Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 714 of 1,842 1 2 712 713 714 715 716 1841 1842
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Ah, Pam you know it isnt so much as like as he has the key to the beer cooler wink

Actually your little world in the woods kind of gives some of us a goal to strive for.

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by mrsnortherndave
Ahhhh...sniff, sniff, wiping a tear....everybody loves you, Dave. laugh

You too Ma. I said the FAMILY. smile

I also think this is the year when you should come to a Vikings game! I know a great place for you guys to stay. wink

Last edited by tzone; 08/09/11.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
just found out I didn't draw a single damn deer tag for SD. non residents have a better chance to draw some areas! I know because Kendra Drew!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
What the heck???

Are you interested in any CO tags this fall? left over list is out today I think?

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
I might be, my folks only live 8 hours from me.
I got 3 archery deer tags and 2 wy antelope and 2 SD anteople tags, all for does. I'm gonna hopefully find a spot lined up for next year and get a nice buck. I promised you a speed goat hunt, and by God we'll do it!

also for anyone who think they might want to hunt out here, application for speed goats is due by the 12th, and preference points are only 5 bucks........ RWS I think you and Ma would really like antelope hunting, its my favorite, nothing like it IMO. definitely something different.

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
A big thanks to Dave and family for keeping this going. As Jerry Garcia said "It's been one heck of a ride".

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
On 2/21/08 I made my first post on this thread.The loss of Dave's cousin as he described it struck a chord with me because I lost my college room mate/best friend of 50 years/like a brother less than two weeks before that on 2/9/08.I also had built a cabin in the woods in 1985.At the time I started reading this thread I had only like four posts on the campfire.
In April I PM'ed Rick Bin suggesting that he sticky this thread because it was going to create a lot of following.Since that time I have made a lot of friends here and I feel like part of the family even though I am wayyy down here in South Carolina.You guys were very comforting to me after the open heart surgery in June,2008.This is one of the first threads I look at every day.I very much treasure Camp Chickenbuck and the members here.Thank you Dave,Pam,family and all my good friends here for many hours of enjoyment and the chance to share your lives and adventures.
Chickenbuck forever!

stan in SC

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 08/09/11.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll search for the thread, if, I have to, I guess.. Thanks Dave. And Kin. You'all are good folks.

Wood is Good.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

[Linked Image]

Last edited by tzone; 08/09/11.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
What do y'all think?

She's sitting in the garage now. Put a Ford bug deflector on to keep the rock chips off the hood. Topper will be ordered soon. Leveling kit soon to follow. I won't need bigger tires, these baby's are big.

Oh yeah, almost forgot...started the MPG average at 0 at the dealerhip. 48 mix driving miles later it was at 18.6 MPG.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Dayum! nice truck T!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by mrsnortherndave
Ahhhh...sniff, sniff, wiping a tear....everybody loves you, Dave. laugh

You too Ma. I said the FAMILY. smile

I also think this is the year when you should come to a Vikings game! I know a great place for you guys to stay. wink

Thanks Tzone, just giving Dave crap like a wife should or I think they should. laugh

Sounds good to me about the Vikes game, I'd be peeing my pants with excitement if it happened. You'd see me on the evening news because I'd be the "crazy looking woman" that couldn't contain herself with Dave in the background shaking his head. grin

BTW, nice truck!

"I'm not crying!!"
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Oh and I see we are still "stuck" so I'm thinking Rick disagreed with Dave's request and left us at the top to torture all of you FOREVER!!!!!!!

Heck if I have to put up with Dave and his daily adventures, so do all of you...just kidding "hunny". grin

"I'm not crying!!"
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Very nice 'T'. V8, correct? Thought you'd spring for the 4dr.

What options?

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Good morning shickenbuckers.

Stan, grisslee bill, forester... Thanks guys.

I'm thinking Rick is a busy man and doesn't always have time to check him PM's here.

lets hear about that nice truck T, XLT? Engine? It's really sharp man, I love white trucks.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Tzone nice truck.. Did you get that at Apple Valley ford??

Just a heads up take it somewhere else for service.. I and my neighbors have had huge problems there in the past...Maybe there better now this was about 2 years ago.....

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Nice nice truck,Tom.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Very nice 'T'. V8, correct? Thought you'd spring for the 4dr.

'Tis the V-8. I would spring for the 4d, but I wanted a 6 1/2' box and it wouldn't fit in the garage. Well, it would, but we'd need to do some remodeling in the kitchen. grin The Super Cab has lots of room. More than the previous models. It has nearly the room of the previous body style SC's. The new SC's are huge. More room that a car in the back. Anyway, I need the box more than the back seat.

What options?

It is the XLT with the Chrome package and Max Towing Package, off road tire/wheel package. I don't know how big in inches, but they're big. 265/75/18.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by noduck
Tzone nice truck.. Did you get that at Apple Valley ford??

Just a heads up take it somewhere else for service.. I and my neighbors have had huge problems there in the past...Maybe there better now this was about 2 years ago.....

I doubt I'll take it there for service. It's 50 miles from my house. There is 10 ford dealers between my house and AV Ford. Thanks for the tip though. I'm hoping I won't have to take it anywhere for service. The Tundra needed NOTHING. I have high expectations for this truck.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Gee whiz, I had to go in to the mothership (home office) yesterday and missed all the fun! Ryan, your comment about being a stray was dang funny! And Tzone IS a grumpy bugger!

I havent personally met many of ya yet, but that will change over time I hope....although I have no desire to see Grizzly Bill in a Packer shirt....I dont get up towards Chickenbuck very often, but someday I hope to stop in and meet all the folks....err characters is a better word!

One of my best memories of this crew was when Cole had his benefit, many of you stepped up to the plate with donations. You never met him, never met me....yet you still helped out. I really want to thank you for the new fishing pole I bought with all the cash... grin Nah, just kidding, every red cent went to Cole (he has a scan this month, say a little prayer).

If any of you are zipping through Alexandria and wanna have lunch or something, please let me know and we can meet!

And one day, I would like to make it out to western SD to see Ryan's PF work. Are there many birds out there this year Ryan? I kinda wanna do a trip, but havent gotten anything lined up. I am sure we will meet up at some PF event some time.

By the way Tzone, nice truck! What motor?

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Page 714 of 1,842 1 2 712 713 714 715 716 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

116 members (1OntarioJim, 6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, 8 invisible), 1,486 guests, and 837 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,371
Posts18,488,327
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.