Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 728 of 1,842 1 2 726 727 728 729 730 1841 1842
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
We have a ranch lined up that lets us hunt. We are down on the Ne. state line. Have hunted this area the last two years but this the is the first buck tag. Three of us got 8 last year but our third passed away this spring so just two of us this year.

GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Lope goat hunt is on my list. Envious! grin

Well I'm heading to camp by myself. I might take one dog.

And I'm taking the "Morleen Diggler" to camp chickenbuck.

It's way overdue.

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
"Morlene Diggler"??????Vas is das?
Linda and I are going to the Virginia mountains this weekend.Some old friends bought a cabin hiiiigggghhhhh up on top of a mountain.Gonna sit on the rear deck at dusk and drink fine wine.We were there in July.It was 95 degrees down in the valley and 60 degrees up on the mountain then.Ought to be downright delicious this weekend.
We may go to the nearby Hillsville,Virginia labor day flea market.The whole town turns into a gun show.More guns that I ever saw before the last time we went.
I hope everyone here has a great Labor Day.
Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
What a beautiful night at camp. It's cooling off really nice tonight, gonna sleep good. The morleen diggler is finally at camp.

Bit of history on the diggler. It was given to me by a dear friend I used to work with. He was a business/career mentor to me and I miss him very much.

The "diggler" is actually a dagger. It was a joke really. We were looking at all the zoomy goofy knives in a "cheaper than dirt" catalog one day and we spotted a horrible knife called "the mongolian warlord dagger".

We laughed our asses off and joked about how we should buy them and show up sporting them as new hunting knives at our deer camps. Eventually we decided the mongolian warlord daggers would be sort of a punishment/prize for shooting the first deer at our individual camps. The guy to shoot the first deer would have to surrender his regular knife and wear the mongolian dagger until someone else shot a deer.

Well my buddy ordered 2 mongolian warlord daggers and didn't tell me about it. He surprised me one year when he gave me one as a Christmas present. He then told me he had got himself one as well for his camp. grin

The dagger is horrible and goddy. With a metal decotative sheath, gold chains, a tassel, serpent handle.. It's really something.

My oldest boy now 14 couldn't say "mongolian warlord dagger" when he was younger. He shortened the name down to "morleen diggler". And the name stuck like a chickenbuck. Lol!

So, that's the scoop on morleen diggler. Fellow chickenbuckers will have to compete with me for the honor of wearing the morleen diggler. grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
We have what we call a traveling trophy at our camp. It is a redneck jeep with two rednecks and a deer strapped over the hood. Push a button and you get a couple of country songs. Goes to the biggest deer killed. At camp this year will be a full sized deer target on the wall with arrows pointing to the kill zone and a big red circles with a line through them over the front knees and a sign to them saying "not here". If anyone remembers we had a knee shooting incident last year. I posted it last year after deer season, it is a good read for giggles.

This is posted from Lake McDugal N.F. campground and the day is beautifull. 72 and mostly sunny

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Its cool and cloudy at camp chickenbuck this morning. I can see my breath.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I bet that gets the blood flowing ND!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
this morning was cool here too, we went prairie dog hunting yesterday, and with the added trigger time, it really set the mood for fall and hunting season. I got my SD antelope tags in the mail today so I am PUMPED! bring on the cold weather!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
What loper area did you get? I will be down in Fall county for the opener. Did you get a buck tag?

Deer cams are up. Wife and I put 5 out this morning and even saw a deer.

It is a very nice evening 56 degrees with a few clouds and a light wind. They say might get some frost tonight.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Sorry... That is Fall River County...

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'm tapped out. 2 days hard workin out at the cabin.

We got the road fixed up pretty nice (probably nicer than it's ever been). We got water coming out of our sand point/pitcher pump well, fixed the out house door and mowed the area by Pam's stand.

It sure was nice out there though, a hint of fall in the air for sure.

Some shots of our "well" project.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

we hit water for sure.

[Linked Image]

dig a little deeper by hand..

[Linked Image]

our plastic garbage can drilled and filled with rock.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This is just for wash water at camp.

And a few shots of the pole frame wood shed project at home. Is this Ice auger abuse?

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/album%202/IMG_2136.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/album%202/IMG_2147.jpg[/img]

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TJAY
Sorry... That is Fall River County...

I live in fall river county, zone 27A is where I drew

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Day Light in the swamp boys! 45* here this morning with a high of 65*. I love it! The weather service has issued frost warnings for Northern WI tonight.

Rainy and windy here all weekend.

Interesting project Dave. We tried several times to drive a point at camp and failed everytime.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
35 here at Lake McDougal this morning. Feels great..

Colorado1135. Maybe we can meet for a cup or cold one when I am out there. I will buy and you can meet my hunting partner from Rapid. He is always looking for hunting partners and places to go.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
that would be great! always like to meet new people

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Its cool and cloudy at camp chickenbuck this morning. I can see my breath.

I could see my breath last night at my Mom's cabin. It was a fantastic night. Everone else went to be and I just sat out at the fire and listened to the quiet.

Lots of pics, will do so later. We had a blast this weekend. Shooting, fishing, 4-wheeling. I don't think we could have packed anymore fun into this weekend if we tried. Lots of tired people at our house tonight. They need to rest up, it's the first day of school tomorrow.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Cool Dave. What the heck were we doing wrong getting consistant water from that pump? How far did you have to dig?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
mad mad mad

I spoke too soon. I did something wrong when I downloaded my pictures from my camera and they're gone....all of them. frown

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had a workout at the shack too. Was cutting a fenceline when I punched my Husqvarna chainsaw into my thigh. 18 stitches (three on the inside)and I was back the next day to finish the job. With Kevlar chaps this time...

Wood is Good.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
road improvements.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

here's the once "muddy corner"

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

Page 728 of 1,842 1 2 726 727 728 729 730 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

99 members (6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, achlupsa, 35, 5 invisible), 1,535 guests, and 826 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,323
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.