Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Considering that the North invaded the South, they weren't fighting for a Homeland, and given that the South was fighting for their right of self-determination AGAINST Communism, abject poverty, slavery, and often-times execution, can you grasp THAT?

from the viewpoint or position of the North, the South was part and parcel of the Republic. whether the US or France agreed with that viewpoint meant little or no [bleep] to the North. nowadays, Ho Chi Menh City in the South is proof of that viewpoint.

GB1

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Well, Hell.... from that perspective, Hitler saw Poland, Austria, Hungary, and most of Europe as part and parcel of a great Reich of Germanic influence.

Guess we were wrong to stand in his way, too, huh?

Still doesn't change the fact that for 40 years, you've coddled a bruised ego and a guilty conscience. None of which matters at all.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tactically the VC and NVA were on the ropes several times to the brink of surrender.Go read and educated yourself as to what actually happened,the military did not lose this war contrary to your whining.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Tactically the VC and NVA were on the ropes several times to the brink of surrender.Go read and educated yourself as to what actually happened,the military did not lose this war contrary to your whining.

so, who lost it, the Commander in Chief, President Johnson?

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
The NVA 2nd in command's new book clearly states that they were completely defeated militarily TWICE, and the U.S. media and protesters in the States gave them the opportunity to not surrender.

Folks like Gus HELPED the North Vietnamese win.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

In a nut shell !!

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The NVA 2nd in command's new book clearly states that they were completely defeated militarily TWICE, and the U.S. media and protesters in the States gave them the opportunity to not surrender.

i supported the CIC Johnson if that's what you mean. a lot of folks who voted for President Nixon didn't. grin

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Gus, read Vo Nguyen Giap's memoirs, and see who he directly credits with helping the NVA win in Vietnam.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem

In a nut shell !!

Vietnam has become a tourist attraction and low cost producer of mfg'd goods. true capitalists, President Nixon was instrumental in turning bloodshed into profits. grin

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Gus, read Vo Nguyen Giap's memoirs, and see who he directly credits with helping the NVA win in Vietnam.

in his book, what did Secretary McNamara admit to about the war, some 20 years later?

IC B3

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
McNamara admitted his domino theory was wrong.

Read Giap to see exactly why the NVA eventually took South Vietnam.

Your ego is still bruised because we lost; it ought to at least behoove you to find out exactly why.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
McNamara admitted his domino theory was wrong.

Read Giap to see exactly why the NVA eventually took South Vietnam.

Your ego is still bruised because we lost; it ought to at least behoove you to find out exactly why.

we had a CIC like always, and the military didn't lose? get real.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
I'm guessing yes. Yikes. An ex-SF friend has shared some tales over a campfire, but mostly from a different perspective, if you dig...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=281_1317870232

Look what you started. cry

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Your reading comprehension is pathetic.

You're upset because we lost; you ought to at least find out why.

Read Giap's memoirs; he was there, literally.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Gus
they were fightin' for their Homeland, against foreign invaders, in their understanding.

From me and about 58,000 others who aren't here to say it: FU moron.

" The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson.

Molon Labe
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Skipped thru the video, traps were typical if not more elaborate. never go down the trail poge. Hobo woods or cu chi

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Originally Posted by Gus

Vietnam was a mistake, and if you took part in it, you too were a part of the mistake... Get it?

This statement, I don't understand. Not sure if I'm taking it out of context, but it sounds absolutely horrid.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I couldn't clearly understand them 42 years ago and nothing has changed.
Unless i missed it the tour guide did not tell the tourists what those stakes were dipped in prior to being hidden.
It never ceases to raise my blood pressure when amnesty groups protest our military's methods of securing the field but never utter a peep when the bad guys utilize truly barbaric methods......like dipping sharp pointed items in their own crap.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
"I gave up my life for a cause i didn't believe in."
What are you suffering from?......PTDS?........Post Traumatic DESK stress disorder?

"there lot's of levies for Nam that crossed my desk. i felt sorry for every one those folks, even though i didn't know any of them personnally."

Folks,right there.....if it had really affected him,he could have filled out any number of request chits requesting a transfer incountry.

There were men who were drafted and did not support the war (or did not believe in war but wanted to serve their country). Some of those men became "bac si"......"docs".......medics.......corpsmen.

Last edited by chapped_lips; 10/06/11.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Traps were real, horrid and thankfully fairly rare in the areas I was in. NVA didn't use crap like that very much and actually didn't care for them any more than we did for much the same reasons. VC however used them a LOT. The infections from a schit dipped bamboo pungi stake were absolutely horrid. OH and btw, Gus, go kill yourself. It will end your pain.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

638 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 06hunter59, 69 invisible), 2,793 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,415
Posts18,528,222
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.