Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

Am I missing something in that analysis?

YES.

Every prediction of the future has been wrong. It cannot be done. Therefore, your prediction is WRONG.

My prediction is wrong.

But we have several principles that have PROVEN to better humanity overall.

These are individual liberty. Small government. Basic principles of natural law. EX: Murder is wrong, but self defense is right, even if it result in death.

When these principles thrive, humanity thrives.

As for the Starfish: It is not a platitude. It is truthful guidance. None of us can fix these problems. Each of us can do our best to help. When we each have this freedom, humanity is better off.

Witness: Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta. She could not help all of the poor, but to those she helped, the help mattered greatly. Moreover, she brought a culture of hope to the poor, and shame to rich. Combined, much has improved in India.

When we lack such freedom, humanity suffers. Again, witness the USSR under Stalin, Germany under Hitler, etc.

Collectivism, has never had such success.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We can just spend our way out of it. Then when the US recovers, we can lift up everyone else through global spread the wealth humanity programs.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That is of course unless the Tea Party debt deal recession doesn't overwhelm sound Keynesian economics.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Peddler
That is of course unless the Tea Party debt deal recession doesn't overwhelm sound Keynesian economics.
.............I see that Paddler possibly changed his user name to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Peddler???

As usual, your posts are full of crap including the two above.

No SIR! Additional govt spending CANNOT and WILL NOT grow the private sector economy. Something that you`ll never fathom.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oh ye of little cranial mass, just let Obama finish his work, without all the Republican interference, and you will see the magic come true.

IC B2

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Whoever Peddler is, he ain't Paddler, but he is damn funny! grin

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
No one could be a stupid as you pretend. You're obviously one of the regular members here having some fun under a second screen name.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Oh ye of little cranial mass, just let Obama finish his work, without all the Republican interference, and you will see the magic come true.
............TO: OH YE OF NO ECONOMICAL EDUCATION WHATSOEVER,,,WHICH YOU,,,the resident Campfire village liberal moron certainly DOES NOT HAVE.

If Obama had any magic (of which he doesn`t) he would have turned the economy around by now.

If his policies are SOOOO good as you say, then why ARE all the economic indicators (ya KNOW,,THOSE NUMBERS which come from OBAMA`S OWN Dept of Labor and from other govt depts),,,,,,,,,,SO DISMAL???

You have the brains of a fricken fruitcake!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
No one could be a stupid as you pretend. You're obviously one of the regular members here having some fun under a second screen name.
..........Ya never can tell.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
If Obama had any magic (of which he doesn`t) he would have turned the economy around by now.

That's because the hole dug by Bush was so deep that no man could possibly fix it in one term. Get your head out of the sand. Besides, despite the president's best efforts, he keeps getting torpedoed by the racist Tea Baggers. You guys need to get on the winning team and stop sabotaging the country's recovery.

IC B3

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BMT

Am I missing something in that analysis?

YES.

Every prediction of the future has been wrong. It cannot be done. Therefore, your prediction is WRONG.

My prediction is wrong.

But we have several principles that have PROVEN to better humanity overall.

These are individual liberty. Small government. Basic principles of natural law. EX: Murder is wrong, but self defense is right, even if it result in death.

When these principles thrive, humanity thrives.

As for the Starfish: It is not a platitude. It is truthful guidance. None of us can fix these problems. Each of us can do our best to help. When we each have this freedom, humanity is better off.

Witness: Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta. She could not help all of the poor, but to those she helped, the help mattered greatly. Moreover, she brought a culture of hope to the poor, and shame to rich. Combined, much has improved in India.

When we lack such freedom, humanity suffers. Again, witness the USSR under Stalin, Germany under Hitler, etc.

Collectivism, has never had such success.

BMT

Ah, but see Hubbert DID predict peak oil for the USA, decades in advance. It flew against the (giddy) conventional wisdom of the time and nearly cost him his career as a respected geologist... until he was shown to have NAILED it. And his model has been shown to be very accurate when fields are aggregated... certainly very accurate within a set of parameters (best to worst).

Consumption is fairly straightforward to predict- certainly within a set of parameters (best to worst).

Even taking best case scenario (which ain't gonna happen) WRT consumption, and best case scenario for production (also unlikely- see below), peak oil production occurs soon. Very soon.

(one muddying factor in predicting future production is that OPEC nation have direct financial incentive to overstate their reserves. There is opacity there. But they are dis-incentivized to understate reserves on several levels, and beyond that, modern petro-science has a pretty good grasp on these things. So- likely OPEC has even less reserves than is stated, but even using their numbers, peak oil is either here or coming soon to a gas pump near you!)

So... peak oil is not really a prediction. It's a projection. HUGE difference.

As to predicting the results of spiraling oil costs, I don't think that's really much of a prediction either. We all saw and felt what $5/gal did. Household budgets were largely able to absorb it because we we on the tail end of the housing boom and there was still fat in Everyman's budget... I think we can agree that, say, $7/gal fuel would have an enormous impact. Households don't have much, if any buffer left. Credit card companies retracted credit. Home equity lines of credit are unavailable for most. Wages are down, unemployment up. Food went up and stayed up. We are, as my contractor friend put it to me yesterday, squeezed.

So I don't agree that projecting the social and economic mayhem of say $10/gal gas is a prediction at all.

What your position amounts to, at least on the energy front, is that something new will sweep in, out of the blue, and replace what oil does. It will not. Ask a "hard science" guy- Penguin- if the physics of that are possible. They aren't.

I'll disagree that collectivism is always bad. Environmental regulation is collectivism, and it's a complete necessity. Public schools sure beat the alternative (no public schools). Our old people would be literally destitute, many of them, without SS and Medicare. The creation and maintenance of a transportation and energy infrastructure is collectivist. Finally, the existence of a military is collectivist and I would never argue against having a military.

Last edited by Jeff_O; 08/28/11.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There's no thing and one thing only that can pull our economy out- more high tech green jobs.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

That's because the hole dug by Bush was so deep that no man could possibly fix it in one term. Get your head out of the sand. Besides, despite the president's best efforts, he keeps getting torpedoed by the racist Tea Baggers. You guys need to get on the winning team and stop sabotaging the country's recovery.
............Well sir! You are either pretty damned STUPID, OR, you are a total incompetent failure when it comes to doing any research! I`d say BOTH!!

When GWB left office,,,the yearly deficit was $265 billion.

When GWB left office,,,the total nat`l debt was around $5 trillion.

HERE are your BOY`S current #s after just 2 years and 7 months in office.

Current yearly deficit is now,,,,$1.65 trillion.
Total nat`l debt is now,,,,,,,,,,$14.5 trillion.

In just over 2.5 years, Obama`s rate of spending and increased debt, has exceeded all other US presidents before him,,,,,,COMBINED!!!

Peddler, Paddler, Piddle, Poodles, picked of a barrel full of peckers or whomever the hell you are, you`re one damned idiot! crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy

Typical BIG lib argument...."It`s all Bush`s fault!"

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
There's no thing and one thing only that can pull our economy out- more high tech green jobs.
One DNC talking point after the other from you.

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Guys. Please. Peddler is a sock puppet; he's playing you.

Don't let him derail the thread.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It`s all Bush`s fault!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Guys. Please. Peddler is a sock puppet; he's playing you.

Don't let him derail the thread.
..........Sock puppet??? More like a condom head assuming he could find one small enough!!

Most condoms (even the smalls) would be too big for the head on his shoulders, not to mention in another area.... laugh laugh laugh

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
It`s all Bush`s fault!

......I`ll be thinking about you on election night.

Your boy,,,will be defeated.

Then you`ll become MORE in-consequential than you are now!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
It`s all Bush`s fault!

........Taking your cues from the LYING big lib media???

You conveniently forgot to add in the part,,, "BEFORE",,,,"it`s all Bush`s fault."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Speaking of little peters, I think you have a sticky period or comma key on your keyboard.

..........Sock puppet??? More like a condom head assuming he could find one small enough!!

Most condoms (even the smalls) would be too big for the head on his shoulders, not to mention in another area....

......I`ll be thinking about you on election night.

Your boy,,,will be defeated.

Then you`ll become MORE in-consequential than you are now!

........Taking your cues from the LYING big lib media???

You conveniently forgot to add in the part,,, "BEFORE",,,,"it`s all Bush`s fault."

Or maybe that's just your way of "over compensating" for your little brain lol.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

486 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 12344mag, 222ND, 1beaver_shooter, 45 invisible), 1,716 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,051
Posts18,521,250
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.