Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NathanL
If you don't think Canada prospers under protection from the US you are more out of than I thought.
Canada's THREAT is increased by the US, not it's protection.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I visit Canada regularly, and from my experience there, the cost of living is much higher. I typically spend two weeks up in Alberta chasing waterfowl, and everything I buy while there is much higher.

For instance, right now gas is $4.28/gallon at the Safeway in Taber, I paid $3.45/gallon day before yesterday, so it's 25% higher up there. Beer is $10 or more per six pack, even for the cheap stuff, so $1.66/can, vs $0.66/can here. Large ticket items are also much higher. IMO, the cost of goods and services is substantially higher, and that's not taking into account the question of higher taxes. Another example is that some Canadian friends come across the border every year to do their back-to-school shopping, in Great Falls, of all places. They're not going there for the scenery.

I really enjoy my sojourns in Canada, and miss the early days when the US dollar was stronger. I'll continue going each year, but am happy to live here rather than there. We have a lot of work to do here, and face costs that our neighbors to the north do not. Hopefully we'll get this mess sorted out, though recovery will take some time and there will be pain before recovery is complete.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Boyd45
BCBrian: Take all the moaning, complaining, and fault-finding with a large grain of salt. What do people envy? Things they can see and cannot have.
People envy things and admire attributes. That is the jist of the downgrade. Our national attributes have been diminished by or because of the ineptitude and corruption that has supplanted our system of governance. We have strayed far from the principles and direction provided by the founders and the result is a cancer that is consuming the host.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Originally Posted by BWalker
I worked in Canada for 6 years and can say with certainty that total tax burdens are much higher in Canada on the individual and corporate level.

If you can read, I just showed you that they're not, but carry on.

I am not going to argue with you, as I have BTDT and you haven't.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 1badf350, 66 invisible), 3,031 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,196
Posts18,503,582
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.