Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#5497455 08/07/11
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
I've seen him several times on Outdoor Channel, and I must say, in my opinion, he is an a$$hole. Not only does he talk like a retard, he is a smarta$$, comments are not exactly what most consider correct.....

He should give up, IMO.

GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
On the other hand, I like him because he is not afraid to say what he thinks. Yes he has an odd sense of humor, but then so do I.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I liek to learn other's opinions and I get it from him.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like Petzal. Makes me laugh and I enjoy watching and reading his stuff.

JM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My friend Dave is a good guy.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I met and talked to Dave a few times at the SHOT.

He came across as a really good guy who is smart as hell and extremely funny. I'm sure he is somewhat of a smarta$$, but then so am I so I can hardly fault him for that. Plus he is a fellow left-hander.

He seems to take his work very seriously but does not take either himself, or some of his over-wrought readers that way.

Good for him.

Steve

W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
To each his own. I guess my point is, some people are better suited to keep to writing, and not live broadcasts.

When you are arrogant enough to fault a gun for not grouping well, when you're shooting off the hood of a vehicle and it's no fault of your own, I have a problem.

I've only recently caught the show he's on, the others on the show do a fine job.

I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
I enjoy watching him on TV. He certainly is exacting in his opinions and isn't scared about stating them, but those opinions seem to agree with most of mine. So he must be a good guy! I think he is a welcome break from most of the other 'TV Guys.' I also appreciate the fact he features traditional bolt-action rifles, rather than all the semi-auto 'modern sporting rifle' stuff the other shows seem to be infatuated with.

I do, though, get your point about the shooting off the hood stuff. Hopefully, most of his judgements come from more thorough testing off the bench.

Last edited by InTheWoods; 08/07/11.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Petzal is intelligent,which is a refreshing break in outdoor TV.

He sure beats the hell out of another "ho-hum" bowhunt with camo clad busty chicks hunting unpressured mid-western bucks raised on food plots.....

If I have to sit through another Real Tree episode and listen to the incessant babble, I'm gonna throw up....

I'll take Petzal....

Last edited by BobinNH; 08/07/11.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Petzal is far better than those "Boner Collector" jackoffs.....

The view one sees is his own
Practitioner of the ancient art of skank fu
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by WayneShaw
I've seen him several times on Outdoor Channel, and I must say, in my opinion, he is an a$$hole. Not only does he talk like a retard, he is a smarta$$, comments are not exactly what most consider correct.....

He should give up, IMO.

Wayne-

Dave Petzal is one of the most experienced and knowledgeable gun writers to ever pick up a pen- especially with regards to hunting rifles.

He also has a great sense of humor and is entitled to opinions the same as any other free thinking American.

Sorry you don't agree.

As to his screen persona. The man is a writer, not a used car salesman. At least the man speaks in complete sentences with a full command of the English language unlike the Camo-clad Southern hillbillies who populate most cable hunting shows.

Last edited by jim62; 08/07/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by podunkkennels
Petzal is far better than those "Boner Collector" jackoffs.....

Agreed.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I just can't see the glory in shooting deer others have scouted and 'raised'.... then making out like you're friggin JOC...

The view one sees is his own
Practitioner of the ancient art of skank fu
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I like him on the show.

W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
"Your comments are amusing considering you likely would not make a pimple on Dave Petzal's azz."

I will wager, I have shot thousands more rounds through a rifle than he has. When everyone like him is writing about the newest "Remchester" that comes along, I shoot fully custom rifles made with the finest actions/barrels/components money can buy. I compete regularly and have done so for close to 20 years. I think I have learned a thing or two along the way.

I never criticized his knowledge, only his delivery and arrogance. Which it sounds like you share, Jim62.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by WayneShaw
"Your comments are amusing considering you likely would not make a pimple on Dave Petzal's azz."

I will wager, I have shot thousands more rounds through a rifle than he has. When everyone like him is writing about the newest "Remchester" that comes along, I shoot fully custom rifles made with the finest actions/barrels/components money can buy. I compete regularly and have done so for close to 20 years. I think I have learned a thing or two along the way.

I never criticized his knowledge, only his delivery and arrogance. Which it sounds like you share, Jim62.

Well Wayne, I deleted that comment about 10 minutes ago because I thought is was rather harsh. I can see that I was wrong.

You seem to have enough arrogance for everyone. Your incredibly petty comments about Petzal's efforts pretty much shows that.

As far as you having more experience rifles than Petzal does- I sincerely doubt that- no matter what your ego tells you.

Petzal has sold more fine custom rifles from his collection during the last 30 years than you are likely to ever handle, let alone actually own. He was commissioning custom rifles from the likes of Winston Churchill, Griffin and Howe, etc in the 1970s when you were most likely an itch in your daddy's pants.

He also owned Jarret's rifles (paid for with his own money) 25 years ago before most of the world even knew who in the hell Kenny Jarret was. Same with Melvin Forbes at ULA.

I also bet that in front of a camera, he would look like Walter Cronkite compared to you.

Last edited by jim62; 08/07/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BobinNH

He sure beats the hell out of another "ho-hum" bowhunt with camo clad busty chicks hunting unpressured mid-western bucks raised on food plots.....

If I have to sit through another Real Tree episode and listen to the incessant babble, I'm gonna throw up....

I'll take Petzal....

Now thats funny right there!

I met Dave at the Shot Show a few years back and thought he was a good guy

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Pat, we live in a day of Entertainment....unless the TV screen is festooned with Real Tree camo,and guys with baseball hats on backwards are High Five-ing....we feel cheated somehow. sick grin

Gawd forbid someone says something intelligent...... crazy

Last edited by BobinNH; 08/07/11.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Part of Dave's "problem" with live interviews is that he is literally as deaf as a post. I haven't seen any of those TV shows, but in real life, Dave quite often answers questions that weren't quite asked, simply because he misunderstood what was asked.

If anyone think he sounds stupid, that person may have no concept of what hearing loss means.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BobinNH

I'll take Petzal....

You say that as though it is a bad thing!

I happen to be a big fan of camo clad busty chicks and I don't much care what they're hunting! grin

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

141 members (2500HD, AlleghenyMountain, 7887mm08, 300_savage, 44mc, Amos63, 8 invisible), 1,860 guests, and 936 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,084
Posts18,501,682
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.