-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
"Take Our Country Back" is a popular phrase, and being uttered more and more as the 2012 election looms closer. I'd like to hear what your perception of those words are.

To me, "taking our country back", means changing the perception that government is supposed to be involved in every facet of our lives. That government will coddle us from cradle to grave, that government assistance will be available when we screw up, that government will take care of our every need...etc, ect.

It's about demanding a government that governs based on the will of the people, not special interests. It's about a political class who aren't all filthy rich, but rather, make sacrifices like our men and women in the military, to serve their country.

It's about where all people truly are treated equal under the law, no special privileges or handouts, no class-based redistribution, no elite echelon of politicians who are above the "normal" people of society.

It's about a society where I'm free to do as I wish, but once I screw up, I pay the consequences.

GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
When the day comes that I can walk into a gas station in Philly and purchase a bottle of Jack Daniels and a box of ammo I'll acknowledge victory.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steelhead
When the day comes that I can walk into a gas station in Philly and purchase a bottle of Jack Daniels and a box of ammo I'll acknowledge victory.

Sums it up quite succinctly Scott.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For me it's a return to English as the legal and naturally spoken language by all.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by FOsteology
"Take Our Country Back" is a popular phrase, and being uttered more and more as the 2012 election looms closer. I'd like to hear what your perception of those words are.

To me, "taking our country back", means changing the perception that government is supposed to be involved in every facet of our lives. That government will coddle us from cradle to grave, that government assistance will be available when we screw up, that government will take care of our every need...etc, ect.

It's about demanding a government that governs based on the will of the people, not special interests. It's about a political class who aren't all filthy rich, but rather, make sacrifices like our men and women in the military, to serve their country.

It's about where all people truly are treated equal under the law, no special privileges or handouts, no class-based redistribution, no elite echelon of politicians who are above the "normal" people of society.

It's about a society where I'm free to do as I wish, but once I screw up, I pay the consequences.

Part of the problem is what is deemed a "Screw up". Not wearing a seatbelt, a 15 7/8" barrel on a rifle, a farmer selling extra milk, eggs or produce. There are thousands of laws that if you don't comply, will end with force being used against you, eventually, even if it starts out to be something absurdly minor.

There just has got to be some balance between actual anarchy that no sane person could ever accept & the iron fisted control the statists seek. We are way too far towards the latter & a roll back is needed, badly, because it isn't working out the way it should.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Put the burden of proof on ALL regulators and make Federal Regulations subject to State Courts and adopt "loser pays" in any resulting lawsuits.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The end of career politicians, alphabet departments of the government eliminated or greatly reduced in numbers and power, return to the Constitution as the blueprint for government, deportation of all illegal aliens, fair and reasonable taxation, no lobbyists. That's a start.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Well said FOsteology!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A good start will be returning Christianity to where it's not an obscene word in our government, when we again have freedom OF religion instead of this unconstitutional 'freedom FROM religion'.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
B
What needs to happen is the pepole need to vote out all members of congres and the senate. Start over on no more than eight year term limet for senate and congres to insurans no retirment. No profesienal politsens. The electicted would have to anser to the people.Let the services do what needs to be done with out haveing to play polatics. Line our boarder with soldger. Doaway with lobist and specal intrest groups. Shut down all imports from forine countrys that does no go with a 1-1 ratio import. The biggest one I think is to quit helping other countrys with money and help the people here in the US.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If it means "electing more politicians," then the battle is already lost.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Keep the money I earn... The ruling class does not buy more debt with the tax monies...

People that come here want to be Americans and follow the laws... Press one for an operator... Get back to the "melting pot" idea...

John
=
Waterfowler at hart along with my late Baydog 9/26/20 ..
=
=
Striving to be turdlike.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
RE:OP

Get rid of the assshole in chief, get rid of all wetbacks and their spawn, kill any and all gang members with all possible speed and prejudice,replace with sensible folks responsible to the populace. Carry on repairing the damage from the Liberal dicckweeds like Janine sucksbuffalo (ban them too while we are at it) and carry on....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you don't pay taxes you can't vote!

That right there would go along ways toward stripping the dems of their power base of "victims" who are laying sideways in the public trough.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Steelhead
10-4.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"Take Our Country Back" : What does it mean to YOU?

Open warfare on the streets of most of our cities for a year or so. THAT is the only way we'll get our country back.

Sad but true.

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. - Thomas Jefferson

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (1OntarioJim, 41rem, 16penny, 35, afisher, Anaconda, 12 invisible), 1,421 guests, and 846 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,493
Posts18,472,103
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.