Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I hear it both ways. If it were a conservative he'd be on gone today. What's your guess? It looks like it's getting nastier for Holder by the hour.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Prosecution.

Never appeal to a mans "better side", he may not have one.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Keep him long enough for the route to Hussein to be clearly identified.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
will you have your chicken dinner fried or baked Sean?

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
I'm Southern. Fried, of course.

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Too close to call but I'm thinking he stays.

If this had been a Republican regime he would have been gone weeks ago.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
What difference does it make?

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose. Alphonse Karr, "Les Guipes" (Janvier 1849)

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

How long did it take Nixon to start cleaning house?

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

In a Republican regime he would never have been there in the first place!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I hope he goes and takes down the whole Obama Administration with him, plus the ATF

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm going to guess he stays till he leaves on his own terms, which is either when Obama does after the next election or if Obama is elected again he leaves before the next term.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Obama will make him fall on the sword....Too big of a distraction.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
The only question of interest to Obama is how to get and keep power. Holder will go when the net liability of keeping him is greater than the net liability of tossing him under the bus. Factoring in the fact that Obama is pretty much tone deaf, I expect that it will still be a couple of months before we see tire marks on Mr. Holder.

Be not weary in well doing.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

See this link.

<http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinio...ion_OhK6TBqPlEpRglHjsSbiBI#ixzz1ZKCGnptv>

Obama may not get the chance to dispose of Eric Holder before the news gets finished with him.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If he goes, it will pretty much be an admission of guilt by Obama...that ain't happening.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The dems will do what is necessary to keep the Kenyan in power, and if that means throwing Holder under the bus, so be it.

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

How long did it take Nixon to start cleaning house?

Ed

Nixon didn't clean house. He had Ehrlichman and Haldeman handle it, with Mitchell in Justice in reserve. Those guys were true cutthroats, nothing like the current administration's chief deputies.

When Obama's COS was Rahm Emmanuel, he had somebody who might have been able to handle a disaster of this proportion working for him. Now the best he's got is Valerie Jarrett, and she doesn't have the smarts or the balls to orchestrate anything like a half-assed coverup.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I heard the reader this morning blaming house repubs for holding up the jobs bill but failing to mention one word about senate dems who oppose it...he treats the media like the idiots they are.

I'll be shocked if Holder takes the perp walk.

I'm going to guess he stays till he leaves on his own terms

...agree.

Last edited by noharleyyet; 10/06/11.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Justice Department Accuses GOP of Playing 'Gotcha' With Fast and Furious Memos

Published October 06, 2011
FoxNews.com

The Justice Department accused Republicans of playing a "political game of gotcha," after lawmakers investigating Operation Fast and Furious said Attorney General Eric Holder received at least five memos on the gunrunning probe starting in July 2010 in spite of testimony claiming he learned of the program this year.

Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, and Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., released a series of heavily redacted memos apparently sent to Holder from Michael Walther, the director of the National Drug Intelligence Center. They appear to describe an operation involving the straw purchase of hundreds of firearms that went to Mexican drug cartels.

But as President Obama voiced "complete confidence" in Holder, the Justice Department put out a scathing statement Thursday afternoon suggesting the memos do not contradict Holder's claims that he was in the dark on the program last year.

"Here they go again. Chairman Issa and Senator Grassley can re-package and re-release the same documents every other day and it won't change the facts: the attorney general's testimony to both the House and Senate committees has been consistent and truthful," the department said.

The department said the "brief" passages were "buried in a few written reports" and did not detail the full extent of the operation.

"Instead of peddling selectively-edited transcripts and distorting questions and answers in some distracting political game of gotcha, these congressional leaders should be focusing their attention on the underlying public safety problem we confront as a nation -- that too many guns are being illegally trafficked to Mexico," the statement said.

The release of the documents comes as House Judiciary Committee Chairman Lamar Smith, R-Texas, requests Obama instruct the Department of Justice to appoint a special counsel.

In a statement Thursday, Issa claimed Holder "has failed to give Congress and the American people an honest account of what he and other."

"With the fairly detailed information that the attorney general read, it seems the logical question for the attorney general after reading in the memo would be 'why haven't we stopped them?'" Grassley said.

Through Fast and Furious, hundreds of firearms were allowed to walk across the U.S.-Mexico border, some later turning up at bloody crime scenes. The focus has turned lately to what Holder knew and when he knew it.

He said under oath in May: "I'm not sure of the exact date, but I probably heard about Fast and Furious for the first time over the last few weeks."

But documents that started to surface earlier in the week suggested Justice officials at least tried to inform Holder. The latest memos show he was notified of the program repeatedly, though it's not clear to what degree Holder paid attention to the memos.

Obama on Thursday voiced confidence in Holder and his handling of the Justice Department.

"He has been very aggressive in going after gunrunning and cash transactions that have been going to these transnational drug cartels," Obama told reporters at a White House press conference.

"He's indicated that he was not aware of what was happening in Fast and Furious and certainly I was not, and I think both he and I would have been very unhappy if somebody had suggested that guns were allowed to pass through that could have been prevented by the United States of America."

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Holder will stay AG until hussein leaves office. Then he will be prosecuted.
It will be interesting to see if he will be killed, or throw a lot of others, including hussein, under the bus.

Sam......

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

201 members (160user, 300jimmy, 338Rules, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 24 invisible), 1,696 guests, and 988 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,539
Posts18,531,106
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.