I just recieved the Terrapin rangefinder from my Distributor that I had ordered a few weeks ago, so I couldnt wait and had to test it out against my Swaro rangefinder, so I started ranging buildings, lamps on posts about 3'x3' at the airport and the radar (looks like a big golf ball) Ok the lamps I was ranging were from 1500m to 2500m the biuldings were 1200m-2500m and the radar golf ball was 3275meters, guess what the Terrapin ranged everything without a hitch I pointed and it gave me a reading and did it consistently and repeatedly, my Swaro on the hand could not pick up the lamps at 1600yards but did get a few buildings at about 1900yards, but on small objects and distance the terrapin just blew the swaro away. There was no comparison.
The glass is great at 5x, it has an illuminated reticle cross hair with mil graduations and with a super small aiming circle.
I thought the 5x zoom would be a little weak as far as power goes compared to the Swaro 8x but actually the glass is so good I dont think it makes a difference.
Tommorow and this weekend i will be testing both units out on deer at 1000yards and will post my results.
So far this unit is probably the best rangefinder for longrange hunting without going much over 2k.
Elmer grin