Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I was standing at a campfire at Friendship Indiana and someone said a plane had flown into the world trade center, but nothing else. I presumed a pipe cub or something, and didn't learn what had really happened till I got home two days later. Hit me so hard I actually collapsed on the floor. Could not believe something like this had happened in our country. And to think there are still people around who don't understand Islam and it's feelings toward everyone and thing NOT Islam.

It was actually evening of that day,when I heard about it as was shooting muzzle loader matches all day (Friendship Indiana is the home of the National Muzzle Loading Rifle association and we were shooting the fall matches)

Last edited by ghost; 09/09/11.

Ghost

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was sitting in my 7th grade history classroom waiting for class to start and our teacher turned the tv on when he heard about it. The other half of the 7th grade class came over from the math classroom and we all sat there and watched it. I can remember the 2nd plane hitting the tower and eventually watching it fall down. Makes me mad thinking about it and breaks my heart for all those innocent people and their families.

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bubbajay
even though it looks like it, I swear it did not follow me in.

No, but you forgot to wipe your shoes off!!! wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Where were you on the morning of 9-11?

Sitting in my recliner, watching the morning news on TV, recovering from a stroke. At the first report (that an airplane had flown into the World Trade Center), I remembered when a B-25 had flown into the Empire State Building one Saturday morning in 1945 and assumed "accident" � then watched the second 747 hit the other tower and knew that the two crashes were not accidents but attacks � and guessed (accurately, as it turned-out) who was responsible.

I just sat there in angry horror, doing absolutely nothing to remedy the problem, of course, so according to a stupid popular allegation about many other folks' pet problems, I'm part of it.

Forgive me, Lord!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
I was at my then-pad, two miles, give or take, from where ten of the filthy vermin got on planes at Boston's Logan to carry out their cowardly attacks. I remember groggily having my wake up smoke and first sip of coffee, and turning the news on. Not a minute later I watched live footage of the second tower being hit. I immediately tried phoning an old friend I knew worked in lower Manhattan. I didn't get through. I later learned that she was there, not a mile from the towers when the first plane hit. That friend is now my wife. I'll never, ever forget that day, or how I felt. I still shed tears for those innocents murdered that day, and I shall never, ever forgive.

I would assume most know that some of the hijackers trained in arizona. Those here lived about a mile or so from my house, and one of them worked in a service station not far from my house. One of my clients remembered him from the pictures after the attack. It's a surreal feeling. Any dog religion that condons that kind of behavior i don't have much use for.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I heard about it on my way to a new job. Later that morning we were in a restaurant watching the news when the real enormity hit me.

One thing that stands out for me were the firemen who raised that fallen flag. Reported that day, but since lost and not mentioned, they were immediately ordered to take that flag down by an asst chief. The words in response were a definite and blunt NO!

That galvanized the fifth rule in my life - Do Not Mess With My Flag or My Country. Neither one runs and I will not either.

Last edited by Colo_Wolf; 09/09/11.

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by okok
I was on vacation with my GF in Whistler B.C. I woke up in the village there to grab some Starbucks, came back to the hotel room and turned on the T.V. The second plane was just hitting the second tower....It was like a bad dream. mad

I remember telling my GF that things will drastically change in the future. We sat there for hours watching, we felt really helpless being out of the country and all. Sorrow turned to anger and we said fugg it, were going on our mountain bike trip we had planned. Didn't have fun at all, came back and watched more news coverage. We ended up being stranded there for 3 extra days, due to the border being shut down. Typing this makes me madder than hell....care to share your story?

I was working that day. My wife told me when I got up, "the world has changed forever". Was glued to the TV before I left... to the radio on the way in... and we ran the TV all day at work.

Part of what made it so depressing was knowing that many, many more people would die as a direct result of this. And so they did.

GWB had been sleepwalking up to that point. He woke up. Too bad.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Was on duty in my city in WNY..........Ladder Co. Morning was quite busy runnin a sorts of EMS calls.....had just backed the fly car in from yet another run, got out and my Batt. Chief( also my father ) came runnin out saying the Towers had been hit by planes....we thought he was joking till I saw the look of horror on his face......Stood in kitchen that morning and watched the news.....we went on immediate lockdown, started activating response plans to assist FDNY.......had a steady stream of off duty and retired firefighters, cops...medics coming in.....citizens coming in just to hang out with us...to offer condolences for the Brotherhood........remember the feelings of being gutpunched over and over....and vowing never to forget.....or forgive. Lost several friends that day....

REST IN PEACE my Brothers.......

To all Sept 11 2001 victims.........you will never be forgotten.

" ALL GAVE SOME....SOME GAVE ALL"

Never forget the 346......

" SO OTHERS MAY LIVE........"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was sitting in the barber's chair. I came home and started watching TV. I invited the mailman in to watch, when he came by. I watched all day. Wifey still talks about what a wreck that I was on her arrival from work.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was building a block basement a few miles out of Douglas WY in the Chalk Buttes area. We were still starting as soon as we could see in the mornings, so around 6:00 am. We needed carpenters to show up and build us window and door bucks, and had told them the day before they needed to do that as soon as they got there around 8:00. My boss was also supposed to show up with another trailer full of block -- we knew he had it already, we had seen it sitting loaded in the motel parking lot when we went to work that morning. I also needed to ask the future homeowner some questions when he got there.

At 8:00 no carpenters, block, electricians, or anybody else was showing up. We laid all the block on the job site, in places that we could, and before we knew it it was nearly noon and still not a soul had came out to the job yet. I was thinking this is pretty weird, but had no idea what was going on. I decided to run back into town, and see what was up with the boss, or get the block trailer myself -- I had a small crew that I was responsible for, drawing block layer and hod carrier wages, and not a single block on the job. About half way to town I passed my boss going the other way and turned around and went back to the job.

He got out of his truck and started telling us what he had saw on TV. We didn't believe him at first. He said when he first saw it, he wasn't really paying much attention, but had glanced over and saw a plane hit the first tower, and thought it was a movie or something. Then he turned up the volume and couldn't believe what he was seeing either.

He was still stunned from the first plane and watching the news when the second plane hit. He finally decided to come out and tell us -- we unloaded the block trailer and went back to town-- there would be no carpenters, electricians, plumbers, etc there for us to work with that day, and we were kinda stuck to keep going without covering them up. So we shut down at noon and spent the rest of the day in the motel room, or the tavern across the street from it, watching the news.

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I was down on the south fork of the Stanislaus river dredging.
We woke up to heavy overcast skies that at times was spitting little drops & turned on the radio to try getting a weather update & decide whether to dredge or go in to town for supplies...the first thing I noticed was that the local guy wasn't on...you could tell by the voice, it was a national type news person...as we listened, it became obvious why...the first plane had hit the tower & details were sketchy...

Like Kennedys assination, it's a day I'll never forget...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was at work,evrerybody stood around the break room tv and watched the second plane hit the tower.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
[quote=okok]GWB had been sleepwalking up to that point. He woke up. Too bad.

An assumption based on what has been released for public consumption only. What has come to light of previous administrations shows there is a lot we don't/won't/will never know about GWB dealing with his work.

On the other hand, our current transparent top dog daily shows what he is incapable of, along with his true capabilities as the current Moron in Charge.

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was in a vehicle with my supervisor traveling to do preliminary work on upcoming projects. We didn't have the radio on, but his wife called him on his cell phone to tell him what happened. I had just flown back from Alaska a week earlier.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I was working nights at the time and was asleep....when the phone rang. It was my ex-wife who said..."Turn on the TV....NOW!!" and hung up.

The only time I'd gotten a call like that....with almost the same message.....was when the Shuttle blew up. I "knew" this was important!

When I turned on the TV, the first plane had hit the towers. At the time everyone thought this was an "accident". As I watched I saw a plane in the background turning over the city. My first thought was..."Why is that plane flying so low over a populated area....That's illegal".

Then it turned and crashed into the second tower and we knew......This is NOT a random accident!! At the time we didn't know how widespread this "event" was. Was the next target the Golden Gate Bridge??? Was it the refineries along the Gulf Coast??? What was next!!

In reflection everyone over reacted.....but at the time it was frightening. We were NOT being invaded and we were NOT at danger...but it was an uncertain time.

I hate change, it's never for the better.... Grumpy Old Men
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by TexasRick

In reflection everyone over reacted...

Over reacted???

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Camp Doha, Kuwait.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was in college, I had just walked into the Bookstore to buy a lab manual I needed for Plant industries management Lab. I walked out and saw the report of the first plane hitting, got back to class and told the teacher. someone else came in and said a second plane hit, we all left the classroom and went to the closest student center TV. we stayed in there with most of the other people in the building in shock at what we were witnessing.

My Dad was Elk hunting in Colorado, he didn't find out about it til 2 or 3 days after

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had gone by to visit one of the pastors at my church. Walked into his office and he told me that a plane had flown into the WTC. We started talking duck hunting and watched the second fly into it live. It wasn't until then that we realized that something was very wrong.

Teach every child you meet the importance of forgiveness. It's our only hope of surviving their wrath once they realize just how badly we've screwed things up for them.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
At work started my apprenticeship as an electrician a few months before. Licensed out as a Master Electrician last year. Hoping to become an Electrical Inspector for the State of Colorado soon.

Clos

NRA Life Member

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 1234, 160user, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 67 invisible), 2,415 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,320
Posts18,487,413
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.