Hop To
Page 739 of 1,842 1 2 737 738 739 740 741 1841 1842
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Yeah, Jenny's a beast, and easy on the eyes too. My daughter's had her poster up on the ceiling above her bed for many years now.

What a conincedence... whistle

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Dave -

What kind of rain gear are you and Dusty wearing? Does it breath well or does it make you sweat like a moose with a fever?

Also,
Details on the new Jonesred saw? I'm still in the market for a good light to medium use saw.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It was nice to see you guys yesterday. Hope we can get a wheeler trip set up.

Yesterday went to help Brad's friend put up his new deer stand. We called him when we left the lake and they were stuck (for about 2 hours). We got there and brought the handy man jack and finally got them out. The area where they were stuck reminded me of where Justin put up the Oh Sh#* stand, but more hilly. I drove the 4 wheeler in front of the Bobcat side by side (that had the stand on the trailer)to help pull them up some of the hills. Brad and Larry walked along to make sure the stand stayed on the trailer. Ryan had to cut down 2 trees along the way. We got it to the final destination, got the legs and braces on it. Tried numerous times to get it up, but no luck. We were out there till 8 and called it quits. He is going to take our advice and take the walls and roof off, stand it up, then reassemble it. smile

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N

Originally Posted by Rooster7
Dave -

What kind of rain gear are you and Dusty wearing? Does it breath well or does it make you sweat like a moose with a fever?

Also,
Details on the new Jonesred saw? I'm still in the market for a good light to medium use saw.

I had a rubber ducky suit on with a hooded light "rain coat" that came free with a bushnell 3200 scope. that jacket soaks up water like a paper towel, I have no idea why they called it a rain jacket.

I think Dusty's saw is a CS 2152.

Very nice power to weight ratio, 3.3 HP at 11 pounds. Really nice saw.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone
Good luck fishinbuckers.

We'er headed to Vegas. If I don't return I either won it big or I'm hog tied on a roof top baking in the sun.

Good luck! The only reason for me to go back to Vegas would be to visit all the money of left there. smile

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave

Originally Posted by Rooster7
Dave -

Also,

I had a rubber ducky suit on with a hooded light "rain coat" that came free with a bushnell 3200 scope. that jacket soaks up water like a paper towel, I have no idea why they called it a rain jacket.

I think Dusty's saw is a CS 2152.

Very nice power to weight ratio, 3.3 HP at 11 pounds. Really nice saw.

I have been looking at a few different brands and most recently the Stihl MS290 Farm Boss. Lots of mixed reviews on every saw out there it seems. confused

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
probably can't go wrong with jonsered, stihl or dolmar.

You might not be familiar with dolmar as they seem more popular out west. But they have a strong following, built in germany.

Actually if you want a good deal check out makita chainsaws. The makita chainsaw is a dolmar saw with makita's name on it. A 50cc makita (dolmar) should run about $360

Just a thought, the dolmar PS 510 would be the equivelent of the makita 510 if you wanted to look them up.

Both are good mid sized 50cc 3+ HP saws

The 460 makitas and dolmars should run about $325-$330

They are a 45 cc right at or a hair under 3HP.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I am not familiar with dolmar nor had I ever heard that Makita has their name on a chainsaw.

The Echo brand seems to be up there in the rankings with Jonsered and Stihl too

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a small Makita chainsaw (14") that I got from an employee gift catalog about 3 years ago. For being such a small saw, it's done an amazing job on trees that should have been too big for it. I dropped three ~25 year old pine trees out of my front yard. One ran about 30', one 25' and one about 20' (rough guesses on height). While it struggled here and there, it got the job done and has gone on to tackle various other smaller trees.

I've probably worked it harder than it's deserved, but it's been a good saw.

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The local pawn shop is picky about what chain saws he takes in.He will only take Husqvarna,Stihl or Echo.He says that these are the only saws he can resell.I never heard of the other two mentioned above.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Grizzly Bill

I have used H4350 with the 85 gr. TSX with good results. It is also my 7-08 powder with the 140 gr. TSX.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Dolmars are excellent saws. I used to be a stocking Sachs-Dolmar dealer and also ran them as rental equipment. Dolmar had been building Makita badged saws for several years when Makita bought them out. Makita cancelled all the old Sachs dealership agreements, and refused to allow parts and saw orders to be placed on our existing Makita tool account.

We ended up dropping the line because Makita was too unreasonable in their stocking requirements for a new dealership agreement, but the saws were still excellent equipment. I would have no problem recommending them IF there is a stocking parts dealer in your area.

ego operor non tutela
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Husqvarna's cut into your leg real nice. That's all I know.

Wood is Good.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Are you growing some leg meat back yet from where you hamburger'd a notch in yourself?

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I nominate Craig as presenter for the next Chickenbuck safety meeting..."Don't do as I do, do as I say" wink

Hope your feeling better Craig!!!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I second the nomination.

Hope you're feeling better too, are those stitches out yet?

I stabbed myself on a piece of barbed wire yesterday, middle knuckle on left hand, went to the bone. bled like a stuck pig and I can barely move it today. I'm sure there is a lesson in there somewhere, maybe wear gloves?

I got my game cameras hung up yesterday while I was at work. one on a stock tank, and another on a place where we've seen a monster whitetail, I hope I get some pics of him soon. saw about 40 deer. I'll post some pics if I get them checked today. opener is next weekend, then its turkey, does, antelope the next weekend. woohoo! hunting season is here!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Ryan I hope your tetanus is up to date...barbed wire cuts aren't anything to fool around with, all kinds of nastiness.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by 4_S_ter

eek

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 4_S_ter

Hope you're healing right!

The Husqvarna 346XP is supposed to be a screamin demon. Overall probably has the most positive reviews I've read on any saw so far.

The only problem is the price. eek

I want a good reliable saw for medium-ish work. Don't know that I can justify $500 clams for one though!

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
You will probably do just fine with a 350-375 dollar saw.

My old jonsered 2150 would still be screaming if I didn't accidentally throw a log on it and bust the recoil housing. Could have just as well ran it over with the truck.

Something clever here.

Page 739 of 1,842 1 2 737 738 739 740 741 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 54 invisible), 2,260 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,391
Posts18,488,731
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.