Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 747 of 1,842 1 2 745 746 747 748 749 1841 1842
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
We had the winds over here last night. We had gusts over 40 MPH. Sister Bay up in Door County had a gust of 70 MPH.

Over 25,00 homes out of power North of Wausau.

Waiting for the repair guy to call me back. The igniter went out on the oven. Found the orignal paper work. The stove came with a 10 year warrenty on the igniters. Problem is it's 13 years old.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
dang bill, ya'll been havin a not so great fall thus far. last night we cooled off into the 40's, its warmin up today again or so they tell me. Talked to Tjay a few mins ago he will be getting into town here soon, hoping to meet up and have a cup of coffee with him before I have to leave for Wy. they are callin for an end to the indian summer here next week, and I'm ready for it. I like 80 degree days, but not when I want to be huntin.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Yeah Bill, what is going on with your weather over there? Its been sunny and perfect weather here for quite a spell now. Little too warm to bowhunt yet (for me anyway) but I'll take the nice days as long as we can have them. Plenty of bow season left.

Last edited by Rooster7; 09/30/11.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Caramel bars are made, wheelers are loaded, and gettin things packed up. We will hopefully be able to head out of DL by 6:30 p.m. That will be great considering lastnight we didn't even know if Brad would be able to go.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Well after reading several chainsaw reviews on line I fell in love with the Husqvarna 346XP. Its a souped up pro series saw on steroids the way its sounds but unfortunatley its way more saw than I need and its $500.00 +. I don't burn wood for heat but if I ever do I know which saw I'm getting. I have settled on the the Husqvarna 435. It also had over 90% good reviews and its only $269.00. Its not a pro series but it should be plenty of saw for me. Even though I really want the the 346. frown

One dealer told me that the Jonesred and Husqvarna are the same saws. Just different color. Anybody ever heard that before?

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Muffy
Caramel bars are made, wheelers are loaded, and gettin things packed up. We will hopefully be able to head out of DL by 6:30 p.m. That will be great considering lastnight we didn't even know if Brad would be able to go.

I will meet you at the park & ride on hwy 32 for a caramel bar Muffy! smile

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Rooster7
One dealer told me that the Jonesred and Husqvarna are the same saws. Just different color. Anybody ever heard that before?

Kind of a GMC-Chevy thing.

There are differences. Many parts can interchange though.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Last I knew they are. But have not been in the market recently.
The small saws I use are a Jonsered 2050 , husky 345 , and a lil bigger sthil for when I need a bigger saw.

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I will meet you at the park & ride on hwy 32 for a caramel bar Muffy! smile

You know I would but we are going north on 59 so we are not going by the park and ride. smile

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
See you out there, I have to head home to pack the truck.

Everybody have a great weekend.

Something clever here.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
See ya Stan. Good luck with the wedding and have fun on the hunt.

T

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Probably a good thing I didn't go north. I woke up with a head and chest cold. A nice litte return gift I got from my kids I'm sure. They were both sick when we got back from Vegas.

I usually get a Deer Camp Cold, so I hope this is it instead.

If I have to be at work, this a great day to do it. It is about 55* sunny and a breezy. Have fun in the woods Chickenbuckers.

dangitall, I hope to get there before muzzy season but it's not looking like it.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Caramel bars are made,

frown

I'm not sad you made em. I'm sad I can't eat em. Say hi to the crew for me, Muffster.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Ahhh, a beautiful fall afternoon, nice and cool, little wind, the leaves are turning colors big time....and I have a 2 hour conference call for work. I might buy a lottery ticket. at least the pink eye is clearing up a wee bit. hopefully it is enough that i can see to shoot those geese tomorrow again!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Yeah Bill, what is going on with your weather over there? Its been sunny and perfect weather here for quite a spell now. Little too warm to bowhunt yet (for me anyway) but I'll take the nice days as long as we can have them. Plenty of bow season left.

Originally Posted by Colorado1135
dang bill, ya'll been havin a not so great fall thus far. last night we cooled off into the 40's, its warmin up today again or so they tell me. Talked to Tjay a few mins ago he will be getting into town here soon, hoping to meet up and have a cup of coffee with him before I have to leave for Wy. they are callin for an end to the indian summer here next week, and I'm ready for it. I like 80 degree days, but not when I want to be huntin.

It has been a strange fall weather wise here. Nice today. 55* and breezy. We did have a few sprinkles earlier. Supposed to be nice at least until next Wednesday. We're even supposed to get into the low 70's.

The repairman showed up 30 minutes after I called him this AM. $116 later the oven is working great. Now the wife can bake her muffins.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Crap.... My phone has no signal in Hot Springs and I missed Colorado1135 this morning. Will try again Sunday. Saw a bunch of lopers along the road today. Got the blood flowing. Gonna be a fun trip.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Good luck TJAY.

One of the nicest days of the year and I have bad cold. I took Nyquill and slept right through my alarm for work...or I shut it off and went back to sleep. eek

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Every November we go on an annual deer hunt to a certain island out in the PWS. We use a Cabelas Alaknak tent with plenty of tarps for our cook area and hang out spot once it gets dark. The location of our main camp varies every year as we like to explore and hunt different parts of the island, but it always looks like this for the most part:

[Linked Image]

A deer trail next to camp:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Some inside pics:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

It's important to stay hydrated on trips like this as well:

[img]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i144/bearstalker/078.jpg[/img]

The goal:

[img]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i144/bearstalker/085.jpg[/img]

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Cool pics ! I agree hydration is VERY important !! wink

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
wow awesome camp!!

Something clever here.

Page 747 of 1,842 1 2 745 746 747 748 749 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (22250rem, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,469 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,403
Posts18,488,921
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.