Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by krp
I have DNA ancestry going back to the land bridge crossers and their southern migration to what is now southwestern America. My wife has ancestry from the Spaniards coming from the south that claimed this same region at one time.

My daughter is therefore a mixture of all claimants, and the heir apparent, high Princess of any disputed land...

Everyone... GET OUT!

Kent

I'm staying,.... Don Profundo runs from no man, or pig f'r.

Just musing about the Thread title,....

I guess what we're doing here now is HISPONDERING blush , .....what ?

cool cool cool

Last edited by crossfireoops; 10/04/11.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
There's are parts of the world where cultures overlap, and where national boundaries are, to varying degrees, rather arbitrary when viewed against the cultural and geographic landscape. Parts of the American SW are like that.

Wow! That sounds like it came right out my 5th grade social studies text,,,,,, I think.... confused Great advice for someone who's family has been west of the Sabine for 160 years......

160 years ain't much in the SW... but Texas isn't really the SW anyway. More like the western part of the South. smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Well, of course you can stay, Ken also... but Tom and Darby are chit out'a luck...

Can't believe the 'pro' cultural rights advocates on here haven't recognized my 'Heritage'icle' claim of predominance... I have DNA inside me that survived the ice age and was sustained by Mammoth meat on this continent...

When I read Biden's words... I just knew he was speaking to me... speaking to my heart, deep down.

Kent

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Ben's gotta stay,.....those green chile burritos, ya' know.

Whoever wins the Pork-Eye should be given a green card, too.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Ok... Ben's cool... I guess Sheriff Joe can stay and keep Tom and Darby out....

Chit, it's already getting crowded again.

Kent

IC B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
There's are parts of the world where cultures overlap, and where national boundaries are, to varying degrees, rather arbitrary when viewed against the cultural and geographic landscape. Parts of the American SW are like that.

Wow! That sounds like it came right out my 5th grade social studies text,,,,,, I think.... confused Great advice for someone who's family has been west of the Sabine for 160 years......

160 years ain't much in the SW... but Texas isn't really the SW anyway. More like the western part of the South. smile

It's just my family. Actually it's closer to 175 years. Which in truth is about 175 years longer than the current crop of "hispanics" have been on this side of the Rio Grande.

Also true that the history here didn't start in 1836 (one of my extreme pet peeves). But a close study of Spanish colonial history will show Texas as a money pit (as was the same for the French in Colonial Louisiana). And the Mexican govt. had no better luck here either. Appears the other white European settlers were the only ones who could make a go of it......

Last edited by kaywoodie; 10/05/11.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Well..........maybe they've lost the Navajo vote.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rkamp

No, home made pico de gallo.

there may be hope for you yet.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
some of the scheit out of Joe Biden's mouth just boggles the mind.

Yep........just like what this person wrote recently............

"all those dead young Americans, not to mention the vast number of dead Vietnamese. What a legacy, for helping France try to keep their colonial empire." _________________________ Sam....... The Bonnie Blue Flag; may it wave proudly forever.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There were a lot more brown people in the Alamo fighting to be free of Mexico than there were white people in there

Curious about this part. The figure I'm recalling is 12. The figure might be more correct if one considers the total number of folks fighting the governemnt in Mexico proper over the prior 30 years.

No doubt those Brown folks left in Texas after independence would have a tough row to hoe for the next Century or so after.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
There were a lot more brown people in the Alamo fighting to be free of Mexico than there were white people in there

Curious about this part. The figure I'm recalling is 12. The figure might be more correct if one considers the total number of folks fighting the governemnt in Mexico proper over the prior 30 years.

No doubt those Brown folks left in Texas after independence would have a tough row to hoe for the next Century or so after.

Birdwatcher

Hands down,.....

Runner up for one of the stupidest statements EVER posted on this site.

You've never REALLY arrived here and "settled", ...have you ?

Last edited by crossfireoops; 10/06/11.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 1badf350, 007FJ, 1936M71, 64 invisible), 3,167 guests, and 1,347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,372
Posts18,469,290
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.