I was at the Minnesota State Fair the other day and the Minnesota Elk Breeders Association was handing out Elk Recipies. I don't know if their farm grown elk tastes any different than wild elk, but I thought I would transfer a few of their recipies here for those lucky hunters who would like to try them.

One that caught my eye was this Salisbury Steak Deluxe

1 can of cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
1 tbsp of mustard
2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp horseradish
1 egg
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 lbs ground elk
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley

In a bowl combine the soup, mustard, worcestershire, and horseradish. In another bowl lightly beat the egg. Add the bread crumbs, onion, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup of the soup mixture to the egg. Add the ground elk, and mix well. shape into six patties. in a large skillet brown the patties. pour the remaining soup mixture mixed with the water over the patties. cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes. remove patties and spoon the sauce over the patties. sprinkle with the parsley. serve warm.

Another one that looked good was this Elk Steak Marinade

3 tbsp of canola oil (probably any kind of oil)
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp pepper
1 1/2 pounds of elk steak

mix all of the marinade ingredients together in a bowl. Put the elk steaks in a large zip lock bag (or any plastic bag I would think). Pour the marinade over the steaks and seal the bag.
refrigerate for at least 4 hours, turning it at least once to make sure that it gets into both sides. Drain the marinade and grill steaks to desired doneness. Make sure and let the steaks rest a bit under a tent of foil before serving them so that the juices stay in the meat.

Amd finely, these Elk Kabobs look good too.

2-3 pounds of elk steak cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
cherry tomatoes
whole mushrooms
oneion sliced into bite sized pieces
greeen pepper sliced into bite sized pieces
zuchini sliced into bite sized pieces

marinade
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup red wine
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp couse ground pepper
2-3 garlic cloves (crushed)
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce

mix the marinade. add the meat cubes. marinate in the fridge for 3-4 hours.

alternate the meat with the vegetables on skewers. grill or broil, turning often so you don't burn one side. baste with additional olive oil if needed. be careful not to overcook so they get dry.

Obviously, all of these things are to taste. Change them to how you like them!!!!