And a few people pictures.

Well, dog too. grin

[Linked Image]

2 tight lines on sunfish, get em kids!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Top off the evening with some burgers on the webber.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Good stuff Dave...the best!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hey Bill, that is gonna be one ugly bar....wouldnt be fit for a garage sale after you're done with it!

Looks like a fun weekend Dave. Man, we just dont get enough time in a weekend, do we? Took the kids out fishing and caught some little sunnies and a 4 lb northern. The northern caused quite the commotion; kids were scared of it! Then we went out with a couple to eat at Inspiration Peak, man, do they have good food! Started building a deer stand too (4X6 box stand).

Berettamanwife gave me the word over the weekend: the hunt is on for a Mini Van...or Vini Man as the kids call it.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
But since you were tug boating, wave busting with the nose high for an extended period of time. Your engine angle could have put your oil level sensor above the oil level line in the reservoir for the first time. (making the oil level alarm/light go off)

know what I mean?

I do know what you mean and is entirly possible. The gauge is for the oil level. There is a resivor in the back of the boat that would have been nearly impossible to check on the water, due to the conditions. When I got it on the trailer, it was low. I poured a gallon of oil in the res. and it could probably take a gallon more, it looked like.

Originally Posted by grizz
The Yamaha is a 4 stroke, correct?

The big motor is a 2s the kicker is a 4s.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
The bar in the basement needs to be repainted. Thinking of doing it in Packer Green.

With all that moisture it probably smells like mold, you might as well make it look like it too. laugh

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Berettaman

Berettamanwife gave me the word over the weekend: the hunt is on for a Mini Van.

I'm sure it was the otherway around. laugh

I'm glad Ma hates those things or we'd have one. The problem with them is they're dang useful.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
We have resisted the ViniMan for awhile, but too many fights are breaking out in the backseat.

MOM! DAD! He touched me! Now HE TOUCHED ME AGAIN! Stop it! Waaaaa....

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Great pictures Pam. I think we're going to have a female Anson Williams on our hands.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone
The bar in the basement needs to be repainted. Thinking of doing it in Packer Green.

With all that moisture it probably smells like mold, you might as well make it look like it too. laugh

No mold stink in our house. The wife went crazy with the beach. smile

Packer green is going to look a whole lot better than the current color (Pink). Why on earth the original owners ever painted the bar pink is totally beyond me. Even more puzzleing is why I've left it that way for 37 years? crazy This is a real bar and back bar that came out of a small country bar years ago. The back bar even has the mirror with it.

Since I'm on a painting binge I might paint the support posts green and gold. cool Hmm, maybe I should paint white stripes on the floor for yard markers while I'm at it. NOT! laugh

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Berettaman
We have resisted the ViniMan for awhile, but too many fights are breaking out in the backseat.

MOM! DAD! He touched me! Now HE TOUCHED ME AGAIN! Stop it! Waaaaa....

Yeah, we have two monkeys, so there is SOME space between them, not enough to prevent that though. With 3 a 3rd row of seating would be helpful. wink

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Since I'm on a painting binge I might paint the support posts green and gold. cool Hmm, maybe I should paint white stripes on the floor for yard markers while I'm at it. NOT! laugh

That might actually be cool.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It might be cool if'n it was Purple and Gold.... not Green and Gold! Pink was a much better choice all things considered.

Shopping for Mini Vans is not enjoyable. eek

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
My old neighbor bought one that was rigged out to the max. They paid over $40K for it. Honda I think.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great news about Cole BM. Enjoy the bow hunt. I've actually been practicing lots with mine. I hope I can get my friend to start shooting mine to see if she would be interested in buying it. But first I will have to see if my dad's is a good fit for me if he is still willing to sell it to me. smile

Dave and family, it was good to see you this weekend (eventhough it wasn't for very long, sorry). Great pictures you took. Thanks for trying out my lens, I was worried that I made a huge mistake with getting that one.

Great looking truck Tom. I feel special that you called me from it when you were on your way fishing. smile That is pretty neat isn't it?

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Tom's new truck must have SYNC.My wife's 2011 Escape has that also.It is really a handy way to make phone calls without the distraction of holding and dialing the phone.
I went out Saturday with my hunting buddy and we looked at our small lease.Found lotsa tracks and dumped some corn out.Plenty of time for it to get all gone before season opens.
He also introduced me to a small tract about 10 minutes from the house which I can hunt.It's a truck farm in summer and a veritable buffet for deer.

Stan in SC

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 08/15/11.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Stan,

It does have the Sync. It is nice for hands free talking, but it has a hard time recognizine some of the names when I say them. It will just take time to get used to.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hey it was great seeing you too Missy. I think you've got a great lense, you just need to use it more. Experiment a little.

Did you know we shot probably 30 pictures of loons on the water and only came up with a couple that were even worth showing anyone? They are definately difficult subject matters.

(for us anyways)

We have yet to capture a photo as crisp as the loon photo Pam shot from the canoe up in the BWCA in June this year.

Conditions were good and we were close, that's all there was too it.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That picture of the bee is top notch too. FWIW, to whoever took it.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Tom,the SYNC also has trouble understanding me sometimes but Linda has no problem.I guess it's cause I talk faster than she does and have that accent from my native Alabama.
Dave,kudos to you and Pam for some more of your absolutely GREAT pictures.
Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by tzone
That picture of the bee is top notch too. FWIW, to whoever took it.

The dang bee lady took it of course.

I think she likes bees so much because she knows I'm allergic to em.

grin

Something clever here.

Page 718 of 1,842 1 2 716 717 718 719 720 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 01Foreman400, 17CalFan, 62 invisible), 2,455 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,406
Posts18,488,965
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.