Print Thread
Hop To
L
LT_DAN Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
as i was surfing the hunting net i realized a topic previously not acknowledge to the rest of the world. did you know that through out the credit crunch all banks in the world came under pressure except the S-African banks. thanks to the policy of the SA reserve banks and its members no SA banks were even remotely involved in any form of debt negotiations. not only did all SA banks survive the credit crunch, but they emerged the better for it. at the moment you can invest your money at a fixed of shore guarantee in SA for annual revenue of at least 7%. thus the reason for the local boom.

alls well that ends well. the problem with Africa at its best is that it will always disappoint the least of the west's expectations. and more importantly it will disappoint the best of Africa's own expectations.

if the youth is waisted on the young then Africa is waisted on the African's.,

in the end it is: Animal Farm all over again!!!!

so sad!!!!

I might hunt too much, but it is still not enough!
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That's not the half of it..... Check out the last lot of changes and the new proposed changes to the immigration act.

They're doing everything they possibly can to make it virtually impossible for relatively wealthy white immigrants/investors to get involved in the country whilst at the same time making it ever easier for people from Zim & Moz etc with no money, no education, no jobs and no visible means of support to walk through the park & get automatic permanent residency.

Have you swept the visioned valley with the green stream streaking though it?
Searched the vastness for a something you have lost?
Have you strung your soul to silence? Then for God's sake go and do it
Hear the challenge, learn the lesson, pay the cost
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Shakari
....with no money, no education, no jobs and no visible means of support to walk through the park & get automatic permanent residency.

It seems they may be following our immigration policy here in the USA... wink

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
whilst at the same time making it ever easier for people from Zim & Moz etc with no money, no education, no jobs and no visible means of support to walk through the park & get automatic permanent residency.

except for the ones the lions get.....

L
LT_DAN Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
in my anger and frustration i forgot to mention: if you have always paid a deposit when you return home for the next years hunt, you may continue to do so. if this is how you have done it in the past i see no reason(bank policy changes) for you to discontinue this practice.

Last edited by LT_DAN; 08/01/11.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LT_DAN
as i was surfing the hunting net i realized a topic previously not acknowledge to the rest of the world. did you know that through out the credit crunch all banks in the world came under pressure except the S-African banks. thanks to the policy of the SA reserve banks and its members no SA banks were even remotely involved in any form of debt negotiations. not only did all SA banks survive the credit crunch, but they emerged the better for it. at the moment you can invest your money at a fixed of shore guarantee in SA for annual revenue of at least 7%. thus the reason for the local boom.

alls well that ends well. the problem with Africa at its best is that it will always disappoint the least of the west's expectations. and more importantly it will disappoint the best of Africa's own expectations.

if the youth is waisted on the young then Africa is waisted on the African's.,

in the end it is: Animal Farm all over again!!!!

so sad!!!!

There were actually several countries with no Banks that needed to be rescued. Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, India...

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly gun.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
ABSA is owned by Barclay's which is one of the big losers in the UK...FWIW.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly gun.
L
LT_DAN Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
the real question i had to answer was that your deposit will be safe in SA Banks, if this is how you have done it before and more important if you have faith in your outfitter, there is nothing new terms of banks or bank policy in SA that would justify not to continue with this. you may continue do do so and please continue to come and hunt.

Last edited by LT_DAN; 08/03/11.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by martinbns
ABSA is owned by Barclay's which is one of the big losers in the UK...FWIW.

That news cheers me up no end. (IMO) Barclays are amongst the least ethical banks in the world and amongst other things, sponsors Mugabe to the tune of something in the region of US$100M each and every year for no apparent reason or return.

Norman Lamb MP has even raised the matter in the House of Commons on several occasions but has never been able to get anything near to an answer as to why they do it.

You can find further proof of their behaviour by doing a Google on something like Barclays and Mugabe.

Barclays also appear to conduct anti hunting policies and they tried to tuck me up some years ago when they found out I ran a hunting company. I'm glad to say that with the help of a few friends, I was able to turn the tables on them and get a full apology etc.

Last edited by Shakari; 08/04/11.

L
LT_DAN Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L

Barclays also appear to conduct anti hunting policies and they tried to tuck me up some years ago when they found out I ran a hunting company. I'm glad to say that with the help of a few friends, I was able to turn the tables on them and get a full apology etc.

Bliksems!! good one for the apology!!!

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It was satisfying to get the apology but considerably more satisfying to get the etc I mentioned! smile

Mind you, I only got anything done after my friends and I had managed to get the matter raised to board level and I started that process by writing a press release ans plastering it all over the internet, hunting forums and other media.

Try doing a Google on the words hunting company & barclays bank and you'll find full story.

I have nothing but disgust for banks and that especially applies to barclays.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

152 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 300_savage, 257robertsimp, 338reddog, 1minute, 16 invisible), 2,036 guests, and 1,002 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,551
Posts18,510,390
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.