Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Kind of a long shot but I thought I would post and see.

My NM pronghorn hunt fell through and now I am left scrambling. I am interested in finding a trespass hunt in east WY in a unit with leftover tags. I will gladly pay a fee. I will be hunting alone on this trip and can either camp (no trace) or find my own local lodging.

I can provide references if necessary. I have worked in the firearms industry for over 6 years and value safety.

Not looking for a monster goat, just a chance to get out hunting for a few days.

Please PM me if you have any leads. I of course will continue talking with G&F offices to try and find something.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by MoTurkeyHunter; 08/31/11.

Jim

"The skillful woodsman who knows his game, and who gets close, can keep himself in venison or moose meat with a rifle most of us would consider entirely inadequate." - Jack O'Connor
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Need an area to be of any help. Shoot me a PM later.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
PM Sent

Jim

"The skillful woodsman who knows his game, and who gets close, can keep himself in venison or moose meat with a rifle most of us would consider entirely inadequate." - Jack O'Connor
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
There is a land owner list available from the Game and Fish. If you call the Sheridan office, they will get you the list for the NE corner of the state. These people are looking for people just like you to hunt on their place. I have the list here on my desk and it appears that there are around 300 people on it to contact. Seems like a great place to start.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is interesting. I was just looking on craigslist the other day thinking it would be a great place to locate trespassing rights but came up dry.

Andrew
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
This time of year many properties that allow tresspass hunting will be full up with hunters the first part of the season, especially the first two weekends. If you can go a couple of weeks into the season you will probably have better luck finding a place to hunt. It appears that most of the units around Gillette have left over tags. Best of luck!

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, Oakster. I'm going off of past experience.

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Using the landowner list from the Game and Fish disrtrict office is a start, but as Sambo said this late most everybody is full up.
Unlike Oakster said that list is a list of landowners that allow hunting, few if any of the folks on that list are actively looking for hunters.

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (3dtestify, 358wsm, 280Ackleyrized, 338Rules, 35, 10 invisible), 1,013 guests, and 886 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,126
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.