Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
AFP Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I shot with my "No Peep" today. It works well, but is it really okay to be looking along side the string instead of though it?

Alos, my groups seem to be more vertically dispersed than horizontally dispersed with the No Peep. The overall size is about the same. What does this mean?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't look at my no-peep when I shoot. I glance over to be sure I'm holding properly and then concentrate on the pin sight and the target. I find that after a while I stop looking at the no-peep all together. Every once in a while I glance over and if it looks good I concentrate on the shot not the no-peep. Shoot it for a while and you will see the advantages. After one day or a few dozen arrows it will probably not change your life completely.

My no-peep is on the same side of the string as my pin sight, just slightly higher and off to the right. I think you could mount it anyplace. I don't look through my string at all. It's well away from the view of the string.

If your anchor point is 100% consistant, you have drawn to a consistant length "the wall" and the no-peep is dead center then the only issues can be the release and your aim.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Most likely you are seeing vertical dispersion because the string is to the side of your nose. Even with a consistant anchor you will see VD because your head is not in the same place twice.

The correct way is to touch the string to the tip of your nose. It acts as a secondary anchor. With the string beside your nose it allows you subconsiously to tilt your head up or down slightly and differently with each shot.

With the head tilted slightly up the sights will be raised inadvertantly to match your line of sight causing you to shoot slightly high. The next shot with your head tilted slighlty lower will cause the shot to be lower............hence the vertical dispersion.

X-VERMINATOR

Sooner or later our heritage of hunting is going to be a rich mans sport and the words "Outfitter" and "Hunt Industry" will be synonymous with cancer and A.I.D.S. among blue collar hunters like me and my family! (A.L. Williams - 2010)

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

141 members (10Glocks, 44mc, 35, 7x57Hunter, 7887mm08, 300_savage, 8 invisible), 1,768 guests, and 1,012 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,558
Posts18,510,457
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.