. Now 13. When he was 3, he rode his bike with training wheels over to grandpas house and said "gampa I want theesoff."

So grandpa took his training wheels off and he came riding home like a bat out of hell with a huge smile on his face.

Good job on the picture Ma Shaw! Talk about inspiration right off the bat!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'd be hanging out at Nicole jones' table most of the day if I was at that show. For some reason I didn't get a return email on my invitation to come to camp. Pat reeves can stay home though. smile

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Nicole is pretty easy on the eyes. smile

Actualy I figured I more likely find you at T-Bones both swapping BBQ recepies. grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pam I knew you would win something with that picture.

Hope you are feeling better Joe Dog. smile

Well it is official, I got my VIP WeFest tickets!!! Got a good deal on them. Jeremy's step dad does all the spraying out there and that is how he gets paid, with reserved and VIP tickets. Now I just have to find a date. laugh

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Got to work on the '78 F-150 yesterday. Got quite a bit done, it was a good day.

Here is a link to the thread for those of you that want to take a look.

rink

Let me know what y'all think of the color on the hood. It's starting to grow on me. I have it narrowed down to two colors. The hood color and a gray'ish/blue that Ford uses on the newer trucks and SUV's.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hey Muffy,

How YOU doin' ? grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know a single guy who has 165 acres of prime white tail hunting up on little sugarbush lake smile

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
I know a single guy who has 165 acres of prime white tail hunting up on little sugarbush lake smile

Single ya say?

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Page 704 of 1,842 1 2 702 703 704 705 706 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 60 invisible), 2,309 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,384
Posts18,488,634
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.