T
with a bow or muzzle loader?

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'll stand post with my fellow hunters. I'll sit in rain, snow, sleet, heat, and whatever else Ma Nature throws at us.

I'm finally getting caught up on stuff around here. Boat got the final winterization tonight. Fishing gear put away for the season, garage looks like a garage. I have leaves to take care of and a snowblower to buy....then it's hunting season.

Man....it's close.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by j_elky
I'll stand with you ND. I've got a couple 280 empties I'll be carrying tomorrow, one vanilla and one Ackley, for my worry(rut) stones.

A .280 you say? I'm having Redneck build me a .280. I have to pick out the donor, which may happen this weekend, but I'm not going to push it.

If Dicks still has Remington 700 SS ADL's for $499 that will be the donor. Otherwise I think I'm going to do it on a Win M70 XTR action.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
uuuuurrp, uuuuuurrrrp, uuuuurp,uuuuurrp, uuuuuurrrrp, uuuuurp,uuuuurrp, uuuuuurrrrp, uuuuurp,uuuuurrp, uuuuuurrrrp, uuuuurp,uuuuurp,uuuuurrp, uuuuuurrrrp, uuuuurp,uuuuurrp, uuuuuurrrrp, uuuuurp!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Who will stand with me in my movement to occupy deer stands?

(for future reference this is a spoof on "occupy wallstreet" which is a flash in the pan hippie and entitlement group effort which we will strain to remember a year from now)

Tell me more about this movement. Sounds like something I could get behind..

Wood is Good.
IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Occupy deer stands is mostly a weekend protest because unlike the wall street protestors... we have to work for a living and we support ourselves and our families.

Also unlike the wall street protestors we shower (sometimes) and we clean up after ourselves. We don't do drugs in the deer stand or any nonsense like that.

But we do carry high powered rifles instead of protest signs and peace symbols.

It's a silent display of freedom and rights, and god willing it can also put some food in the freezer for our family.

It's clean, quiet, responsible, respectable.... I doubt the mainstream media will cover it.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
LMAO, oh I so needed to hear this. I actually had to cut off contact with two of my relatives over this Occupy crap.

I will also be occupying our deer stand in support of grilled venison loin marinaded in South American steak sauce with marinated mushrooms in sweet butter, and a smooth red wine.....

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Tom, you having a plain 280 or 280AI built? The 280 is still my all time favorite.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Occupy deer stands is mostly a weekend protest because unlike the wall street protestors... we have to work for a living and we support ourselves and our families.

Also unlike the wall street protestors we shower (sometimes) and we clean up after ourselves. We don't do drugs in the deer stand or any nonsense like that.

It's a silent display of freedom and rights, and god willing it can also put some food in the freezer for our family.

It's clean, quiet, responsible, respectable.... I doubt the mainstream media will cover it.

Count me in Dave. I doubt that we'll get any union backing either.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Tom, you having a plain 280 or 280AI built? The 280 is still my all time favorite.

Due to my lack of reloading skills and equipment, and space for said equipment and time to acquire said skills ...it is the .280 Rem

I'm trying to clear a space in my garage to set up a bench to reload. I really don't have room in the house I don't think. I may be able to convert a closet we don't use into a reloading area, but it seems tiny. How much space does a guy need to set up?

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N

Count me in Dave. I doubt that we'll get any union backing either.

Well, in disease and overpopulated areas you might see some union guys showing up looking for some money in exchange for a union contract.

Because everybody knows that's where the money is in this deer hunting gig. Over populated metro areas and disease areas.

Those areas get attention, attention gets funding, funds in exchange for eradication efforts.

And the efforts last for as long as the money lasts.

When the money is gone, the DNR will claim victory, i.e. �the disease is gone� or �the population has dropped to acceptable levels�

As long as the money is still there, efforts rage on and your deer numbers actually drop.

So, in a case like this (I can�t believe I�m about to say this�) A union appearance is a blessed thing.

See, If a union shows up because they smell wildlife management funds you may see a shortcut to a DNR declared victory.

Union will take all the money for the program in one big scoop and they will occupy the deer stands union style (nap time).

So, no deer will be harmed, the money will disappear, the DNR will claim victory and eradication efforts cease.

The only bad part about it is that 90% of the program funds will be routed directly to democratic party election efforts.

grin

Thank you, thank you� I�ll be here all day for questions.

As you can see, I am exceptionally intelligent today.

grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone

Due to my lack of reloading skills and equipment, and space for said equipment and time to acquire said skills ...it is the .280 Rem

I'm trying to clear a space in my garage to set up a bench to reload. I really don't have room in the house I don't think. I may be able to convert a closet we don't use into a reloading area, but it seems tiny. How much space does a guy need to set up?

A 12'x18' room with plenty of shelves for storage should be fine for your needs as a beginner in the art of reloading. smile

I hope Mrs. Tzone don't find out where I live...

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In all honesty a good solid & level bench that WON'T wiggle will be your biggest asset.
Nothing worse than inconsistant powder charges, tipped over brass, and the frusturations that acompany them.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Thank you, thank you� I�ll be here all day for questions.

As you can see, I am exceptionally intelligent today.

grin

Well I gotta question for ya. Can I still buy the cheap tags up in that area? Is there bonus tags up there? I wasn't thinking when I bought my tags this year. If I whack a buck here, I'll not have one for muzzy ldr season unless I can get a bonus or disease tag.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by White_Bear
In all honesty a good solid & level bench that WON'T wiggle will be your biggest asset.
Nothing worse than inconsistant powder charges, tipped over brass, and the frusturations that acompany them.

I can screw it right to the wall in the garage in the spot I have in mind. I built a few benches for my materials lab at my previous job that had to hold a few hunderd pounds of rock/gravel, so I'd use that model I think. It was a heavy bastard so if I have to move it I'm hosed.

I'm thinking I'll have to store the powder in the house because of the humidity and temp swings of the garage.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Two fiddy.

Dolla.

Limit, 5 each.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by fluffy
I been carrying a 450 marlin case around fer a week now.
Finaly took delivery of the rifle at lunch today. grin

fluffy, are you going to reload for the 450? I just ran across 20 once fired cases from my old 450. There yours if you reload.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I haven't shot a deer with my 450 yet. Shot a cow elk with it a few years back though.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Those of us stuck in states where cartridge rifles are not allowed have to carry flints in our pockets instead of once-fired brass cartridges. Cuts the hell out of the pockets though.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll carry a 130 gr 6.5mm tsx in the stretched out 264 brass tomorrow too.

You finally got those loaded? What was your final load?

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear
Page 759 of 1,842 1 2 757 758 759 760 761 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (1936M71, 1badf350, 1234, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 56 invisible), 2,415 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,436
Posts18,489,374
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.