Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
just got an email from a friend's son who is staffer for one for one of the GOP committee chairs.... indicating that he thinks Boehner has the votes to pass the rewritten bill and that they are going to send it to the Senate to call Reid�s bluff. He says they think Reid will try to tweak it a bit to make it look like it was �bipartisan� and then pass it. Then Nobama, who threatened to veto it, will cave, like the little girl he is.

not real thrilled with the bill.....the only serious budget reform is big cuts now to this year's budget, because anything else is just smoke and mirrors. but tactically, it will be a defeat for Obama and until we're rid of him, and the detestable Harry Reid no longer controls the Senate, it's probably about the best that can be done. having so many states, and voters, who are idiots is a real handicap.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks for the update Steve. I just hope we all realize that in my opinion we cannot possibly hold to a perfect Bill given the current makeup of the process. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Thanks for the update Steve. I just hope we all realize that in my opinion we cannot possibly hold to a perfect Bill given the current makeup of the process. jorge

+1

Carpe' Scrotum
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I was wanting to see the GOP stand firm and stick to Cut Cap and Balance. Then I started hearing from people around here that are preparing to pull all their money out of the banks if a deal is not reached. I dismissed any idea of a panic until now. More people are paying attention to what is going on than Obama thinks.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Maybe Obama will veto the bill, and then the House and Senate will override and take him out of the race in 2012. I think most dems want him gone because they know he can't win.

If they can castarate him now there is time for a Dem with a chance of winning to get the ball rolling. Obama could be under the bus by next week.

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
If it doesn't extend the debt limit to beyond 2012, I expect Obama to veto it. We don't need to deal with this every day of our lives. And, if this becomes law, the Repubs will pull the same sh*t next time around. We need to break the back of the Tea Tards NOW!

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dunno, but I was thinking that's the way to bet for about a week now. But then I'm pizzed at making an issue over raising the debt ceiling, I have to actually pay my bills too. Budget stuff belongs in the budget process, makes more sense, fiscally and politically, to load it on a CR if the other side won't play.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Paddler
Murmlemurmle buzzwhinebuzzwhine murmlemurmlemurmle...

There's that dang mosquito again...

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
For the life of me I can not understand why it is so hard for those folks to CUT some of the crap out of the budget.
If you or I had less money coming in than going out we would cut back.
They need to have their ass whooped.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The only ones needing broken backs are the likes of you and the rest of the traitors who elected a marxist, hell bent on destroying the American Way Of Life..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Paddler, he ain't going to veto [bleep]. He'd been backed into a corner of his own making by not having his own plan. He's a dolt, but he knows when he's trapped.

Carpe' Scrotum
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
just got an email from a friend's son who is staffer for one for one of the GOP committee chairs.... indicating that he thinks Boehner has the votes to pass the rewritten bill and that they are going to send it to the Senate to call Reid�s bluff. He says they think Reid will try to tweak it a bit to make it look like it was �bipartisan� and then pass it. Then Nobama, who threatened to veto it, will cave, like the little girl he is.

not real thrilled with the bill.....the only serious budget reform is big cuts now to this year's budget, because anything else is just smoke and mirrors.
'Big cuts'?? HAH.. That's going to be exposed as total BS - you just watch.. 'Big cuts' in gov-speak just means slightly (and I MEAN slightly) reduced growth.. So, instead of a 7-9% expansion, it may be only 6-8% expansion.. To idjits like Reid, those are 'draconian'.. mad
but tactically, it will be a defeat for Obama and until we're rid of him, and the detestable Harry Reid no longer controls the Senate, it's probably about the best that can be done..
IMHO, no.. We can do better - by far.. Slash gov't spending by 20%, pass the bill and send it to the Magic Dick for his veto.. Then it'll be HIS FAULT the country goes bankrupt.. But none of the old-guard elitists in DC have the cajones to try..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by amax155
I was wanting to see the GOP stand firm and stick to Cut Cap and Balance. Then I started hearing from people around here that are preparing to pull all their money out of the banks if a deal is not reached. I dismissed any idea of a panic until now. More people are paying attention to what is going on than Obama thinks.

Why would you want to pull all of your money out of the banks? The one great thing about nothing getting passed and our credit being downgraded is rising interest rates. Maybe we could get back to a historically normal interest rate and see some decent return on savings again.

I could even see an uptick in the U.S. bond market if our credit got downgraded because U.S. bonds would be offering better interest rates and return than others.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Paddler
If it doesn't extend the debt limit to beyond 2012, I expect Obama to veto it. We don't need to deal with this every day of our lives. And, if this becomes law, the Repubs will pull the same sh*t next time around. We need to break the back of the Tea Tards NOW!

DFTFT.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Too late

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"the only serious budget reform is big cuts now to this year's budget"

Steve, you previously mentioned the "one time" bailouts, etc that have now become a permanent part of the budget. I've questioned that too and I've said this before. They're decreasing the proposed increases and voila, budget cut.

It's all smoke and mirrors.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by fish head

Yep. frown

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

not real thrilled with the bill.....the only serious budget reform is big cuts now to this year's budget, because anything else is just smoke and mirrors. but tactically, it will be a defeat for Obama and until we're rid of him, and the detestable Harry Reid no longer controls the Senate, it's probably about the best that can be done. having so many states, and voters, who are idiots is a real handicap.

I hope he is right

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not thrilled whatsoever about this bill. They need to reject it and go with something real like the Rand Paul and Connie Mack proposal. Anything else is worthless imo. The talk about averting a crisis (as usual). All there doing with this is postponing the crisis. No solution here at all for me.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fish head
"the only serious budget reform is big cuts now to this year's budget"

Steve, you previously mentioned the "one time" bailouts, etc that have now become a permanent part of the budget. I've questioned that too and I've said this before. They're decreasing the proposed increases and voila, budget cut.

Yep, at the end of the day, there ZERO cuts to spending in either bill.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (12344mag, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 007FJ, 60 invisible), 1,745 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,122
Posts18,522,927
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.