Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Well my stint at Quantico is complete. I enjoyed it there. Interesting place if you know how to make the most of it. I learned soooo much and got lots of useful insight.
Next on my plate is two years in Japan. I just landed at Kotoya AR base, awaiting further flights to my final destination with the 1ST MAW on Okinawa.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good luck and thanks for doing the job.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Thanks for seerving, and be safe

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Thanks for your service.

Be safe and take care. wink

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Excellent...you made it through boot, broken stuff and all!!

Keep logging on, and keep us posted on your doings...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thank you for serving,good luck,stay safe and by all means keep us posted!! smile

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
OUTSTANDING and soo glad to hear from you Ma'am. Thank you for doing what you are doing.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I heard you were headed for the rock. Put a knot on my boys head if you run across him.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Thanks for serving, and hope you enjoy your stay! If you ever make it to Tokyo and need any help with suggestions or casual advice, feel free to hit me.

P.S. You sure that's not Yokota AFB? wink

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I is wonderful to see your post here. You have been missed. I know I can speak for a lot more here than just myself when I say you make us feel like proud dads. You are doing us all a great service.

I pray you will have a blast on your next adventure. Please drop us a note whenever you can.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Scott F
I is wonderful to see your post here. You have been missed. I know I can speak for a lot more here than just myself when I say you make us feel like proud dads. You are doing us all a great service.

I pray you will have a blast on your next adventure. Please drop us a note whenever you can.

What Scott said!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So good to hear from you!

Hugs 'n' misses, m'sweet!

Proud to be so proud of my Honorary Daughter!

If my late buddies Curt (USAF) and Wally (USMC) and my late uncle Vaughn (USMC) were still on the O, I'd have 'em greet you with a hug or two for me. (All we old guys flat know how to hug!)

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Thanks for serving, and hope you enjoy your stay! If you ever make it to Tokyo and need any help with suggestions or casual advice, feel free to hit me.

oops haha. Not sure if I can blame that on my phone's Autocorrect or dyselcia I didn't had I know, I was sitting right in front of the sign when I wrote that.

Thanks I do hope to visit Tokyo once I get settled in here

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thank you!

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
We're all proud of you Gwen... thanks for all you do and keeping us updated.

Kent

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Gwen

Great to hear from ya!!! Dad was on Okinawa in the Korean "conflict".

Enjoy it as much as you can. Keep your head down and be safe!

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My one trip to Japan was 20 years ago, but the mountains of central Japan, including Mt Fuji, were memorable for their scenic beauty. Downtown Tokyo had its hustle and bustle, but also had some lovely imperial museums and parks, too.

Congrats on your posting, and good luck!

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by ShootingLady
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

oops haha. Not sure if I can blame that on my phone's Autocorrect or dyselcia I didn't had I know, I was sitting right in front of the sign when I wrote that.

Thanks I do hope to visit Tokyo once I get settled in here

lol. No worries, lady. I know only too well what a 13 hour time difference can and will do. wink As I spent lots of time at Yokosuka, Yokota and other bases/installations (embassy affiliation has its privileges I learned), I figured that if a new AFB had sprung up, I'd have known about it. smile

I mean what I said. I've spent several years of my life living in Tokyo, and go back at least once a year. The wife is a Japanese national, and we'd be pleased to offer any insight or advice--based in experience--as to any stuff you'd like to do or see, or any questions you might have. I will say that Okinawa is a mystery to us. Never been.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I just was able to walk around base for the first time, I do love it here. I can see the ocean smile hopefully I stay on this base. I'll post some pics when I figure out how from my phone

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I heard you were headed for the rock. Put a knot on my boys head if you run across him.
I'm sure I will run into him eventually . Apparently this is the best base on the island an people come here from the surrounding bases for all it has to offer

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1_deuce, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 56 invisible), 2,499 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,187
Posts18,484,861
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.