-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 727 of 1,842 1 2 725 726 727 728 729 1841 1842
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I saw a big buck the other day at work,I'm gonna try to get him with a bow, but this is open hilly country and the WT are skittish. I have my work cut out for me, stick and string season is still 4 weeks away.

I have 2 batches of chokecherry wine that have been cookin for about a year, I hope they are about ready to try soon.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Pam got plates and registration for her 54 chevy car today. Of course it will sit until we have time and money to restore it but now it is a licensed registered car in her name. That's a big deal when thinking about restoring a car that's been sitting for 40 years or more.

It was a car that we got at a farm auction with no title and she finally got it straightened out. Now it's a 54 chevy WITH a title in her name grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Will she roll to the State Fair grounds?...'bout mid June? grin You can stay here, just sayin'.

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Not too many things I could think of that would be funner than rollin down there to "the 50's" with the family and the 54 chev, and the 51 ford tudor...

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
You can park with us. Cars are in the shade and We have a shade tent set up, buncha coolers and lawn chairs. Pa cooks breakfast on the portable grill. The tent is set up in one of the main drags so most of the cars have to cruise by, you get to a lot of the cars. The ones you miss, you can see as you walk around. Everyone brings food, if you want something to eat, fire up the grill and eat. We don't go without, that's for sure.

You guys would love it.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The other nice thing is a HUGE mall is right up the road. If the ladies get tired of looking at cars they can get up the street to look at shoes.

There are tons of rummage sales along the street outside the grounds too. My step mom brings her car and parks it outside the grounds and they hit the sales and mall.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I'm typing this from 41000 feet, going 559 mph on a company jet and its -72* outside the winder.

On the way back from callyforny

Last edited by Rooster7; 08/31/11.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7
I'm typing this from 41000 feet, going 559 mph on a company jet and its -72* outside the winder.

On the way back from callyforny

I thought for a minute you driving the Ford F-150 Raptor.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
No way! Could only a Nash Rambler.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
YUGO with a blower?

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'd love to see that. Unfortuenatly, it would probably be a leaf blower.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC
YUGO with a blower?

Stan in SC

How about a Nash Metropolitan with a blower? I saw one on a drag strip in southern Wisconsin many years ago.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Took the kids out scouting last night for geese and for schmidts and giggles drove by our deer stand on an uncut oat field.

Two deer were out on the field and I thought at first they were both does. Get closer and the one doe a good sized one trots off a little when the oldest boy gets all excited and yells in my ear "thats a buck". Sure is a smaller four point. Anyway he is all excited and just shaking to beat the band.

The doe takes off across the road in front of us and the buck follows but slower when he stops right in front of the truck and looks back at us from about 15 feet. By now my son is just shaking like you wouldnt believe. The buck takes off and into the woods.

My youngest who has taken deer before says he wants to get the doe cause she is the perfect size. My daughter just laughs and says go ahead cause she is sleeping in this year. But my oldest boy has this funny look on his face and in his eyes and says "I want that buck". He was still shaking 25 minutes later as we pulled in the yard.

Now this boy has been hunting with me since he was little, and just got over his fear of his shotgun, last two years he has had chances to shoot deer with his rifle but passed for good reasons and never showed the fire to really hunt for an animal until last night. I dont know what that deer did to him or what is going on but the last couple of weeks with him have been really cool watch something has turned him on and he is all go and no slow.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Sounds like another true hunter is about to join the ranks.

It's been a dark, stormy morning here. My sister who lives 30 miles East of me said they're out of power. My niece over in the Appleton area just posted a picture of a tree down outside of her office.

Have a good Labor Day weekend everyone.

Last edited by Grizzly_Bill; 09/02/11.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by big drift

My youngest who has taken deer before says he wants to get the doe cause she is the perfect size. My daughter just laughs and says go ahead cause she is sleeping in this year. But my oldest boy has this funny look on his face and in his eyes and says "I want that buck". He was still shaking 25 minutes later as we pulled in the yard.

YES!!!! Get that buck boy! Get it. I want to see the fuzzy windchime at the BD camp, I want to see kids 'smilin' like heck' with blood on thier face from the the windpipe grunt tube and intestine jump rope. Get that buck boy.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I wasn't sure my boy had a lot of interest. He usually wants to go to the camp to ride the wheeler and that's about it.

The last few months he's really started asking hunting questions. He soaks up the answeres too. I took him to the woods behind grandpas and we identified tracks, old rubs, a few beds. I turned him loose on a deer trail so he could show me some things. He found track and could tell me which way they were going, showed me some rubs. We followed a trial for 5-10 minutes. Then I told him to take us back to grandpa's, I wanted to see if he even knew where he was. Kid never skipped a beat, marched us right back to Papa's house.

I don't think I stand a chance of getting to the woods without him. Truthfully, I hope I don't. smile It's not the same going without him.

Last edited by tzone; 09/02/11.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
We're going to the cabin this weekend in WI. I'm going to bring the 22lr's up. I'm hoping to have the whole family shooting. Princess has been asking about a "pink gun" lately.

I'm going to put a call into Santa and see what he says.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
You too Bill.

It was dark here all morning, but never really did much. Raied a little. The sun is trying to peek out. It's a nice day here. Mid 70's and the humidity has finally left the building.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I am heading to the north woods to put up trail cameras this weekend. Looks like nice weather to be out looking over the stand sites.

On another note, I got my South Dakota antelope tags. Got an either sex and doe tag. Look out Fall River County. If there are left over doe tags I might get two more.

This fall is shaping up rather well.

Hope everyone else has their plans working out.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Loved SoDak goat hunting even with suffering Montezumas revenge the whole time...the people are wonderful, the area gorgeous, but watch out for the access fees...we were up north of Camp Crook and just east of the state line.

Page 727 of 1,842 1 2 725 726 727 728 729 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (219 Wasp, 1badf350, 219DW, 1936M71, 222Sako, 1234, 56 invisible), 2,431 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,440
Posts18,489,455
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.