Print Thread
Hop To
S
sjr Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Looking at a Sequoia MF or a Lynx MF sleeping bags any one out there have any input on them ???

GB1

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Lynx MF is my winter sack. Nice bag.
[Linked Image]

Ahh, nice marmot
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Those are fairly different bags... what's the intended use?

Have owned four WM bags over the last 20 years... two still in the house. Great stuff.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I think they are the best bags out there. Well worth the money.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Im extremely happy w/ the megalite

IC B2

S
sjr Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
would be late season Oct-Nov backpack hunts in a Kifaru Tipi tent
Dont like a tight fitting type mommy bag , Sequoia looks like it a wider fit but havent seen one yet there a bit hard to find up here in Canada

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Fishkilla, I dig that pic...

C
CCH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Had a Lynx. Really hard to beat the warmth to weight ratio. Mine was 3 lbs. and I believe the -10 rating though I never tested it out. It was tighter than I liked but in the wide world of sleeping bags, I wouldn't consider it super constrictive like many lightweight bags are. The Sequoia is huge in comparison though.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I now have CCH's Lynx, just bought it from him (thanks again CCH!). I bought it because I also have a WM Versalite. The Versalite is rated at 10�F. Two years ago, I was on a hunt with lows in the mid 20s, and the Versalite was fine. Last season, I used the Versalite down to the low teens, and it was definitely lacking. I was wearing a Merino base layer with Mont-Bell U.L. Down Inner jacket and pants, and I was still cold (not life-threatening cold, but uncomfortable cold). I decided to get another WM bag that was warmer, to account for these conditions.

I don't think you will go wrong with any WM bag. They are top notch in terms of materials and construction. If you can find one that fits you, I say go for it - you won't regret it!

Scott

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I've got the Sycamore MF. It's semi-rec & plenty roomy enough for my liking. Temp rating (25�F) is conservative for me (warm sleeper) so I can use it down to 15�.

Your sleeping pad makes a huge difference in how warm you will be. Alternating between a Therm-A-Rest Trail Pro (for 25� or colder) and a NeoAir (for 25� or warmer) makes a big difference in my nights out --- especially when I believe the weather man.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fishkilla, That looks cold as hell. Was that a just for grins trip or some kind of hunt? 95 outside right now and I feel cold looking at that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've the WM Puma and Alpinelite. Love them. You can't go wrong with a WM bag.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got the MF Badger. If its too cold to sleep in that bag, then I'd ratherbe at my girlfriends place anyhow.

I've used it well into late November in Montana. Money WELL spent

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DanAdair
I've got the MF Badger. If its too cold to sleep in that bag, then I'd ratherbe at my girlfriends place anyhow.

The warmth of the WM bags never cease to amaze.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by 340boy

No WM experience here, but I'd say the same for Feathered Friends'bags.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Originally Posted by 30338
Fishkilla, That looks cold as hell. Was that a just for grins trip or some kind of hunt? 95 outside right now and I feel cold looking at that.

Yes, it was some kinda hunt for grins, I found one too. I was also testing out that tarp I had just made. It was a few degrees below 0 in Feb.

Ahh, nice marmot
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by 340boy

No WM experience here, but I'd say the same for Feathered Friends'bags.

On the flipside, I have heard nothing but good about FF bags, but have never tried one.

James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I had a few sleeping bags...once I bought my WM Badger I sold them all. Their bags are amazing...super warm. I did a 3rd season (Nov 9-16) in CO...we bivy'd at 10,000 for a week and got some snow and pretty cold temps. I was too warm in the bag and had to leave it unzipped partly most of the time. I slept in my skivies.

Expensive bags but like optics...worth every penny if you can afford it. I will keep this bag for MANY years!

Psalm 18:34 ->>---->
He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

that is how I roll too. I have been less than comfy once. it was a paltry *11 and I was in a megalight on a rem pad. I firmly believe if I had been on a foam pad I would have been fine. I stole mine on fleabay for $150.00 new.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A new WM for 150 clams IS a steal!
Nice score...
cool

James Elroy Flecker

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (anothergun, 10gaugemag, BallisticBRYAN, Alan_Robertson, 13 invisible), 1,505 guests, and 723 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,638
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.