Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
that hunter is an absolute dumbass. there is no excuse for shooting a human being in a hunting incident - "know your target and beyond".

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
"Ochoa was wearing dark-colored clothing when an Oregon man hunting for bear with his 12-year-old grandson saw something moving in the brush and fired one shot from a .270-caliber rifle, striking Ochoa, the Marion County Sheriff's Office said."

Probably an ill-advised choice of clothing during bear season.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tragic stupidity all around I'd say.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye Probably an ill-advised choice of clothing during bear season.

[Linked Image</div><div class=" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>

Doesnt matter what he was wearing, no [bleep] excuse whatsoever for this. Idiot took a shot at something moving in the brush. Manslaughter at least.

[Linked Image]
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No relief to the hunter's ultimate responsibility but people need to be smart when they are going into the woods in hunting seasons. Need to wear blaze even if they are not hunting.

Heard of worse too. A woman in my home town was hanging clothes in her backyard. Unfortunately she was wearing a brown coat with white gloves and you all can guess what happened. So caution in shooting but also caution in clothing too.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
well I hope they take that guys license away.... shooting into the brush at a target you really didn't identify.. bad bad bad

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
True, but common sense tells you there are idiots about and a little orange may be nice.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe the hunter was using one of those dangerous 700's...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SoTexasH
well I hope they take that guys license away.... shooting into the brush at a target you really didn't identify.. bad bad bad

Of course it is, but that guy might have been completely positive that what he saw was a bear. Completely wrong, but completely positive. I believe it could happen to anybody.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
i agree with jnyork. manslaughter at a minimum.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Headline reads:
"Hunter Killed in Hunting Accident"

Anyone care to guess again?

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
WHAT A DUMBAZZ HUNTER! Know your target, PERIOD! Never shoot at sounds or unclear movement, NEVER!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by BarryC
Originally Posted by SoTexasH

Of course it is, but that guy might have been completely positive that what he saw was a bear. Completely wrong, but completely positive. I believe it could happen to anybody.

He didn't see a bear because there wasn't a bear. He can claim that he saw a leperchaun holding hands with a midget, reality is he shot a man and if that looked like anything except a man then he didn't have a good enough view to shoot.

Slob hunter doesn't happen to anybody, it happens to slobs.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Geeze, some hopped up Oregon hunter, with a hot chamber, afraid of eating tag soup. Surprised it doesn't happen more.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
"Ochoa was wearing dark-colored clothing when an Oregon man hunting for bear with his 12-year-old grandson saw something moving in the brush and fired one shot from a .270-caliber rifle, striking Ochoa, the Marion County Sheriff's Office said."

[Linked Image]

You oughta' take this disgusting, and totally inappropriate picture down, azzwhole.

WTF is WRONG with you, anyway?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep, manslaughter or negligent homicide. Knowing your target is a responsibility that comes with pulling the trigger.

I'm recalling back in the 70's farmers in the Catskills painting "COW" on their cows, and among my realtives up there blaze orange on the dogs, blaze orange on themselves even (or especially) when walking down the driveway to check the mailbox (which got shot, the house got hit too).

More than any other group, hunters are the ones which chase all other users out of the woods. As the proportion of other users steadily rises, this well-founded fear of hunting season will kill the sport as quick as any other.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calvin
Geeze, some hopped up Oregon hunter, with a hot chamber, afraid of eating tag soup. Surprised it doesn't happen more.

hey now... im a hopped up Oregon hunter with a hot chamber afraid of eating tag soup...

i just consider it a blemish on my hunting record when i get skunked though... i dont shoot at unidentified targets....

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by T LEE
WHAT A DUMBAZZ HUNTER! Know your target, PERIOD! Never shoot at sounds or unclear movement, NEVER!

EXACTLY!!

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

[Linked Image]

A man is dead and this is what you post? You are a classless muther [bleep]. Damn..........

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

58 members (6mmbrfan, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 899 guests, and 853 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,119
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.