Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Have you guys seen this? I stopped by my local gun shop and he was talking to me about a slide fire stock that makes your AR "mimic" that of a full auto gun, when in all purposes uses the recoil of the AR to get your finger to pull the trigger again, but really fast, otherwise knows as "bump fire".

I thought I would see what you guys say about it, or if one of you owns one, your thoughts.

I see them online in the $349 area.

thanks,

joe

Providing digital marketing services for startups & small-to-midsize companies - including website design/hosting, videography and editing.

www.jolinmedia.com
GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I had a chance to play with a friends'. I couldn't get it to work but I'm a class A klutz and a slow learner. His son could make it talk. I also couldn't figure out how to make it work in the prone so it just seemed to be a toy to me. Effective automatic fire is bipod supported and belt (or LARGE magazine) fed.

I should add, it's a PILE of money for what it is.

Last edited by Take_a_knee; 07/25/11.
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
My honest opinion, it's the stupidest thing I've heard of.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some guy just figured out how to make a gun 'bump-fire' off the shoulder, instead of reaching thru and grabbing the belt loop.

If you hold the pistol grip too tight, it will not work.

I guess it is legal, but it really skirts the edge of what is legal, IMHO. Also, as the entire gun moves, you can forget about accuracy at distance (not that any full auto gun had it to start)

It is a gimmick and an expensive one. Handy if you wanna play Rambo and burn ammo, ussless for much else. yes, I played with a bud's, grinned and handed it back, and have not wanted for one since.

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by TWR

But I wish I was the guy who thought of it...

IC B2

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Originally Posted by TWR

I was thinking it's the second stupidist...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3y2Cp0pKwA

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I stand corrected.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ok, You want a HONEST Opinion??? First off I'm no expert, I'm just a fat Texas Redneck & a Aggie & damned proud of it! So y'all make all the jokes y'all want, but... I have always owned some type of AR-15 for the past 35 years & this is the best $369 bucks I ever spent!!! I bought the first one I could get my hands on & mounted it on my Bushmaster M-4 Carbon Carbine.
Which, BTW, most AR guys claim are junk because of the Carbon Upper & Lower. The Slidefire Solutions Stock works Flawlessly every time I pull the trigger! It took me 1 30 rd mag to figure it out, & I am not the most coordinated guy in the world, either. Anyhow, all my buddies I let try it have bought one & love it! And while it's true that it is hard to hit the target with, I can keep it on a paper plate at 25 yards using my LazerMax Pistol grip or my Insight Tech M-6 Lazer/Light combo. That is empting the whole mag all at once with a 20 round mag & SS109 62gr Federal Military Ammo. I do much better on hitting the target by doing 3 or 4 round bursts. And, again, it works Every Time. If I want Accuracy, I'll get out my Les Baer Super Varmint AR-15. I bought the Bushmaster to leave on my 4-wheeler at our Ranch in N. Texas for Hogs & Coyote's. So it's my beater AR. I mounted the Slide Fire stock on it & thru lots of bumps & bruises, it still works EVERY Time! I have friends that have Class III M-16's & when they tried it, they said that the rate of fire is the same as the real deal. I totally agree, because I have fired their M-16's.
Anyhow, if you just want to have fun & burn up tons of ammo, it's worth every penny in my opinion. I have probably put 15 or 20 mags down range & have never had a jam or hick-up. It also works real well on hogs when I have a group of 20 or 30 under my feeder at my bow blind. You can see up to 50 or 60 hogs in our wheat fields on any given day. And while they don't all drop immediatly, they all run off & die. Which keeps them from chasing my deer off that I feed & take pictures of.
And Again, it's loads of fun!!! Anyone here in Texas will verify how bad our hog situation is & that's no bull. Lot's of the big ranches here in Texas are hiring Helicopter Pilots with a couple of M-16 shooters to control hog populations & Texas Parks & Wildlife has approved it is lawfull for land owners to do so. That's how bad it is. They destoy fences, crops, Quail & Turkey populations, & any type of Landscaping.
So if you just want to have fun, Buy One! I will agree with the other guy that said it is no more or less accurate than a M-16 on Full Auto. Hope this was helpfull, because I was very leary about buying one, too.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Boys and toys... took me about a few times with a full auto to understand they are fun, but past about 100 rounds, it gets old fast to waste ammo and basically not be accurate.

Plus what are you going to do with it really? Kinda like owning a race car in some ways, cool and all but about worthless unless you race.

As to hogs... I can ding more hogs semi auto with aimed fire or with buckshot than a full auto burst... by far.. we tried that a few times in the hill country thats infested with hogs.

But for just burning ammo and pure fun, looks like its an ok deal. Personally if I had the desire again I'd buy a legal NFA one and roll on.

Seems like we are mostly on the same page!

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You are absolutely right & I totally agree. It's really just a cool boy toy. I have killed a lot more hogs with my M-1 Garrand, which Gen.Patton dubbed "The greatest battle Implement ever invented" or my old Remington Semi-auto in .280 Rem. caliber. Mostly shoot them with my bow & pistols now, to make it a little more of a challenge. 10mm Glock or S&W .41mag puts them down every time.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kletzenklueffer
Originally Posted by TWR

I was thinking it's the second stupidist...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3y2Cp0pKwA

But this guy's is way cheaper!

Alan

Food is at the core of Hunting and Fishing - Rebecca Gray

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep, guess I got raped on the price by my local dealer...
I love your "Impeach the Kenyan"! That would be a way cool bumper sricker! Of course you & I don't live in Liberal,TX as I call Austin... I'm in north central Texas, in the Aspermont area. Nothin here but hogs,deer,snakes, & cattle!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I just received my Slide Fire stock today. Mounted it on a S&W M&P15A, which took about 5 minutes to do. On my first try I fired a full magazine at the apparent cyclic rate of an M-16. Controlability was comparable to an M-16.

It is not a necessary thing, but it is a fun thing, and I've spent more money on other foolish things that didn't end up making me smile like this one does.

It does what they say it does. Only you can decide if it's worth the price.

Last edited by wildhobbybobby; 08/01/11.

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I never said it was a bathing...just a thing. back int he day, I once took a BMF Activator and connected it to a small electric motor from a toy, the batteries attached via a wire to my belt, switch in between. Fired about about 500rpm, I guess. so I am not knocking it in any way...I just don't really want it.

My .02/IMHO..............

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep, Kinda like women... Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
I feel like I got my money's worth, & I didn't have to spend $12K on a NFA M-16. I'm having a gunsmith build me a SBR Class III AR with a 10" bbl for fun. It ought to be a flame thrower with the Slide Fire Stock !!! Can use it to burn Prickly Pear or Cactus for our cattle to eat here in N. Texas. wink

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sounds like fun! I can not get the Slidefire to work on my AR .22, but they are supposed to be working on one now. At least it would be afforable to shoot in .22lr

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I just don't know why I do not and could never see the utility in shooting 30 bullets at something when one would do the job. Maybe the word "rifleman" conjures up some neanderthal image in my mind regards, maturity, sportsmanship, dependability, and determination.

Cooper summed it up "you cannot miss fast enough to win". So carry on and let me know when you "bug out" to the "mountains"

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"you cannot miss fast enough to win".

grin So true.

Something in me on a purly juvenile level likes this product but I think the fun would wear off in an afternoon. It would be hard to get $350 worth of fun out of it. I had an AK-47 that I learned how to bump fire pretty well. After I mastered the technique the fun wore off and I stopped doing it. I suppose fun is where you find it though.

Terry

R
R
From another Texan, yep, I got one because it looked like it would work pretty good. It works great. Put it on my 9mm AR and I have excellent control, probably much better than on a 223 which I haven't tried yet. Expensive and silly toy? Sure, but then I've spent most of my money on wine, women, and guns, and the rest I've just wasted.

I am also a helicopter pilot and would love to take one of these out for an afternoon of hog chasin'. Besides, ammo is the cheapest thing about shooting so I'm all for turning money into noise.

Do I need one? At this point in life, it's not about what I need, it's about what I want. So go on, chlinstructor, have some fun.

BTW, I used to fly around Aspermont when I was working out of Abilene.

The world is a dangerous place. Not because of the evil people in it but because of those who won't do anything about them.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You make 2 excellent points !!! First, it IS exactly about what I WANT & not what i need.... AND I spent all my money & wasted youth on Tequila, women, & guns... And Tequila will mke you spend money even on ugly women!!! LOL. If you ever get back to N. Texas, give me a shout & we will go do some hog shootin'

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

188 members (79S, 673, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 6mmCreedmoor, 27 invisible), 2,297 guests, and 1,128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,323
Posts18,526,430
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.