-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
i just got a marlin 1894 cowboy in .45 colt it does not feed it jams on the ramp. This gun is NIB and the only one I could find in the short barrel, help!

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Go to marlinowners......

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
factory rounds or reloads?

Perserverance is a virtue,,,unless your an idiot
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
both

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

The end of the barrel, where the round enters the chamber, probably has a sharp edge that is catching and causing the brass to hang. A gun smith can repair it in a few minutes or you can do it if you have the tools.

IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Is this a current mfg, new Marlin, or is it an older model?

DF

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
turns out it wasn't "timed" right the dealer who is also a marlin warrenty buff, fixed it and tuned it for no charge, now I love this gun

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
+1 for a good dealer who gives a ___ and knows his product. Better stay with that one.

The reason I asked if it was a current Rem/Marlin, I've heard some nightmare stories about QC with some of their latest production. Makes me glad all my Marlins are older ones.

If I was looking to buy another Marlin, I'd hunt for an older model, probably pre-safety.

IMHO,

DF

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

I don't mind the cross bolt safety, although I do prefer the older one as Dirtfarmer suggest, but any gun made after about 2007 or whenever Marlin sold out, is certainly not up to the Marlin standard. The Remington move was in 2009 but the sell out was a couple of year before that and the new owners had little interest in quality.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
+1 for a good dealer who gives a ___ and knows his product. Better stay with that one.

The reason I asked if it was a current Rem/Marlin, I've heard some nightmare stories about QC with some of their latest production. Makes me glad all my Marlins are older ones.

If I was looking to buy another Marlin, I'd hunt for an older model, probably pre-safety.

IMHO,

DF

he eliminated the safty when he tuned it

Last edited by WyoCowboy; 10/15/11.

IC B3

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by WyoCowboy
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

IMHO,

DF

he eliminated the safty when he tuned it

ok dumb question but....but that is not what fixed the jamming problem right? What exactly was the remediation?

Has anyone sent a Marlin back to the Ohio factory for work? I hear they are still good.

Thanks

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Ohio factory? Just curious about that statement. I have had major problems with a 2010 Marlington 1894. I bought it new in a sealed box from Cablea's in 2010 with most of the screws buggered and missing an extractor. Several calls to Remington (Kentucky)and two years later received an ejector not extractor from Illion NY. The Kentucky people were nice and honest but the whole Marlington experience is a nightmare. Still waiting on an extractor!!!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 49 invisible), 2,019 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,763
Posts18,495,552
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.