Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 736 of 1,842 1 2 734 735 736 737 738 1841 1842
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone
Dave,

We were just at the gun shop by home here and the dude that runs it has a camp NE of Grygla. I thought that was kinda cool. He said he was up for the early goose season and put 400 miles on the truck in a few days looking for deer and saw 3. eek

He wasn't real impressed with the deer situation.

I counted 10-12 deer in the section (square mile) that I live. Plenny of venny for my freezer this fall!

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by TJAY
Looks like the fire has missed deer camp. Looks like it stayed north and east. Unless they get a strong NE wind my area should be ok.

Good news TJAY. The cold weather and SNOW/rain slowed it down to a crawl. As of last night it grew by a 1/4 mile yesterday.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Originally Posted by TJAY
Looks like the fire has missed deer camp. Looks like it stayed north and east. Unless they get a strong NE wind my area should be ok.

good to hear your stompin grounds are safe, fire is bad in the short term but long term can and will work wonders. it will probably push a lot of deer your way since they lost their regular ground to the fire, could make for a great season!

It will be silly with game there in the next few years. Relitively speaking.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
First frost of the season here this AM.

Frost on the pumpkin here this AM, Bill. That should just about do it for the mosquitos and ragweed. That makes me smile like heck.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
A fine 22degrees i seen on the truck this morning. a bit of frost, pulled the pumpkin patch last night. got some treats for them critters now too.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My daughter informed me last night that some boys at school told her she couldnt deer hunt....well throwing that gauntlet down has gotten this girl all fired up to lay the smack down again.

She has just not had the interest in it the last couple of years. So now I have all three kids going. Hoping I can farm one of them off on the land owner to sit with or else the stand is gonna be quite cozy.

Then this morning she drops on me her friends and her want to go goose hunting with us. I am about to go find these boys who are telling her off and shuting them up permanently before they cost me more money...:)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
ah, its good she's getting into it again, plus its an excuse to buy more guns smile

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I dont mind her hunting again just the expenses, lol. Trying to get all these dang kids armed up and now my oldests possible significant other as well is getting a bit much.

May need to start ordering those three barrel sets from Rossi in single shots, lol.

Been seeing and hearing of a lot of rubs this last couple days. This morning it was like the deer were on crack runing all over the place. One of my buds was out goose hunting and had a small fork horn take offense with his decoys and stomped them pretty good hope the cell pics turned out.

Mmmhmmm frost is in the air....

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Expenses...pfffft. I was at the gun/bow shop last night looking for a bow both of the kids could shoot until the get bigger. the dude was trying to sell me a Mission made by Matthew for $475. He was telling me how nice they are and how they can shoot them forever because they go up tp 70# draw weight and 29" DL.

He then wanted to set two for me, one for each kid. crazy I'm not dropping a $1K on two bows for a 6 and an 8yo. Of course the kids were with me and were concerned that I wansn't going to buy them on the spot.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P

Heading to Green Bay Friday for Fleet Farms annual fall sports show over at the Lambeau Field attrium.

Well dang if that doesn't sound like a bit of heaven on earth! Will they go for the trifecta and serve beer, too?

Support your local brewer.
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Pointbock

Heading to Green Bay Friday for Fleet Farms annual fall sports show over at the Lambeau Field attrium.

Well dang if that doesn't sound like a bit of heaven on earth! Will they go for the trifecta and serve beer, too?

See if the puke stain is still there from my daughter, will ya Bill? It should be right on the emblem on the carpet when you walk into the pro shop. grin

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Did a little range time this morning. Getting two ready for the loper hunt. Got the 264 Win. and the 6mm Rem set to go. Ran them both over the chrono and a final site in. Next trip will be to do a liitle shooting from the 200 off sticks or bipods. It 45 degrees at the range and felt great.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
do you handload for the 264?

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave

Well, I'm not a big guy, never been a big guy, but I was a very angry average sized guy with some pretty sharp boxing skills at the time & a fully lit raging temper...

So, I went through the place & cleaned house. kind of over did it actually. I could only see out of my left eye because my right eye vision was blocked by a bloody shard of glass stuck in my face. police & ambulance sirens were getting closer as the last man fell. They were loading beaten bullies into ambulances as i got into our rental car with my friends who so kindly drove me to the "good hospital"

OK, so every year I read this thing cover to cover, (don't ask) and when I get to this part ^^^^^^^^^^ I cracks me up to the point where I have to pee a little. I can picture ND going through the house knocking MOFO's out left and right, then looking at Ma and saying, "huh, kinda went a little too far on that one." grin

Makes me smile like heck.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave

So, I went through the place & cleaned house. kind of over did it actually. I could only see out of my left eye because my right eye vision was blocked by a bloody shard of glass stuck in my face. police & ambulance sirens were getting closer as the last man fell. They were loading beaten bullies into ambulances as i got into our rental car with my friends who so kindly drove me to the "good hospital"

I was in fair spirits when we arrived, at the er desk i jokingly requested "a room for the night"

This makes me ROR almost as much.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
oh lord, me and my loose typing fingers...

That was literally decades ago you know.....

shocked

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Oh I know. In fact you stated that in your post, but I left it out of the quote. It still makes me smile.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
In case you'all are wondering why I read this cover to cover about this time of year is because this thread started at a time when I was pretty down in my life.

My job sucked, one of my best friends, Lucas was dying from a cancer at the age of 26, and I was pretty sure I was getting my walking papers from Mrs. tzone.

This thread made me smile at a time when it was tough for me to do so.

This is the time of year when Luke went into the hospital and didn't ever get to come home. I still get sad when I think about it, but I think about him and miss him nearly every day, so I read this...and it still works.

OK, enough sappy stuff. Get back to your regularly scheduled program.

Last edited by tzone; 09/15/11.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Dave

I handload almost all my hunting ammo. For the loper hunt I am using 100 Nosler BTs. I got 1000 Hornady interbonds on sale earlier this year and have been trying to find a good load for them.

Have you loaded any for yours?

Last edited by TJAY; 09/15/11.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I don't think there are too many here that can't relate in their own way with their own losses.

Here's to your budy Lucas.

Litle Mr Chickenbuck and I just got back from checking on the cabin. All is well, the now 4 year old camp looks great. We found someone's rattle bag from last year in Pam's enclosed stand, it's in the cabin for the owner to claim. We got a few nice new pics off Nate's camera, I decided to load my old junker camera up with new batteries and a card and we set that one up too.

The trail looks better than ever, it's all just really good.

Something clever here.

Page 736 of 1,842 1 2 734 735 736 737 738 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 19 invisible), 1,621 guests, and 890 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,290
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.