-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Huntz is just another know- it-all Yankee blowhard whose opinion does not even merit a second thought.

Good on all those who helped introduce the two youngsters to the shooting sports.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Serious question for Huntz:

Given the fact that the girl had seen multiple people shoot it, and knew she was she was asking for, and the fact that she simply didn't have the strength for a more upright stance, what risk(s) do you see her taking that that the 10 other people who shot the gun didn't take?

-Scope-whip? Given her head position, I don't see that as a "special" risk--certainly no more than anyone else.
-Detached retina? I agree with others who've said that the shooter's frame size has nothing to do with it.
-Broken collar bone? She had the rifle positioned far enough to the outside that I don't see her at special risk.
-Scared so bad that she'd never shoot again? She knew in advance that it was going to kick hard, so there was no surprise.

I'm just wondering what you're seeing in the video that has you so upset...

Thanks.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Just got a PM from Jeff. He is trying to figure out the ins and outs of the Campfire and is a little shy about getting started. So please welcome mrgrowler1953.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Waders
Serious question for Huntz:

Given the fact that the girl had seen multiple people shoot it, and knew she was she was asking for, and the fact that she simply didn't have the strength for a more upright stance, what risk(s) do you see her taking that that the 10 other people who shot the gun didn't take?

-Scope-whip? Given her head position, I don't see that as a "special" risk--certainly no more than anyone else.
-Detached retina? I agree with others who've said that the shooter's frame size has nothing to do with it.
-Broken collar bone? She had the rifle positioned far enough to the outside that I don't see her at special risk.
-Scared so bad that she'd never shoot again? She knew in advance that it was going to kick hard, so there was no surprise.

I'm just wondering what you're seeing in the video that has you so upset...

Thanks.

simple really, he is scared to shoot a 416 so there is no way a chick as small as "hippy chick" should be able to......

only thing that makes any seance....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
mrgrowler1953. A big welcome Jeff, enjoy the fire

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who is Jeff?? Well if he's a friend of youse guys, he must be a reprobate. Welcome to ya Lad. Did Scott mention that you have to buy us all beer????

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
We coop farm with Jeff. he is probably my closest friend and neighbor. Jeff can only get on line while at work and he works nights so most us will see his stuff in the mornings.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mac84
Shawna reminds me of our Houndgirl a bit.

Very good comparision. Yes she does look a lot like Jane, but a few years younger. She carries herself and has her demeaner, only quieter.

Both are quality ladies. Shawna is enjoying life to the fullest and it was a pleasure to have met her.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
frown I miss Houndgirl/Jane a LOT

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Just for the Shawna Fan Club.

Today is is damp and cool here at the farm. It is light jacket weather and the fog is dripping water off the roof. The guys are working outside but Shawna found a job sorting and cleaning garlic for making garlic ropes. It is nice in the little greenhouse, it is dry in the little greenhouse. What first caught my attention was she is in there working and singing. Smart lady!

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F
Just for the Shawna Fan Club.

Today is is damp and cool here at the farm. It is light jacket weather and the fog is dripping water off the roof. The guys are working outside but Shawna found a job sorting and cleaning garlic for making garlic ropes.

Weather sounds PERFECT...!

You should do a tutorial on making garlic ropes. Are they for storing that way or just ornamental.?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I will try to get photos and do a write up. They go to a local full time farm market. The sell like mad. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like that type of weather.

Beats the heat any day.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Scott, exactly how many things do you grow on that farm? Total of flora and fauna.?

Is that tall plant in front of the greenhouse tobacco?

You really got it going on my friend

I have a pretty good size garden, but I think you win.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

mrgrowler1953 Welcome to the merry band of guys and gals, glad to have you on board. Look forward to seeing and sharing next year at get together. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
By all means mrgrowler1953, pull up a log and set a spell.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I miss Houndgirl/Jane a LOT

Me too. Not to hijack a thread, but anyone know of her whereabouts since their trip to North Dakota?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Scott, exactly how many things do you grow on that farm? Total of flora and fauna.?

Is that tall plant in front of the greenhouse tobacco?

You really got it going on my friend

I have a pretty good size garden, but I think you win.

We have about twenty Icelandic sheep. We sell the wool ready to spin at the Oregon Flock & Fiber Show in Canby OR every fall and the lambs for meat. Then we have two greenhouses. The big one 18X48 if I remember right is where we do out early starts for the market garden, then we put out tomato, peppers and other such that do not grow well without the help of a greenhouse. We grow herbs, some thirty kind, for sale at the Coop, a Farm store and a restaurant or two. We sell salad greens, pees, berries and sever other things. That is our whole garlic crop for this year. I will try to get off my lazy behind and get some pictures later this week.

next get together at scotts I'll bring beer.

�God made woman beautiful and foolish; beautiful, that man will love her; and foolish, that she will love him�
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

519 members (219DW, 1234, 2500HD, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1minute, 53 invisible), 2,409 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,796
Posts18,496,236
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.