Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Boxer
The list of things you don't know,wouldn't have fit in noah's ark. Mk1's were both round and fitted for Bill rings,the TG's of the lot of poor design and material,routinely breaking amidship at their juncture.

They never made a mk1 rifle you [bleep] dipshit. Go fishin somewhere else bushler. Doesn't that sound like bullchitter?

The ark would need a couple tankers in tow,to house your ignorance. Alas and much to your chagrin,the tang safety Rugers abound in both receiver configurations cited(round and Bill bases). You are only bullschitting yourself.

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
The list of things you don't know,wouldn't have fit in noah's ark. Mk1's were both round and fitted for Bill rings,the TG's of the lot of poor design and material,routinely breaking amidship at their juncture.

They never made a mk1 rifle you [bleep] dipshit. Go fishin somewhere else bushler. Doesn't that sound like bullchitter?

The ark would need a couple tankers in tow,to house your ignorance. Alas and much to your chagrin,the tang safety Rugers abound in both receiver configurations cited(round and Bill bases). You are only bullschitting yourself.

You're a moron. How long do you think you are going to last this time?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Few are stumped by a MK1 Ruger. Congratulations?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Few are stumped by a MK1 Ruger. Congratulations?

You are funny stick. I'd imagine you're head is only just above the water by a few inches this time. Ark is done sunk and all your ignorance is spewing.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by BWalker
Hang 2oz of lead on the end of your barrel and get back with me on what it does to rifle balance.

At the end of the barrel vs. the action alone???

Wouldn't hanging the weight off the end of the barrel exaggerate the weight due to leverage?

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Imagination is all you have,as evident by your "knowledge" and "experience". Congratulations?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by rahtreelimbs
Hang 2oz of lead on the end of your barrel and get back with me on what it does to rifle balance.

At the end of the barrel vs. the action alone???

Wouldn't hanging the weight off the end of the barrel exaggerate the weight due to leverage?

Many are quick to botch balance and have no inkling on how to arrange same.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
I've never seen a picture of a Ruger bolt separated from its handle or heard of a Ruger needing an ejector spring, breaking an extractor or breaking a trigger or trigger guard or going "Bang" when the safety was released.

I might consider a FN Winnie but when laying down hard earned cash if is usually for a Ruger.

Have had MK2 extractors puke and broken MK1 TG's. All adjustable triggers can be made to fail by the clueless.

That much luck in one person??? Makes me wonder if it is the rifles or simple abuse.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
B
BWalker Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
What you have hear is a bunch of guys poo pooing because they like their poor balanced, crude Rugers and they feel invalidated when some one brings up the facts.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I've never seen a picture of a Ruger bolt separated from its handle or heard of a Ruger needing an ejector spring, breaking an extractor or breaking a trigger or trigger guard or going "Bang" when the safety was released.

I might consider a FN Winnie but when laying down hard earned cash if is usually for a Ruger.

Have had MK2 extractors puke and broken MK1 TG's. All adjustable triggers can be made to fail by the clueless.

That much luck in one person??? Makes me wonder if it is the rifles or simple abuse.

Tough to put wear on things that don't get used,as you could capably quantify. Folks who actually shoot,will reliably resolve shortcomings in the respective system.

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
What you have hear is a bunch of guys poo pooing because they like their poor balanced, crude Rugers and they feel invalidated when some one brings up the facts.

Folks are at the mercy of their "experience",which is seldom a pretty picture,as so eloquently quantified here if only on accident.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

The second coming of swampdouche????????????????

And you feel the 700 is a better rifle but continue to use a 70?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Tough to put wear on things that don't get used,as you could capably quantify. Folks who actually shoot,will reliably resolve shortcomings in the respective system.

You have no idea how much I shoot so your response is just more of your bullshit, of which there is no shortage.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
You shoot "enough" to be amazingly clueless.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You shoot "enough" to be amazingly clueless.

Back to the "time out" list for you, [bleep], for the third time.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Only you can prevent you from saying something stupid and proving how "much" you shoot and it is rather fortunate for the masses that you are incapable of refrain.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Different strokes.............crude Rugers never bothered me..........always liked them !

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I've Ruger familiarity and accept them for what they are. Light or bulletproof they are not,though curiously enough they are oft maligned by the masses for "accuracy" woe which I've yet to see. Though of course I shoot a bit,which do tend to tip numerous scales.

B
BWalker Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by MagMarc

The second coming of swampdouche????????????????

And you feel the 700 is a better rifle but continue to use a 70?

Since your reading comprehension is poor I will reiterate what I said. The remington 700 balances better than a model 70 and is very smooth cycling. The Ruger 77 is neither smooth cycling or well balanced.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Boxer- asking that question will inevitably get you someone referring to CRF as a must for a dangerous game rifle. Perhaps massive cartridges require it -I don't know. Push feeds have proven their reliability to the point it is pretty much moot in my opinion. In a deer or target or varmint rifle it is all but meaningless to me. A big extractor and strong bolt are never a bad thing but for me it is more likely a concern regarding a stuck case than a charging rhino. I have both and prefer the silkier actions of a push feed. Someone mentioned the much maligned A-bolts- try and find something faster cycling for a follow up shot. If Lee Harvey had used an A-bolt there would have never been a second gun man theory. Three shots would be a gimme.

The A-Bolts are a much underappreciated workhorse. Tough to stop a Marine.
you are in agrement with many other s around here

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (8MMX57JS, Akhutr, ak_Rick, 9 invisible), 908 guests, and 811 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,101
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.