Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
The NFC West might have a division champ with a losing record again this year.

Now there's something to be proud of...

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
[bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] Jets

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Loving the fact that Baltimore is trying to make sure that the NFL hasn't completely lost it's smash-mouth, heavy-hitting, turn-over producing defensive roots.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LOL Jerry Jones BP must have been 200 + over 140.

NRA Lifetime Member
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by teal
I still can't get over 6 TDs including 2 on the deck for Aaron.
Pack's total of 148 pts in the first four games is a franchise record, IIRC..

I hope they can keep it up..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Loving the fact that Baltimore is trying to make sure that the NFL hasn't completely lost it's smash-mouth, heavy-hitting, turn-over producing defensive roots.

Tis why Baltimore is my other team. They're bas ass. Ray Lewis scared the ball out of the recievers hands in the 3 quarter. Poor boy should have hung onto the ball because big Ray done slobberknocked him anyway. The guy's getting up in age and is still a beast, not showing any signs of slowing.

Ray Rice is a tough, hard nosed rb that can catch and run. There isn't a better d-back in the league than Ed Reed, imo. Flacco is good, not great, but good. Moves the ball when he has to and makes the plays that need to be made. I hope McNabb was watching that game last night because that is exactly what he needs to do.

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Dez Bryant needs to watch lots of Calvin Johnson highlights...that's the way to finish a game...come to think of it, that's just what he did yesterday.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Watched the Raiders-Pats game yesterday afternoon and noticed how the Raiders were reverting back to their old ways. Seymour had 3 penalties all by himself on 1 drive, one which was pretty blatant against Brady. Brady to Welker, you'll be hearing that a lot this season as there isn't anyone that can shut him (Welker) down. But where the hell is Ochocinco?? Pats D needs to improve if they want to go to the playoffs.

Anyone else getting tired of seeing Rodgers doing the belt thing everytime he scores? He seems to be getting a little cocky these days since they won the SB last year.

Glad to see the Jets get their azzes handed to them again, overrated doesn't even come close to describing them. I'm sure Ryan has something witty to say this week. Looking forward to the Pats-Jets game next Sunday in NE.

What's with the Saints, they always seem to play to the level of their opponent.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

Tis why Baltimore is my other team. They're bas ass. Ray Lewis scared the ball out of the recievers hands in the 3 quarter. Poor boy should have hung onto the ball because big Ray done slobberknocked him anyway. The guy's getting up in age and is still a beast, not showing any signs of slowing.

Ray Rice is a tough, hard nosed rb that can catch and run. There isn't a better d-back in the league than Ed Reed, imo. Flacco is good, not great, but good. Moves the ball when he has to and makes the plays that need to be made. I hope McNabb was watching that game last night because that is exactly what he needs to do.

I watched Ed Reed when he was at Miami, and have continued to at Baltimore.

IMHO, he's not only the best DB in the league today, he's one of the best ever.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Agree 100%, a no doubt hall of famer, along with Ray Lewis.

I use to hate Ray until last night, as I was watching the national anthem prior to the game they showed Ray singing along and you could tell he wasn't just lipsyncing it, he was really into it.

Needless to say, I felt a little guilty for disliking him as much as I did as he genuinely loves what he does and he loves being an American. How can you fault a guy for that??

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Because he is a murderer that is still paying off the victim's fammily is just one reason.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Originally Posted by Mako25
Honest question - does Detroit have the horses to run with GB?

No.

It'd take a couple big plays (kinda like today in Dallas) for 'em to stay with this offense.

They'll put up some numbers, 'cause the Packer D just isn't what it was last year (not even close). In the end, the Packers just have too many weapons on offense, and the Lions really only have one.

The Lions are not only the same level YET, but certainly have the potential to be.

To say they only have one weapon is ridiculous. with Stafford, Johnson, Nate Burleson, Tightass Young, Brandon Pettigrew, Tony Sheffler. That's 5 damn good pass catchers.

Jahvid Best is no slouch, but needs some better blocking. He's just not an every down back. However, Mikel Leshoure waits in the wings.

They are not far away from being very dangerous.......

Yep, they're certainly on their way. I'm happy to see the Lions doing this well. I'm not quite ready to anoint them as kings of the hill quite yet.

They're not unlike the Packers - an injury to the QB and the hopes are out the window.

They've got a few obstacles to overcome yet, but they're going to be a force to be reckoned with for many years to come. And, just imagine if Millen hadn't set them back 5-6 years!!!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Redneck

Yeah - Aaron's game was amazing. First QB in NFL HISTORY to pass for more than 400, throw 4 TD's and run for 2 in a single game.

3rd straight season he's had 4 games in a row with a PR over 110. No other QB since the merger has done it more than 2 straight seasons.

He also has the team record for most passing yards in the first 4 games of the season - beating Favre.

2 Int's in 141 attempts (IIRC yesterday's was a tipped ball too)

In Packers history a QB has passed for more than 400 yards just 6 times. Of those 6 times, Aaron is responsible for 3 of them. 423, 408 and 404 yards. The most attempts he's made in thise games was 42 - all the other players were over 50 for attempts.

(I know weird right? With all the yards Favre threw for all the time - I thought it would have been more but he's only gone over once. 402 yards)

I really believe that if Ted can keep talent around him and he keeps healthy - he can go down as one of the greatest EVER in the game, not just for GB but the NFL.

Me

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Agreed. IMHO, we're damned lucky as fans to be able to see, or have seen, Brady, Manning, and Rodgers all play at the same time, and often against one another. Brees is right up there, as well.

For QBs, those 4 will rank up there VERY highly when it's all said and done.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Redneck

Yeah - Aaron's game was amazing. First QB in NFL HISTORY to pass for more than 400, throw 4 TD's and run for 2 in a single game.

3rd straight season he's had 4 games in a row with a PR over 110. No other QB since the merger has done it more than 2 straight seasons.

He also has the team record for most passing yards in the first 4 games of the season - beating Favre.

2 Int's in 141 attempts (IIRC yesterday's was a tipped ball too)

In Packers history a QB has passed for more than 400 yards just 6 times. Of those 6 times, Aaron is responsible for 3 of them. 423, 408 and 404 yards. The most attempts he's made in thise games was 42 - all the other players were over 50 for attempts.

(I know weird right? With all the yards Favre threw for all the time - I thought it would have been more but he's only gone over once. 402 yards)
Good to know all that - didn't realize he's beaten the ex-Queen-B in those stats.. Best of all, darn few PICKS - which the Queen-B was too well-known for..

I really believe that if Ted can keep talent around him and he keeps healthy - he can go down as one of the greatest EVER in the game, not just for GB but the NFL.
Long ways to go.. One game at a time, one season at a time.. Lots of stuff's gotta fall in line to get that far...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He's already the highest rated passer in NFL history with the min required attempts and is running in the 126 range for this year - I like his trajectory.... wink

Me

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Do you study stats for a living? grin Jeeesh, I've never seen anybody bust those off like you do.

Camp is where you make it.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Do you study stats for a living? grin Jeeesh, I've never seen anybody bust those off like you do.

The Google-Fu is strong in this one Tom. grin

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Nope but I do have the sort of mind that seems to remember figures or where I saw the figures when I need them.

Besides, this is Green Bay - our locals don't watch football and tell you what happened - they actually report on it with some depth.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Now I'm wanting Sanchez to get lit up. WAY over rated IMO...........

Seen this one coming, so I won't pretend to be Nostradamus here. How over rated/over paid is Sanchez?

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

102 members (10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 2ndwind, 44automag, 673, 16 invisible), 1,518 guests, and 973 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,486
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.