Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 705 of 1,842 1 2 703 704 705 706 707 1841 1842
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL yup smile

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone
Hey Muffy,

How YOU doin' ? grin

LOL! laugh

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
I know a single guy who has 165 acres of prime white tail hunting up on little sugarbush lake smile

Hunting land? I need hunting land. Details!!! smile

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Weezy and I made a run to the cabin tonight with carlos the 77 F150 pickup, a pair of rimfire rifles and a chainsaw.

We had trees to clear from the cabin trail, we had mud to find for carlos (weezy wants senior pictures with the truck muddy) and we had a little shooting competition to get out of the way. A bit of a dispute as to who might be handier with an open sight .22 LR. The OLD marine or the blond whipper snapper. grin

Cutt'n a down tree on the trail.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Our bold chariot.

[Linked Image]

10 rounds each per session.

The pink ruger and the blondie.

[Linked Image]

Hmm, unharmed can at 35 yds.

[Linked Image]

The OLD marine and the nylon 66.

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/IMG_1300.jpg[/img]

Hmm... one big hole. (the old man can shoot... grin )

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/IMG_1304.jpg[/img]

Rematch, focus this time...

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
10 more rounds for spunky and the pink rifle..

[Linked Image]

One hole??

[Linked Image]

(I think she was shooting high the whole time, we'll fix that)

Then the old man again with the nylon 66.

9 shots this time for me and we are out of truck glove box ammo.

[Linked Image]

I aimed higher on the can (35 yds) for the 2nd session since my can had such a huge void in it aleady from the first session grin

[Linked Image]

And this picture captures the 3 main elements of the evening. Mud, old truck, 22 shells and mosquitoes.

[Linked Image]

We did find some blue berries but I'm not very excited about it, I dont think it's going to be a good year.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If I were Weezy, I'd definatly use this opportunity to aquire another rifle. Nothing wrong with the pink one but one can never have enough.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by White_Bear
If I were Weezy, I'd definatly use this opportunity to aquire another rifle. Nothing wrong with the pink one but one can never have enough.

Maybe that would be a good graduation gift from you White Bear?

Wonder if she'll take a senior picture with her gun? grin A girl, her gun, her mustang and dad's old truck...hmmm. Sounds like a good bunch of pictures to be taken this weekend.

"I'm not crying!!"
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
You mean you are supposed to have excuses or reasons to buy new guns??

Shoot, I been doing it wrong all these years grin

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I know that kid can shoot, next time out we'll shoot paper so we can see where she's hitting. I'm betting she's hitting high.

Pam, a picture of a gun in a public school year book?

What an awesome idea! grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Saw those pics on the gopher thread...pretty sweet Nylon 66 laugh

The pink Ruger is a given in any household with a girl nowadays... wink

And you found a use for Busch lite!

I always wondered what people did with that ....... its a target! grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
They make damn fine targets. And I use the stuff inside the cans for beer brats and beer cheese soup. grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
That makes perfect sense to me....now..... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Man the blueberries are thick over on this side...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I know that kid can shoot, next time out we'll shoot paper so we can see where she's hitting. I'm betting she's hitting high.

Pam, a picture of a gun in a public school year book?

What an awesome idea! grin

I had my senior pictures taken with my Rem 870. It was the only way I was doing it. The picture taker guy wasn't really on board with it. My mom told him that was the only way I'm getting my pictures, if he doesn't do it, he doesn't get to take any others either.

I was a redneck punk in a Duluth school full of...well I think we know what it was full of. grin

So I vote for Weezy and her gun.

Last edited by tzone; 07/27/11.

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Damn!

I dunno if frost got ours while the plants were in bloom or what>

Blueberries in the forest can be like waves in the ocean, sometimes they aren't in the same spot so you have to search around to find them.

That's the nice thing about the forest though, the varried terrain and timber cover offers so many combinations in elevation, ground moisture and sun exposure. Usually there is a sweet spot in the countless combinations that works best for a given year.

Sometimes you have to look for elevations that may have escaped a frost that killed most berry plant flowers before they could fruit. Sometimes it's just a moisture issue and you have to look in lower (wetter) areas, sometimes shade, sometimes open and direct sunlight is the ticket.

There is usually a combination that works. The plants themselves cover a great deal of area in the forest so last years dud plants might be this year's bumper crop plants.

That's my story and I'm stickin too it. grin

(maybe I just like trail riding and hunting for them)

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I looked in a lot of places, and agree with you (I think) laffin...

They are very thick south of 2 this year, but not a lot north of 2 up in the barrons where they are usually pretty good..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Damn!

I dunno if frost got ours while the plants were in bloom or what>

Blueberries in the forest can be like waves in the ocean, sometimes they aren't in the same spot so you have to search around to find them.

That's the nice thing about the forest though, the varried terrain and timber cover offers so many combinations in elevation, ground moisture and sun exposure. Usually there is a sweet spot in the countless combinations that works best for a given year.

Sometimes you have to look for elevations that may have escaped a frost that killed most berry plant flowers before they could fruit. Sometimes it's just a moisture issue and you have to look in lower (wetter) areas, sometimes shade, sometimes open and direct sunlight is the ticket.

There is usually a combination that works. The plants themselves cover a great deal of area in the forest so last years dud plants might be this year's bumper crop plants.

That's my story and I'm stickin too it. grin

(maybe I just like trail riding and hunting for them)

You got any black bears around there ?? Quiet , shadows that leave very soft trails to follow ( most of the time ) but they know where the berries are . Closest I ever walked up to one was about 20' away from a blueberry bush. Bear stood up and stared at me and I froze in place staring back. after several hours ( seconds , but it seemed like hours ) the bear decided it had enough berries and bounded away as oly a bear can do , outta sight in a bound and a half and sounded like a tree falling for the next 5 seconds as it made haste away from a lil kid about maybe the tonsilectomy kids size . My heart and breathing soon started back up , and I grabbed a few handfulls of berries and walked very quickly ,right back to the saftey of mom and dad back at camp. smile

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Almost forgot , I've been using my nylon 77 again this year , amazing how after 40 years it just plain out shoots great !!!
Ya put that girl on paper , she'll get dialed in and then you both will be having a blast trying to figure out just how many holes are in that can that looks like some one shot a 12 ga slug thru it cool

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Doggone fine pictures,Dave.
Speaking of shooting I did my usual Wednesday early in the morning before it gets hot trip to the gun club.I was there at daylight.For the first time since joining last year I decided to try the 200 yard range with both my AR and the new to me .17HMR Savage.Five shots with the ar were in about a 3 inch group just right of the bull.Mostest accurate rifle I have ever owned.
The .17 Savage will group right in the bull at 100 yards but at 200 yards it is about 5 inches low.I ain't changing nothing cause 100 yards or less is where I usually shoot.I must say that these two rifles which I have only obtained this year have quickly gained a spot for themselves.
Tom,your truck will be a work in progress which I will follow with great interest.Keep reports coming.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Muffy
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
I know a single guy who has 165 acres of prime white tail hunting up on little sugarbush lake smile

Hunting land? I need hunting land. Details!!! smile

Going to look at a farm to bow hunt in a little bit. 160acres. The owner...single. Might not be your style though, she's a chick. grin One of the office engineers I work with.Oh yeah, she's 24. grin Eat your heart out Rooster. grin

Hint, hint Ryan.

Camp is where you make it.
Page 705 of 1,842 1 2 703 704 705 706 707 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 61 invisible), 2,286 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,384
Posts18,488,634
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.