Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
AURORA, Colo. -- "Two Aurora police officers were pulled over near Torrington, Wyo., Wednesday evening after several people complained the officers were speeding with emergency lights activated and littering.

The two officers were on their way to Rapid City, S.D., to attend the funeral of one of two police officers shot to death during a traffic stop on Aug. 2.

Goshen County sheriff's Capt. Bryan Morehouse told 7NEWS one of the Aurora officers was ticketed on suspicion of driving while impaired, careless driving and speeding. The second Aurora officer was cited for littering.

Morehouse said Bradley Bruce Bickett, 53, was given a roadside sobriety test and booked into the county detention center just before 7 p.m. His blood alcohol level was 0.09, according to Morehouse. He was cited for going 57 miles per hour in a 40 mile per hour zone."

They couldn't find any open containers in their car however just unopened ones still in the cooler -- any guesses as to where the empties went?

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That one might be a little tough to explain the the boss on Monday!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
He won't have to wait untill Monday Scott, The boss already knows;

"Bickett was cited for DWUI-alcohol which is a misdemeanor, careless driving and speeding. Morehouse said he clocked Bickett traveling 57 mph in a 40 mph zone.

"It is a great embarrassment to not only our department, but to law enforcement across the board," Cassidee Carlson with the Aurora Police Department said. "The feeling here at the Aurora Police Department is disbelief again."

Bickett was taken to jail at 6:51 p.m. Wednesday and released at 12:46 a.m. Thursday.

Morehouse said an Aurora Police Department Commander picked up Bickett, who was required to have a BAC of .00 before he was allowed to leave the jail. Bickett's passenger, Aurora Police Officer Gerald Kirby, was cited for littering.

"Our chief extended a phone call to their sheriff to apologize for the actions of our officers and additionally to thank him and his deputies for their professionalism and action in the matter," Carlson said.

Morehouse says that when the volunteer firefighter called to report the erratically-driven patrol car, he said the patrol car had almost hit two motorcycles.

The volunteer firefighter told 9Wants to Know that he was concerned for the safety of everyone on the road."

That must of been a fun ride back to Colorado for Bickett!

BTW, the 57mph was pulling into town here, the fireman, though no expert and no radar gun, estimates speeds of well over 100mph on the Cheyenne to Torrington Highway (Hwy 85).

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Note: A lot of that stuff used to be swept under the rug.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep, and I for one am glad it was not!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by BMT
Note: A lot of that stuff used to be swept under the rug.

Lots of stuff can be swept under...

One of the Police Commissioners who did jail time had to be "rescued" twice after hit 2 different runs...... That was never public knowledge...

No, I am not a COP...

Last edited by Cigar; 08/13/11.

John
=
Waterfowler at hart along with my late Baydog 9/26/20 ..
=
=
Striving to be turdlike.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JacquesLaRami
He won't have to wait untill Monday Scott, The boss already knows;

That must of been a fun ride back to Colorado for Bickett!

I would NOT wanted to be in his shoes! Wonder what is chances of staying employed are.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Zero to none I am thinking.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Maybe, maybe not but if he still has a job I bet his next promotion is about fifty years out.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He might be retained if they have meter maids! smile smile

Old cat turd!

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Somebody has to clean the toilets in the county jail. Maybe he will become known as the "Commode Commando".

Last edited by Scott F; 08/13/11.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He might not get fired. Cops are people and do stupid stuff. While I would be in total support of termination for this type of violation, the fact is that it's not a terminating offense at many agencies. It's not at mine. But it carries 30 days off without pay. And where I work, that translates to two months of no paychecks. It's 30 WORK days off. That's on top of the fees and fines in court. Very expensive.

Had it been off duty and out of uniform, I'd say it doesn't warrant termination. Very few jobs where that'll get ya fired. This case is a tad different.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by T LEE

Or a union. Just saying.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Reckon he might end up being Hunter 1960's assistant?

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
he was doing something he is paid to keep people from doing. just like a game warden who gets caught poaching, it should be viewed as worse because they are doing the opposite of what they are supposed to.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Sounds like they trying to get to their OWN funerals!
Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

Reckon he might end up being Hunter 1960's assistant?

Too funny and spot on!

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Sounds like they trying to get to their OWN funerals!
Mark

That's what I was thinking too, or worse yet, the highways here are covered with motorcycles on their way to Sturgis this month, he almost got a few, or could of killed somebody else.

Don't take this as another cop bashing thread -- Big thumbs up to the Goshen County Sherriff's department for not sweeping it under the rug and stopping it before somebody was killed!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
About 20 years ago in the county I grew up in, there was a deputy sheriff who left a department Christmas party with his patrol car. He made it less than half a mile before missing a curve and T-boning a utility pole. He was a Sargeant at the time-a couple years later he made Lieutenant. crazy

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
he was doing something he is paid to keep people from doing. just like a game warden who gets caught poaching, it should be viewed as worse because they are doing the opposite of what they are supposed to.

What, you mean like democrat politicians who "get a little behind" in their taxes?
Or DEA running drugs from Mexico?
Or ATF running guns to cartels?
Or Fed gov who piss backwards on oaths sworn?
Or Eric Holder's complicity in all this?
Or a Kenyan in the oval office's complete disregard for law and order and Constitution?
Or. or. or. .......

Laws are for subjects.
Masters, all the way down to enforcers on the streets, are exempt whenever possible. Any scrutiny whatsoever is as often as not considered conspiratorial balderdash.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 60 invisible), 2,971 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,969
Posts18,519,658
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.