Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by TC1
Another vote for the RRA NM trigger. It's a great trigger for the money.

I recently needed a lower parts kit and found a guy on GunBroker that sells the RRA MN lower parts kit w/trigger for a $109. I thought that was a pretty good deal.

Terry

Link Please? That's an smokin' deal.

GB1

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He's gone up to $115 on the "buy it now" but you can bid fot $109.95.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=247099137

Terry

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Googled a bit and read some threads... Anyone that would use Bill would be more than a fool.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I've wrestled with posting this but here goes...
http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=69659

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Ha, one of the ones I read earlier...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
maybe I can get into the trigger work business! I have a file!

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
If you do a good job on one, I guarantee 6 more will give you a big +1 for your work. Tis the way of the internet...

But as another guy put it on another forum, "what do you expect from someone who spends $800 on a DPMS, adds a NC Star scope in a Crapco mount?" It was cheap!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Haaaaaa, too true. Many of us know what we don't know, some don't know what they don't know!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by weaselsRus
Might consider sending your factory trigger to Bill Springfield, he seems pretty reasonable.

I bought a new Single stage Trigger kit from Bill for $99.00 shipped .It works great and breaks at 3 1/4 Lbs.Took about 10 min.to pull the old trigger and install this one. grin

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rost495
And the above trigger for a cheap 59 bucks will fail at some point. Beware of trigger jobs on the AR... I"ve been shooting versions of them since the early 80s, and seriously, IE to the tune of 20K rounds a year from 89 through 2004.. the WORST thing you can do is the above.

not everyone shoots 20K rounds a year. I have never replaced a trigger in any of my several AR15s. Factory trigger does a good job for me.

Sam......

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Yep, a factory trigger is fine.

BUT the cheapy trigger jobs on factory triggers ask for it. I had one of mine go in less than 1200 rounds according to my data books. The other one was not nearly as good a job and almost lasted a whole barrel(5000) before it started doubling.

I know some will never fire 1200 rounds in their lives, but this cheap trigger job junk is NOT your factory trigger, its your trigger messed with in an UNSAFE way.

Some folks understand what surface hardening is. Some also understand design parameters. Some do not adn thats where you get the cheap trigger jobs.

So Sam you are just fine with your factory un monkey'd with trigger.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Wow, that sucks about Bill. Never heard of him, (before the above posts) and for that I'm thankful.

I am using a CMC trigger. I have several hundred rounds through it, but that doesn't make me an expert. I will say that I like it, and it is a noticable improvement over stock.

http://www.cmctriggers.com/

"Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one" -Geffray Mynshul
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Should I just go RRA NM or is there a better option?

The better option is a RRA NM tuned by White Oak Armory. I have one and certainly do like it. I also have a Jard and there are no flies on it, though some will differ.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Sent a rough trigger in to Bill Springfield and then saw all these posts. Made me a little nervous. Got it back in a week.
Ordered the 4 lb service rifle pull he recommended. Put it back in my BCM and checked it with my trigger pull gauge.
Clean crisp break and measureed 64 ounces.
Will have to see how long it lasts but right now I'm a very happy customer.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
RRA, hands down

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
Sent a rough trigger in to Bill Springfield and then saw all these posts. Made me a little nervous. Got it back in a week.
Ordered the 4 lb service rifle pull he recommended. Put it back in my BCM and checked it with my trigger pull gauge.
Clean crisp break and measureed 64 ounces.
Will have to see how long it lasts but right now I'm a very happy customer.

Interesting he would suggest a 4 pound pull as a service rifle pull because they legally have to be 4.5 pounds.

All I can say, be careful, at some point that trigger is going to double on you. And dont' even think about using the method called trophy trigger. It'll generally double on you every time if you run it that way.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by rost495

Interesting he would suggest a 4 pound pull as a service rifle pull because they legally have to be 4.5 pounds.

I miss spoke by calling it a service rifle pull.
This line from his website:
I recommend the 4lbs pull for duty and field rifles, 3lbs works perfectly for long range and target style shooting.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Ah. Got it.

Long range rigs I like at least down to a pound, or even in the Oz range for long range target/hunting.

Like about 1.5 to 2 pounds for hunting but can get by with anything.

Ain't sure on duty/service as if you are running one for the above and let him touch it, your hanging yourself out to dry with liability.

Iv'e shot some stupendous scores in highpower with a 7 pound trigger once at nationals...... long story but it worked....

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I am not LEO just a private citizen, a militia of one.
I don't feel I'm hanging myself out at all.
I feel a heck of a lot better with the trigger Bill reworked than the POS that was in there when I got it.
If it doesn't work out I have a factory trigger from another AR that I replaced with a 3 lb Timney for varmint hunting that I can put in.
You can trash the guy out all you want that is your opinion.
My experience has been very positive so far and if that changes I will own up to it but as of right now it is one sweet trigger.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Apparently no one has heard of JP trigger's. I have one on all of my AR's and have not found better.
I know Jeff has different idea's but just try one and you wont go back.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

421 members (2500HD, 10gaugemag, 21, 160user, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 36 invisible), 2,278 guests, and 1,062 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,508
Posts18,490,691
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.