Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 749 of 1,842 1 2 747 748 749 750 751 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
It sure looks like a fun weekend all. Nice to see Weezy, haven't heard much from her lately.

Who put the fertilizer on the middle kid? He's taller than Lester! One year changes, he don't look like a young kid anymore, he looks like a young man...serious.

Big D looks pretty serious in that firewood pic. grin

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
btw, I think it's a good idea to shape that plot around towards Dusty's stand. Then it's not a typical 'box' shaped plot. It may give them some security when coming out.

Mabey not, just thinking out loud.

Last edited by tzone; 10/03/11.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
That's a great picture. he was on a mission with his new saw. I really like that saw by the way. Very nice handling saw and it chews the wood real good too.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by tzone
btw, I think it's a good idea to shape that plot around towards Dusty's stand. Then it's not a typical 'box' shaped plot. It may give them some securty when coming out.

Mabey not, just thinking out loud.

That was my thought as well, might give deer more options to apoach the opening with winch changes, cover etc.

Either way we'll be better off once we get something growing out there to help draw a few deer in.

I'm getting deer every day and night on my camera by Pam's stand, hopefully that continues.

We could use some rain now to help get that seed going.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Did you put any rye in there?

We re-plant on the sides of roads and landscape area, we use at least some rye becuase it comes up quick and stabilizes the soil until the grasses start to grow in 3-4 weeks. That is why you always see the deer on the side of the road on recently finished road construction.

With any amount of rain the rye is up and green within a few days of the rain. With the moisture back by Pam's stand you may not need much rain at all for it to take quickly

Last edited by tzone; 10/03/11. Reason: spelled like a tard, added more

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
There was some rye in that frigid forage blend we put in.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Perfect.

I just re-read what you put in there. That rape is supposed to be good for northern cliamtes after it freezes. I guy I used to work with swore by it. He said once you got a heavy frost, it got sweet and the deer really seem to key on it.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
We have used rape for about 4 years with great results. They love it after it freezes as it turns to sugars. I would highly recommend it. Just be careful how you go about telling people "rape is good"!

Had another great weekend goose hunting. Had our 3 each before 8 am again. They were trying to land in an adjacent field so we had to really work to get them over, but somehow we did. Then today, I went with a different buddy to another field and we got 2. Our layout blinds werent dug in though and we had a couple flocks flare on us. they are getting hard to decoy after having been shot at for awhile now. I was at work before 9 even! That is living!

Tomorrow I am gonna prolly bring the boys on their first ever hunt. There are some woodducks using the lake, so we will run down the shoreine about 50 yards and throw some decoys out. Looking forward to it!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It was a great weekend! Brad said thanks again for having him up there, he had a great time. I knew he would fit right in up there, he is full of it like the rest of us. smile He learned a lot from PWM thats for sure. He was sure glad that PWM fixed his pickup after he took it out in the middle of the night hunting and rolled it.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Just got back from the doc with ...Pneumonia. Going to the doc here sucks. It is the second time I've had to do it, took 4 hours this time, 7 last time.

The doc said "have you had a lot of fluids today?" I said, "No, I've been sitting in the waiting room for 2 hours and 20 minutes and couldn't flag down the consesions lady." It got a chuckle out of her at least, I didn't think it was that funny.

Why does this always happen when you have so much to do?

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You be dang careful with it man, I had it about five years ago and it dang near killed me....

Seriously it isnt something to take to lightly. Hope you get better man and next time bring a cooler with you so when they ask what it is for you can have all kinds of entertainment smile

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I had it from the end of October 2007 to March 2008, which then turned into MRSA, which lasted until July. That was fun. smile

I don't feel nearly as bad this time, just run down. Mrs. Tzone went to get me the happy pills so I can start that. No work tomorrow for sure, possibly the next day.

I went to the Minute Clinic at the urging of the wife, and my BP was so high she was scared and sent me to the doc I wanted to go to in the first place. crazy

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Wow really sorry to hear that Tom, make sure to get that cleared out before you take to the woods or do anything you shouldn't be doing.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
A couple more pictures.

Some the same but cropped.

disking

[Linked Image]

My little helper was eager to run the broadcast seeder so I let him at it.

[Linked Image]

farmers surveying the work.

[Linked Image]

Pam, PWM and eener.

[Linked Image]

little closer shot of this.

[Linked Image]

And "sawzilla" as RWS calls it, I finally got that whole chain sharpening thing figured out lol!

[Linked Image]

With Dusty's new hot saw and mine going at the same time it's short work with the cutting.

It's fun when you drop that chain into a tree and it almost pulls you over forward. Just rips wood noodles out of the logs grin

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
With the old trusty High Standard double Nine strapped on.Good pictures.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Exactly! lol Sharp eye Stan!

One of my grouse plinkers.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You've got a better disk than me. But, you have exactly the same seeder. Here's a tip. If you use it to spread crushed lime, you're gonna have to take it apart and spray everything down with silicone to get it spinning again. And always look over your food plot for the little green hub caps. They have function, as well as form.

Wood is Good.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I let the little guy use it to sling the oats seed. I seeded the clover mix by hand, we had a nice breeze so I could just sling handfuls in the air and let the wind distribute.

Sorry for the saw pics Craig, eek hows the leg doing?

As you can see I still dont have chaps but I was thinking of your accident and a gouging encounter my older cousin had many years ago like your accident.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That hurts thinking about it.

My FIL got his saw caught in some unseen barbwire fence and the fence gouged the hell out of his leg. Cool scar, not so cool at the time. I can't remember how many stitches it was but it was a crap load.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm not sensitive to the saw pics. Heck, I've run 3-4 tanks through mine since then. Always with the chaps though.

About a week ago I woke up in the middle of the night scratching at one of the bigger scabs. Damn thing was just hanging loose, but itched like hell and I couldn't rip it loose. Trundled my way to the bathroom to put some light on it and discovered the damn scab was caught up in a stitch (which of course by now was bleeding). Not the black, slick type they put on the outside but the tan rough kind they put in deep that's supposed to dissolve. It migrated up and got dried into the scab. Trundled over to the fly tying room and got out the hackle pliers and scissors. Clipped one end but no dice was that sucker pulling through. So I just clipped it close to the scar on both ends.

Then, Saturday morning I was having coffee and got an unstoppable itch in the scar. Looked close and saw a little black spot just under the new pink skin. Picked at that with a needle and plucked up another of the black slick type stitch. It came out pretty kind.

So, after five weeks some stitches are still coming to the surface. And I can't keep anything in my left jeans pocket or it gets sore and inflamed.

It's America man, you do what you want. But I'm wearing the chaps.

Wood is Good.
Page 749 of 1,842 1 2 747 748 749 750 751 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

116 members (1OntarioJim, 6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, 8 invisible), 1,486 guests, and 841 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,371
Posts18,488,327
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.