Hop To
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Redneck;

Exactly.

BOTH parties have crippled this once-great nation, and deserve to be eliminated like the back-biting, theiving, manged yellow dogs that they are.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
you're not paying attention, neck.....BTW that second paragraph was me talking, not my source.

big cuts to current budgets are what we need....not what this deal does. this is at best a little wrist slap to the tax'n'spenders, but when you don't own the white house or the senate you don't have the power to force your view. best result is a tactical victory, implanting the idea in the public mind that the GOP will cut this crap given the chance and the democrats are for more of the same. that message carried through 2012 will get us the senate and the white house.

BTW, I really like Connie Macks plan....simple, the numbers work, no smoke and mirrors. IMHO that, or something like it, is what all Republicans should get behind as the 2012 mantra.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
EXACTLY! I mean how hard is it to COMPREHEND that one part of one part of the government cannot dictate to the two parts that don't??? I mean this is like a GEICO commercial.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
These fools are playing with dynamite. MOF that is too easy of a term. You have a group of individuals who are actively trying to place a blowtorch in an open vat of dynamite.

~sigh~

One good thing will come out of this at least. We can dispense with all of the pretext and guerrilla tactics of the ongoing class war. The last few years have kind of laid the corruption and fraud of our current economic system bare, this debate is serving to do the same for the motivations of our political economy. In the long run it is inevitable that we will address the underlying problems in this nation or descend into 3rd world status. I just never thought it would play out in this manner.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And as far as this talk about "we can't make it happen with the make up of congress", there's one simple solution to that. We won a landslide victory last year in the House. We control the House. Don't send the man ANY bill that is not a smaller budget than this year- period. In the House, vote down ANY other bill. Give the man NO choice whatsoever in the discussion. And if no bill passes that is an actual budget reduction, start implementing mandatory shutdowns of entire departments of the government in order to pay the bills that must be paid to avoid a default. Take the crisis away from them. Pay the debt interest, pay the SS checks, pay the military first. Then send about half the govt employees home without pay until they are serious about this.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
big cuts to current budgets are what we need....

Curious as to which is the case, three trillion in short term cuts needed to avoid the down grade, or the down grade was a political ploy (kinda like threatening seniors).

I have my hunch, since no bill offered the required cuts.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
OP;

That would require .gov to NOT be in it solely for .gov, and for the (R)s to simply NOT be the other head of the same snake as the (D)s.

No chance in Hell of that happening.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Steve, not too very long ago, Team (R) owned the House, the Senate, and the White House.

And, the spent like frat kids on Bourbon Street during Mardi Gras.

They did nothing except make the debt problem, entitlements, and spending WORSE.

The "trust us, we won't do it again" schtick is WAY past old at this point.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The way I hear Paul Ryan describe it, the "moderate" R's in the House have threatened to vote with the D's to pass something similar to the Reid Bill if the Tea Party R's push for "draconian" cuts.

Face it, we're F'd. We will get to deal with this yet again, with the market dictating the terms. With very few exceptions the entire DC structure is a city full of clowns. Dangerous clowns, but clowns none the less.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
VA, here's my biggest beef on this. We currently have the biggest, bloated, out of control budget in the history of the country. Obama has raised the budget by around 30% in a little over two years. The EPA's budget along has grown by over 100% in two years. And we cannot even stand firm and demand they agree to a lower budget than this one??? WTF. If this was the 2008 budget, I could see them arguing over cuts, but it isn't. We are light years over that budget under one man. This is total insanity. Imagine going to the car dealer and expecting the normal sticker shock when you see the retail price. But when you get there, the dealer added 2k on top of full retail. That's the budget we have. [bleep], we can't even get the friggin dealer down to full retail? All this crisis talk is crap. Just like they did for TARP, just like they did for Fanny Mae, just like they did for GM, just like they did for Obama Care, just like they are doing right now. I say reject any bill that is not a smaller budget than THIS year (ie an actual drop in the budget). If he doesn't sign it, HE can explain to the people why he cannot cut spending by a single dime.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Tea Party folks are the only ones there who are serious about fixing the nation and they are draconian. We are in a serious pile of schit here guys.

MOLON LABE
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Steve, not too very long ago, Team (R) owned the House, the Senate, and the White House.

They did nothing except make the debt problem, entitlements, and spending WORSE.

you say that as if you think you're imparting new information. the tea party and Obama's three trillion plus deficits have changed the landscape, and the GOP is going to have to run....and did run successfully in 2010....as the party of cutting spending.

if they don't, there will be a third party that will, and Obama and the democrats will be safe for a generation.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Hell, "W"'s budgets were complete insanity, like an addict getting free run at their drug of choice.

Where we are now is in overdose mode, and NEITHER party wants to cut off their "fix".

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Steve;

I "thought" that Team (R) 'always' ran as the party of fiscal responsibility?

Or, is that simply since they no longer hold majorities in all branches of .gov?

Res ipsa loquitur, no?

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

Finally you say something that makes sense. Bush got us into this mess, and we need to reverse his strategies of failure. End the tax cuts for the wealthy, the oil company subsidies, close the tax loopholes, get us out of the Missle East rabbit hole (some would say "[bleep]"), revamp Medicare and Medicaid, with special attention to fraud and abuse, cut military spending, etc, as a good start.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Never lose sight of the strategic situation. Pass this and you back Obama up against a wall. Kill ,arguing for a better bill that will never happen and the blame will go solely on the GOP.

You will then inch closer to giving the reins completely back to the Dem's in 2012.

I think Steve's analysis is the correct one given the circumstances.

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Like I said, it WILL be resolved, but it will be by market forces, and it will be very painful. The market will force a decrease of at least 12% GDP, or whatever amount that we need to borrow. If the Fed begins another round of QE to make up the market shortfall, that will trigger the loss of confidence and accelerate the decline in the FRN$ to its intrinsic value as a source for heat.

Like I said, we're F'd. We're going to get a downgrade no matter what type of bill is passed, unless it contains at least $4 Trillion in real cuts, not baseline budgetary smoke and mirrors.

The government fiddles while Rome burns.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
you say that as if you think you're imparting new information. the tea party and Obama's three trillion plus deficits have changed the landscape, and the GOP is going to have to run....and did run successfully in 2010....as the party of cutting spending.

I agree with you on that thought Steve. But this is the last chance before the next election to PROVE to the people that they are going to demand what you say. Neither Reid's or Boehner's bill does anything but prove neither party is willing to do that. So when election time comes around, why would the voters look at this record and believe what you said? Why would they vote to send more Rs in DC? We won a landslide last year because we wanted to send people like the Tea Party guys to do exactly what they are doing. Now we are willing to let the establishment losers throw those same people under the bus. This is depressing, especially on this damned Fire fat boy diet mad

MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
wanna sell me on the crisis.....end congressional post term benefits and retirements. they are afterall elected servants of the country right?.....so why are we keeping them on the kings welfare forever. collect a fair wage while working and then hit the skids. when I see that, then I know we are close to total dissolvement.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (270wsmnutt, 2ndwind, 10gaugeman, 222Sako, 2UP, 270cowboy, 51 invisible), 1,762 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,152
Posts18,523,380
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.