Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Magnumdoosh,

Hardly a "secret" that you hang here to live vicariously,because you can't do for yourself. You obviously like to Imagine the most,beings it's all you've got.

Adds some copious humor,that you've never seen a Steelhead or a Bear and yet feel like you've the faculties to comment upon same. Bless your Do-Nothin' heart and your vivid Imagination.

Pardon my having a legendary sense of direction,none of which is secreted. Still lovin' your pics.

Laffin'!

John Bushman,

I've no doubt that a Petting Zoo does far more for you than Wilderness splendors and Wild Beasties...never would I begin to slight that obvious in regards to your preferences. Humorous and then some,that your "perceptors" and "experience" are so keen in regards to "riflery",that you can't identify an open bolt locked back on a dry mag. It don't get more basic than that. Bless your heart.

Any closeups of the barbed wire,as I'd be curious to learn more about the "incredible hardships" you are forced to endure in your ardent pursuit of Haybale & Crockett "conquests"? No wonder you think backing up from named/numbered Pets prior to the poke,adds "something" to the equation.

Much looking forward to the next installment of "As The Sprinkler Turns" and more of those "magnificent" photos of pen raised victims.

Grogel,

You are the victim of your intellect and that's both poetic and poignant. I've zero aspiration to mock you dumb bastards but admittedly do enjoy that you do a better job on yourselves on accident,than anyone else could on purpose. You are welcome to all the slack on the rope you think you can handle and please don't be shy. Stupidity is the gift that keeps on giving and the hilarity is boundless,yet impossible to predict. This is much akin to a Jerry Lewis NASCAR Event and don't think it ain't a riot to watch the crashes.

You're on a roll,right outta the gate! I suggest you give it a whirl with both hands on the wheel next time.

Just sayin'.

JeffO,

I savvy that your ONLY hope of killing anything big,is to suck enough azz to hop over the barbed wire and say "pull". Pardon my less than zero interest in your knitting circle,as I'd be unable to even pretend to shift my brain into a low enough gear and my exceedingly high standards preclude such precipitous plunges by default. It's how I roll.

You and 'Doosh oughtta trade notes on folding Paper Hats,post pics of same and you both may finally find something you can do reliably in the firsthand.

Fingers crossed for ya'!

'holton,

"well i do think boxer-stick is a total [bleep] ass.but taking pics thru a scoipe is some what odd. Dependes on camera quilty ,scope and computer, as well as internet provider too. not to speak of outdoor conditions too. But some of the pics are cool and imprerssive. but would not judge scope quilty from this alone"

Jesus God,what are you 2yrs old and English a 9th language?!?

"Scoipe","thru","dependes","quility","impressrive".

You idiots do far better beating yourselves up,than I ever could.

Wow!

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Reminds me of Groundhog Day. Same actors, same plot, same ending.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Here are few from this evening. Looks like the rut is still running. smile

This one is at 875 yds. The elk were late hoping the fence into the hay field.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I figure most guys understand that these are free range elk and deer but on a private ranch. Pictures were taken from a county road that travels through the ranch.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Suxhim,

I do enjoy hearing of the hunts of others, and the weapons of others because these things interest me. However, I don�t live vicariously through anyone on this board, and even if I did, you�d be the last. First, I don�t dig foul-hooking fish, and neither did the members of the Steelhead board that ran your azz off (getting to be a pattern doncha think? No, you probably don�t �think I that is). Second, I don�t care to shoot animals in a petting zoo.

I don�t expect you to understand the difference given your limited intelligence, your atrocious use of the English language and your completely incomprehensible attempts at constructing a sentence; IOW, your grammar sucks. You wouldn�t make it through an 8th grade English course. Therein lays the confusion on your part. You�re way down in the basement in the muck telling yourself schit really doesn�t smell all that bad, and the rest of us are on the upper floors carrying on with life, communicating with one another in a civil manner, a manner that constantly escapes you. You should try it some time. It�s a real rush to get along with others like we all, well all of us but you, learned in kindergarten.

You�re a piece of work and fall way short of what you believe other think of you (pun in there just for you). If you want to really display how you roll paint a day glow orange stripe around your expanding gut; then we can see if you�re rolling or waddling.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by jagd
John,

do you have a pic of the camera/scope adapter or a link?

thanks

Loving life in the Great North West one day at a time.

sounds like its time for a new gun.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Boxer is punch-drunk. Too bad.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I figure most guys understand that these are free range elk and deer but on a private ranch.

Based on some pics you have posted in the past, you too are guilty of whacking elk out of hayfields. Three whole elk piled up in the back of a truck was obviously not from a backcountry hunt.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
What's wrong with shooting elk on a private ranch/farm, hay field or not, as long as they aren't fenced in?

At least half the deer killed in Georgia, Mississippi, illinois, Ohio, North Dakota, Iowa etc., are killed in ag fields. Hell, maybe higher.

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Magnumdoosh's Imagination,is taking her places again. The addled Do-Nothing Dreamer had me on "Ignore" not the Post prior,now she's replying to me and pretending not to live vicariously through same. Bless her heart.

Her deep rooted fascinations with things she's never seen or done,are a perpetual exercise in frustration for her and catalyst for her Imagination. It seems she's hung up on Oncorhynchus mykiss as of late and it don't get much funnier than that...until she fancies herself a Wordsmith. I much enjoy that 'Doosh feels she has the "experience" to comment upon anything in the firsthand,other than Tiddlywinks,Midol or Vagisil. She'll whine with the best of them and reliably,less having ever laced a boot of participation in actuality,yet fancies her Imagination powerful enough to call pretend more than "good enough" for her. Consummate comedy and then some!

Hi-vis orange is easily arranged.

[Linked Image]

Still groovin' on Doosh's pics and the splendors she "gets" to experience in the firsthand,must be very "fulfilling" for her.

Laffin'!

Foxbat,

I concur.

Sluicing schit off of haybales,is the only move some folks can make. Bless their hearts.

Great "testing" grounds for "equipment" and "techniques" too,due the rigors associated running the gamut of grass heights,mud depth and barbed wire strand numbers. Interesting how all always falls nicely into place and perspective,if only on accident.

Laffin'!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
From what my buddies who have hunted there report, Alaskan hunting can be difficult access (though your boat seems to solve that for you), but the hunting itself isn't "hard", relatively speaking.

My elk-camp pard Jerry is no great hunter. He's ok, but that's it. (by the way that's how I'd describe myself too). He's cut every tag he took to Alaska... three trips... never a uncut tag. Says shooting a blacktail would have been trivial, the trip he took where there were blacktails (excuse me, Sitka's). Ditto for black bears.

Anyway Boxer I'll give you credit for living in a target-rich environment but...

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Same with the fishing.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
From what my buddies who have hunted there report, Alaskan hunting can be difficult access (though your boat seems to solve that for you), but the hunting itself isn't "hard", relatively speaking.

My elk-camp pard Jerry is no great hunter. He's ok, but that's it. (by the way that's how I'd describe myself too). He's cut every tag he took to Alaska... three trips... never a uncut tag. Says shooting a blacktail would have been trivial, the trip he took where there were blacktails (excuse me, Sitka's). Ditto for black bears.

Anyway Boxer I'll give you credit for living in a target-rich environment but...

Just leave it alone already, can't you see where this is heading? Nowhere, and he loves picking on you (and you're making that easy!).

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

I'm amazed that someone living within driving distance of some of the best hunting in the world still acts like they have [bleep] hunting. You do realize that you can jump in your rig, drive, and go hunting, right? BTW, my last in-state hunt cost me $3700+, just in travel expenses. How many DIY hunts in Montana, Wyoming, etc could you do with a $3700 travel budget?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Same with the fishing.

WA/Or has crazy good fishing, in the rivers for multiple species. Guys fish waaay more down in your area than in my area. Get off your [bleep] and go do something.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Shhh! You're gonna spook the fish! whistle

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Carry on, you've been warned.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Foxbat
What's wrong with shooting elk on a private ranch/farm, hay field or not, as long as they aren't fenced in?

At least half the deer killed in Georgia, Mississippi, illinois, Ohio, North Dakota, Iowa etc., are killed in ag fields. Hell, maybe higher.

It is no different that shooting a hereford out of a pasture. Unless you are starving, what is the point? Certainly not anything to brag about.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I figure most guys understand that these are free range elk and deer but on a private ranch.

Based on some pics you have posted in the past, you too are guilty of whacking elk out of hayfields. Three whole elk piled up in the back of a truck was obviously not from a backcountry hunt.

While I have absolutely no problem with �whacking elk out of hayfields� I don�t think I have ever had the chance to shoot an elk in a hayfield.

I have killed a whole bunch of deer and antelope in hayfields. Tasty!

As to the bulls in this picture these videos might clear up where they were killed. Private ground.
[Linked Image]

We were 2 miles from the truck when I shot this bull but it was a very easy recovery. Drove right to him and winched him on the flatbed.

While we were dressing and loading my bull Pete worked his way up this draw and found his bull bedded in the oak brush. No video of the kill as he was alone but we managed to work the truck up the hill right to his bull. This was the last day of season and the weather had the elk moving on their annual migration route. Good morning.

Dogcatcher223,

Got any picture you want to share? Would love to see some more through the scope pictures. cool

Lil Fish,

Wow buddy, you went from backyard AR/fish picture to an orange rifle on a dinning room table. You must have some pretty cool camera gear to get those badass pictures.

I am only using a point and shoot camera to get my pictures. No wonder yours are so much cooler. I have to say you are the best backyard M&P Sport/dead fish photographer ever. Oh I know �It�s how you roll�. grin grin

No haybales for you, that's for sure. laugh laugh

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Originally Posted by Foxbat

It is no different that shooting a hereford out of a pasture. Unless you are starving, what is the point? Certainly not anything to brag about.

Is a deer in a prairie during the rut, any harder to shoot than one in a pasture?

[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Burns,

I'm curious, but where did you hit that elk? High shoulder?

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (300_savage, Akhutr, Alan_C, 6mmCreedmoor, 18 invisible), 928 guests, and 964 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,206
Posts18,524,252
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.