Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
GBB Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
With all the undercover shenanigans out in the open now, Marlin looks a lot more like home again. Knew something was brewing, enough to make me mad - I wish I had known it was something as dopey as $200 .17 barrels for $162 marlin 25MNs.
<br>
<br>Plus you got to take your 25MN to a gunsmith to get it set up?
<br>
<br>I can't understand why I would spend $200 an a .17 barrel to spend $162 on a 25MN plus $150 for a gunsmith to set it all up so I end up with a 25mn with 2 interchangeable barrels for $512 plus shipping and tax when I can just get a 25mn and a 17v locally with tax for less then $400 and have 2 whole guns? What am I missing? Where is the "up-side" to this? I have a 25mn, an 882ss, so for around $200 I get a 17v and I am done with rimfire magnums. I hope walmarts gets them, then $180 might do it...
<br>
<br>Now on the other hand, mpmi sounds like he did some good work in getting us some aftermarket stocks for our marlins, I could use some good stocks!
<br>
<br>Am I missing something about this marlin "switch-barrel" thing?
<br>
<br>gbb
<br>

GB1

GBB Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Wow! Marlin pulled the "switch-barrel" advertisement! I did not think Marlin had the beans to do it! When the leverguy said "marlin might close down the board for this" I did not believe it for one moment! Well it looks like the ads will go over to "rimfire central" (a far more appropriate venue IMO.) At this point it's up to the miscreants (love that word - wish I could spell it) as to what comes next. I do not speak of Mpmi or Andrew when I use that nasty term I can't spell. Although I think it was an error to go about the "launch" of the project in the way it was done, I don't think the nasty word fits THEM. The nasties are those foolish zealots who think it is OK to yell "FIRE" in that crowded theater because it's "free speech". This same mentality can lead to the skewed thinking which disregards the FACT that the Marlin board belongs to Marlin, to be run (or shut down) anyway Marlin sees fit. The nasties could make the Marlin board a nasty place to be. Vengeance is mine sayith the nasties - Marlin deserves it sayith the nasties - as our collective nose is cut off to spite our collective face.
<br>
<br>Or cool heads could prevail. We can ALL be good citizens of the Marlin community, we are like guests in a friend's home, the host sets the rules. We live by them or we may be asked to go. If we make a big enough fuss and DON'T go when we should, the host just stops throwing the party. Locks the doors. Gets an unlisted number - or whatever.
<br>
<br>Bottom line is (or could be) "the party's over". You will recognize the nasties because they can't play by the rules set down by our hosts. I bet Mpmi and Andrew DO stay calm and will play by the rules as soon as they understand them.
<br>
<br>I hope Marlin makes it clear just what the rules are. I have always thought basic moral behavior was what was expected. But what is morel to one man is not apparently morel to another. I know I question MY morels as related to this episode. I do not hold myself faultless. I hope others question themselves as well.
<br>
<br>GBB
<br>

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (1minute, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,397 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,020
Posts18,500,437
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.