-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 750 of 1,842 1 2 748 749 750 751 752 1841 1842
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jeez, the guy invites me up to hunt with him and then comes up with this lame excuse?! In all sincerity Tom, don't mess with this. This crap could kill you, man. Do what the doc says and get better.

We got the stand rebuilt, but never made it back to the other stand. I've got to either add some steps to that or hunt out of my portable. We'll see when we get up there. I'm not too crazy about going back in there the day before opener and making a bunch of noise. 'Doesn't look like we'll get back up again before opener, but we'll see. Jeez, we ran into Duluth on the way home. I think every single person from the Twin Cities that owned a car was in town. Heck, it took us an hour to get out of there. Can't wait for the opener. A huge THANK YOU again to Tom for inviting us to join him after we lost our spot. 'Hope he's feeling better by the opener.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone
Just got back from the doc with ...Pneumonia.

Stay off our feet for a while Tom. Just remember what I told you. When your feeling better, you still have a long way to go. Don't go out and work up a sweat. If you relapse, it will make things worse.

I was off of work 3 weeks with pneumonia including a week in the hospital back in the day. Took 3 months before I was back to normal. Ok, I've never been normal, but that's another story. grin

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by gophergunner

We'll see when we get up there. I'm not too crazy about going back in there the day before opener and making a bunch of noise.

I'm not crazy about that either. smile We'll get it straightened out. I can't climb it very well either. Andy the monkey is the only one that can shoot up that stand the way it's built.

Jeez, the guy invites me up to hunt with him and then comes up with this lame excuse?! In all sincerity Tom, don't mess with this. This crap could kill you, man. Do what the doc says and get better.

I'm laying low for a few days. Last time I had it, it was durring WI deer season, so I'm ahead of the curve this time. I hope it's gone before the hunt. Crap, it better be, thats a month away yet....but who's counting.

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Get well Tom, I ended my weekend of fishing short just to run to Chickenbuck to see you and you werent their. It was fun though. I still owe Nathan a good one though. He got me with a little dew & water in a refresment can. That was a good one he pullled. he was full of it that night. Always fun at Chickenbuck

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The kid catches on quick. grin

You'll get him back.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You guys are always talking about acquiring this gun or that one, going to the gunshop and seeing somethng you couldnt pass up, etc. You are a bad influence on me. whistle

Just got back from The General Store (an old small town downtown type hardware/gun store), and I bought a gun. What gun? One I know well cuz I use one all the time. A Beretta 390 12 ga. It was on consignment and although it has been shot a little, there is no wear anywhere. They had it for $429 and I got it for $400. I LOVE my 390 and it has performed flawlessly for me for the last 16 years. In fact...

This morning, I took Hunter on his first ever hunt with my buddy and my brother (and of course, my beloved Beretta 390). We had hundreds of geese trying to get into our field and ended up with our limit of 9 in short order. 2 of the 9 were lessers, that was kinda cool. Man, are they small! My brother made the comment, "I didnt think there were this many geese in all of Minnesota!". Boy, have I had good goose hunting this year. The best part is, they just went over the road and landed in my buddies other field, so Saturday we are going out again!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I have sod fields to the north of me about 3/4. You can hear banging on them nearly all day. I drove that way a bit ago and they were covered in geese.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Loper report.

I filled out today with a nice 14" loper buck. Spotted him about 1/2 mile away down in a draw. Put the sneak on and found that he had 15 or so does with him and one smaller buck hanging around. Crawled up a dry wash to about 275 yards and popped him. The first day I shot a small fawn and my hunting partner got a big doe and the walked down the heard buck and shot him at 350 yards. Pictures to follow when I get home..

Another great trip.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by TJAY
Loper report.

I filled out today with a nice 14" loper buck. Spotted him about 1/2 mile away down in a draw. Put the sneak on and found that he had 15 or so does with him and one smaller buck hanging around. Crawled up a dry wash to about 275 yards and popped him. The first day I shot a small fawn and my hunting partner got a big doe and the walked down the heard buck and shot him at 350 yards. Pictures to follow when I get home..

Another great trip.

Sounds like an awesome hunt TJ! Congrats and good eatin!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow chickenbuckers, only 11 more posts away from hitting 15,000. And 2,400,665 views. Now that's a legacy!

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear
IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
holy...

With deer season nearing it's going to get busy around here for a while too.

I'm trying to hold off on my annual deer lunacy transformation, I'm really trying hard... crazy

grin

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
And the creator leads off the 1500th page of an outstanding post! congrats Dave!!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The leaves really changed here the last few days. A lady I work with brought my computer, camera, and field book to her house and I picked it up this morning. She lives on a lake and it as a perfectly beautiful drive around the lake.

I'm still feeling tired but not coughing nearly as much, so I think it's starting to come around.

Next week it's about time to start making camp food lists, dig out the gear, sharpening knives, the good stuff that leads up to the season.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Speaking of gear...

Do any of the Chickenbuckers need any hunting clothes? I'm going to be cleaning out my stuff. I'd rather give it to one of you guys, but if not somebody at Goodwill is going to get a ton of Gander Mt gear for $5 a pop. laugh

Say the word, I might have it. I hope do start that project this weekend.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd be happy to take you up on some of that my self Tom, but I've got enough stuff all ready to equip a platoon. I'm sure somebody from C-Buck will take you up on this though. Those northern Minnysotie jackpine savages will do anything to keep from parting with their beer money!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Tom if you have teen or young adult sized stuff I have two more I am trying to outfit. Gloves, hats, whatever....

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Not so much on the gloves and hats, but I have a sweet pair of Blaze bibs I think I've worn just a few times. Their nice, real nice. I'm 5'8" tall and round. grin so there's some room for growth on a kid.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
So I got this new bottle of shaving gel and it says "CONTENTS UNDER PRESSURE-MAY EXPLODE"

I've never been so tempted to shoot something in all my life.

I now have a new target for the kids and their new Marlin youth model.

Jack shot it last week and hit the pop bottle a few times, so all is well. grin it's a fun little gun to shoot.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
When you do just make sure to shake the heck out of it before hand and film the results smile

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Do it Tom but film it and use something bigger than a rimfire!

Something clever here.

Page 750 of 1,842 1 2 748 749 750 751 752 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (35, 41rem, 007FJ, 6mmCreedmoor, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 10 invisible), 1,468 guests, and 881 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,311
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.