-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would say yes and no. I have gained some new bowhunting grounds across the street from the house, so most of my time is spent there now. I do not make the 1 hour drive to one of my hunting spots near as much. My next trip there is to pull my feeders since I am moving to AK in Dec. My biggest constraint is that I have had to cancel leave twice or reschedule twice in the last month due to restriction on my troops that are pregnant. I am now havng to cover their shifts.

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Lifetime license, tons of reloading supplies, and when I wake up I walk to my stand on our horse farm. Biggest change is now my 14 YO daughter will be hunting with me

Life is but the memories we've created.....Sully Erna
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I know O'bummer has no problem with our plight, and if Canada sends us fuel, good deal! I just can't stand hearing anything about the middle east and what they do to us and how they view us. I do not want to hijack this thread with my opinion of what's going on with our economy. I will say that all of our lives are affected by forces at work within and outside this country conspiring to lower our standard of living, and that includes our hunting trips!

LOL
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
In a roundabout way I think it'll help my deer hunting this year. It'll keep some of the rif-raf out of the woods. Maybe it'll keep some of the drunk cajuns down in Louisiana instead of up here.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Fewer people in the woods. I got to hunt a place that's usually sold out at a higher price than I paid and as far as I know they still have open slots....and they only let 20 people a year hunt the place.

It's the first real hunt I've had a chance to go on since my wife got cancer so I'm just glad to be able to go even though I'm doing it solo.

[Linked Image]
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As far as my hunting plans go, nothing has changed. I will be headed out of state for my annual deer hunt in NC and 5 friends will be going too.

If you want to shoot and hunt you just have to prioritize your spending. Buy a few less 6-packs, give up smoking, brown bag your lunch, go out to eat once a week instead multiple times. It doesn't take much of a change in habits to save up the money for supplies or hunting. $30/week goes a long ways towards keeping the gunpowder burning and the deer dropping.

I don't drink or Smoke. I spend my money on gunpowder and gasoline.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The economy is hurting my hunting. I lost my long time job in July 2010. Since then time for hunting has been a challenge, because of new jobs and schooling. Money for hunting hasn't changed, but I've always done low $ hunting.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Its killing my deer hunting. I been working 7 days a week for the last 2 1/2 months with no end in sight. crazy
I'm not about to complain about it tho....

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Its killing my deer hunting. I been working 7 days a week for the last 2 1/2 months with no end in sight. crazy

Me too. 50-70 hrs a week for the past year in a half. Starting to wear down a little bit. I can't wait for my upcoming two week long deer and bear hunting trip that is less than a month away. Will be nice to get away from work. I got a new 7mm WSM that's ready to punch tags...

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by bearstalker
Originally Posted by tndrbstr

Me too. 50-70 hrs a week for the past year in a half. Starting to wear down a little bit. I can't wait for my upcoming two week long deer and bear hunting trip that is less than a month away. Will be nice to get away from work. I got a new 7mm WSM that's ready to punch tags...

Good luck to ya man!... cool

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yup. no elk hunting, and i cant afford to really hunt deer either. i got my tags, but ive only managed four hunts all together for a few hours, and one trip ended early due to a migraine...

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
Yep. I have to drive 1.5 hrs to our leases and fuel costs are killing me. I am definately going to have to cut back this year...

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Next year will be the killer for me because my wife just recently lost her job of 23 years. I only drew one permit this year and will squeek that hunt out come November, but applications in January is when it will hurt the most.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i hunt local,so not much change. less work,hunt more. in a normal year i never work in november or december and most everyday. i expect this will be a normal year. already killed a bear and one deer this year.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slg888
Yes, I'm not hunting in October due to the lousy economy. 1st year this ever happened in my last 25yrs of hunting...[bleep] sucks.

You ran out of Daddy's money, huh??? Now you'll have to sheister people on your "carpet deals" Stoney!!

Last edited by 300MAG; 10/14/11.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Not really. I'm still hunting the same farm, I've hunted for 30 yrs., and it's about 6 minutes from home.

maddog

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Probably can only afford to take a couple of days for the deer hunt, where as in past years I have been able to take 3-4 days off.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (2500HD, 007FJ, 2ndwind, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 67 invisible), 2,227 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,670
Posts18,493,756
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.