T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
J elky
Lopers in South Dakota.

Berettaman
good luck with bow

I can not get to my cameras. The fire has the roads closed to that area. When they open the roads it will be road trip time to check them.

GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by northern_dave
We found someone's rattle bag from last year in Pam's enclosed stand, it's in the cabin for the owner to claim.

whistle

I figured it was from muzzle loader season! grin

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

The 8 pointer...i dont like how his rack tips in...kinda ugly.

[Linked Image]

I think the next 2 are the same buck...the 10 pointer

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
PBR and 2 big butcher shop T-bones are heading to camp fishinbuck.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
You sound like a chick.... "I don't like how the rack tips in, lets shoot a different one." grin

I kinda like how it tips in, but if you're doing qdm, I'd pass that guy up. He looks like he has a lot of growing to do. They tend to be bigger than you think when they curve like that.

What do you think, 14-15" wide? Hard to tell, your pics are kinda small on there. I'd like to see more of that bottom one.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
i dont know how to make my pics bigger....all my pics are like that. genetics, I guess. confused any ideas anyone?

well chic or not, i dont like tipped in racks...on deer. i might shoot him to get him out of the gene pool. the other one has a beautiful shape to my eyes. on the other hand, there might be 2 other ones. i hope so. they should wear name tags. more pics to come i hope. oh, see if anyone can tell me what happens to his rack....see these two pictures below taken 28 seconds apart.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The image on the computer screen can be enlarged by holding down the Ctrl key and the + sign at the same time to enlarge the image on the screen for viewing. To return to the orignial screen size, hold down the Ctrl and - keys at the same time.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Berettaman
oh, see if anyone can tell me what happens to his rack....see these two pictures below taken 28 seconds apart.

It shrunk.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Hey Tzone you going bow opener tomm.. On that farm by your place...

Keep us posted...

Be cool if a guy got a nice buck in velvet....

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
No. That fell through. I had a feeling it would so I didn't even buy a lisc. I asked her if I could come out and take another look around and she told me her brothers said nobody could hunt there.

I just have a funny feeling that something like that would happen, so I didn't buy my tag. Not a huge deal. I'll be working more and more now that fall is closing in so I'm taking my time off for the gun season.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm going to hit the brush with my brother in law to fix up some deer stands and swat some grouse if we can, next weekend. I'd like to get two or three more spots pegged down for different winds and to see some different brush.

Gophergunner and his boy are going to hunt with my BIL and I so I'd like to get them a chance at a deer.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Good luck fishinbuckers.

We'er headed to Vegas. If I don't return I either won it big or I'm hog tied on a roof top baking in the sun.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tom's been really busting his arse trying to make this a good hunt for us. In that vein, we're headed to the rifle range today with all our deer shootin' irons to make sure we do our part when the opportunity presents its self. We won't be headed up next weekend with Tom-my daughter's got a softball tournament in Iowa and we've been contacted by about a dozen schools who are interested in seeing her pitch next weekend. We're hoping she can play college ball, and this is the next step in her realizing that dream. I get a true rush out of watching her work when she's really got her pitches dialed in. There's nothing like a chin-high inside fastball at 65 m.p.h. to back a batter out of the box followed by a big breaking curveball that just screws her into the ground as she flails away at it. Can't wait to watch her work, and talk to the college scouts!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Tom's been really busting his arse trying to make this a good hunt for us. In that vein, we're headed to the rifle range today with all our deer shootin' irons to make sure we do our part when the opportunity presents its self. We won't be headed up next weekend with Tom-my daughter's got a softball tournament in Iowa and we've been contacted by about a dozen schools who are interested in seeing her pitch next weekend. We're hoping she can play college ball, and this is the next step in her realizing that dream. I get a true rush out of watching her work when she's really got her pitches dialed in. There's nothing like a chin-high inside fastball at 65 m.p.h. to back a batter out of the box followed by a big breaking curveball that just screws her into the ground as she flails away at it. Can't wait to watch her work, and talk to the college scouts!

I've always been amazed at how fast those girls can sling a softball. I remember Jenny Finch on the Letterman show. Dave took her up to the roof of the building and had her sling softballs through the windows of the building next door.

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, Jenny's a beast, and easy on the eyes too. My daughter's had her poster up on the ceiling above her bed for many years now.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Pointbock
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill

Heading to Green Bay Friday for Fleet Farms annual fall sports show over at the Lambeau Field attrium.

Well dang if that doesn't sound like a bit of heaven on earth! Will they go for the trifecta and serve beer, too?

They did!

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Pointbock
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill

Heading to Green Bay Friday for Fleet Farms annual fall sports show over at the Lambeau Field attrium.

Well dang if that doesn't sound like a bit of heaven on earth! Will they go for the trifecta and serve beer, too?

See if the puke stain is still there from my daughter, will ya Bill? It should be right on the emblem on the carpet when you walk into the pro shop. grin

Didn't see it Tom. Maybe they change the carpet.

Picked up some great buys at the show, including a side of beed (Long story). Ran into 3 guys that my late brother worked with in the sporting goods industry. It was great to see them and spent a good deal of time with them rememising about my brother.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by TJAY
T
For my 243s I have one that likes 85 gr TSX with 46 gr. Ramshot Hunter and a federal 210. It does not care which case. The other I just started working with and it likes Imr 4350 41.5 gr. & 95 gr. Nosler Partition. 1/2" but only 2680 fps. It also does well with IMR7828 45.5 gr and same bullet. This is 1 1/4" load but 2900 fps. Iam going to work with the latter one a little I think it will do a little better. Not that I need it for my area but I would like to shave 1/4 or more off.

That sounds like a great spot to set up.

I did miss three... 338-06 and 8mm mauser and 308 win

TJAY, have you tried H4350? It eliminates the temperature sensitivity issue that IMR 4350 has. I switched my 06 over to H4350 and noticed a slight group improvement. Powder weights are slightly different so you would have to start over with load developement.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
A couple of photos to share.

Scooping bait for the day with my little helper.

[Linked Image]

Here we are departing for the boat check Sunday morning (day 2)

[Linked Image]

It was a wet miserable day weatherwise while we were on the water Sunday. Pam and the kids met us at the dock as we came in with our one and only fish for the day. It was a repeat of day 1. Well at least we got a couple that measured long enough to bring to weigh in. Many teams went zero for both days.

[Linked Image]

The little wanted to carry the fish bag up to weigh in for us.

[Linked Image]

Up at the scale.

rflshtr will recognize the guy in the red sweatshirt, that's Denny.

[Linked Image]

It was a great weekend and I'm already looking forward to next year's tournament.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Dusty got himself a new saw to keep his 45 year old Jonsered company.

[Linked Image]

Dusty also wanted me to post up a picture of his new .223

[Linked Image]

It's a savage with a Swift scope, I don't recall the exact model of the rifle but he offered this target as proof of accuracy.

[Linked Image]

That's 6 rounds fired from 100 yds...

By his 11 year old grand daughter. grin

Not too shabby for the second youngest chickenbuck camp member and BWCA expert camper nicknamed "splashy".

Something clever here.

Page 738 of 1,842 1 2 736 737 738 739 740 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

161 members (35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 338reddog, 308xray, 16penny, 27 invisible), 2,016 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,268
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.